Southern California Area Southern California Members.

SOLO II Autocross results...

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 12:51 PM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1990 RS
Engine: LO3 TPI
Transmission: W/C T5
Axle/Gears: 3.73
James and I are planning on getting together this Thursday to edit and grouping these into smaller segments categorized by driver. For example all three of my runs will be together, all three of Deans runs will be together, etc…
Old 06-29-2005, 01:29 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 2003 Porsche C4S
Engine: 3.6L
Transmission: 6-speed Manual
Originally posted by ReddRocket
James and I are planning on getting together this Thursday to edit and grouping these into smaller segments categorized by driver. For example all three of my runs will be together, all three of Deans runs will be together, etc…
I got at least 1 run of everybody and most poeple probably 2. I think I got all 3 of mikes runs and 2.5 of deans. It was hard when there were 2-3 cars on the track at one time and you guys lined up all together. Be aware that the audio contains some foul language, mostly at dean , and home grown smack talkin'.

Old 06-29-2005, 01:45 PM
Banned

Car: Agood2.8,
Engine: V6rsr,
Transmission: Afrikingoodtime
Originally posted by james_85Z28
Be aware that the audio contains some foul language, mostly at dean , and home grown smack talkin'.

Sounds like somebody in general was wishing hateful sh*t happen to me on my runs
Thats alright, I'm used to getting under people skin.

We definately don't need to see my first run were i was jerking to wheel in every attempt to go the correct direction of the track without DNFing. I was actually not smooth on any run except fo the last portion on the last run after correcting to the left out of the block cone jont- the reast of the four gates to the finish should look smooth.

Last edited by RTFC; 06-29-2005 at 01:50 PM.
Old 06-29-2005, 02:28 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 2003 Porsche C4S
Engine: 3.6L
Transmission: 6-speed Manual
actually you can hear me say Mike is done once you ran the 66.XX ... plus I have a tendency to swear like a sailor....the video just brings it out more....

I think I got half of your forst run dean and then your last two. i got mikes 180* spinout and a couple other spinouts by other members. The LCD screen made it hard to track the cars on the deep end of the course so I lost the cars on a couple shots.
Old 07-02-2005, 01:59 PM
Banned

Just checking in and waiting with anticipation. I have never seen pics of this car in action on slow speed trasitions.

Also a fun note: Somehow everything seems real quite around here. I get the strong impression it wouldn't be so quite had I lost that day
Old 07-02-2005, 03:45 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by RTFC
Just checking in and waiting with anticipation. I have never seen pics of this car in action on slow speed trasitions.
Patience is a virtue…please BEAR with us, as we want to insure that we have the best video quality. The three that we have available now are my in car clips but there is no sense putting those up until we have the rest edited. The links should be up by Sunday evening at the latest.

Originally posted by RTFC
Also a fun note: Somehow everything seems real quite around here. I get the strong impression it wouldn't be so quite had I lost that day
Sure it would have…just beating you would have been more than enough. If you check the archives you will find that my Anglo-Counterpart is the one that handles most of the $hit talking. In most cases (for the exception this one) I’m just the broad sword that gets the job done. I think we can both agree that actions speak much louder than words.

Last edited by Grey Goose; 07-02-2005 at 06:00 PM.
Old 07-02-2005, 04:58 PM

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Car: 90 RS 'Vert, 88 IROC-Z, 88 Firebird
Engine: 305 ci tbi, 305 ci tpi, 350 ci tpi
Transmission: WC-T5, WC-T5, 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.45, 3.27, 3.27
Patience is a virtue…please bare with us...
Mike, I'll be patient, but please don't expect me to get naked with you. OK?

Lon
Old 07-02-2005, 05:24 PM

[i]
Patience is a virtue…please bare with us...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lon [/B]
Old 07-02-2005, 05:31 PM
Supreme Member

Car: White KSwisses
Engine: 5.3L Gen III
Well done Lon
Old 07-02-2005, 05:58 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by lonsal

Lon
Lon…sweetheart…how many times have I told you it’s simply a sensual approach to friendship. Nothing is going to happen that you don’t want to happen…
Old 07-02-2005, 06:00 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1993 GMC Typhoon
Engine: 4.3 Turbo
Transmission: 4L60
Axle/Gears: 3.42
Sure it would have…just beating you would have been more than enough. If you check the archives you will find that my Anglo-Counterpart is the one that handles most of the $hit talking. In most cases (for the exception this one) I’m just the broad sword that gets the job done. I think we can both agree that actions speak much louder than words.
so what you're saying is.. Mike is like the big quiet WWE wrestler and James in the crap talking loud mouth manager.. sort of like "The Mouth of the South Jimmy Heart".. but without the ******?
Old 07-02-2005, 06:07 PM

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Car: 90 RS 'Vert, 88 IROC-Z, 88 Firebird
Engine: 305 ci tbi, 305 ci tpi, 350 ci tpi
Transmission: WC-T5, WC-T5, 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.45, 3.27, 3.27
Lon…sweetheart…how many times have I told you it’s simply a sensual approach to friendship. Nothing is going to happen that you don’t want to happen…
Sorry Mike. The sweet talking isn't going to cut it. You're only going to wind up being dissapointed, cuz I don't play with boys.

Lon
Old 07-02-2005, 07:58 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Car: 1990 Pontiac Trans Am
Engine: 355 TPI siamesed runners
Transmission: Tremec T56
Axle/Gears: 12-Bolt 3.73
If you need a plce to put the videos, send them to me. I have almost unlimited space on my server to host whatever you want.
Old 07-02-2005, 08:51 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Kevin91Z
If you need a plce to put the videos, send them to me. I have almost unlimited space on my server to host whatever you want.
Thank you Kevin. That is nice of you to offer. I hope they will ask you if needed. I need to learn more about computers and get out of the dark ages.
Old 12-17-2018, 05:16 AM
On Probation

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Re: SOLO II Autocross results...

Someone mentioned this to me the other day. Came back in to read it.

Since I won as I predicted with a 4 second margin- I let everything else go. THe conversation the other day was about "how everyone tried to cheat against me but no one bothered mentioning it"- The first post of this thread we agreed to run in CSM class- but no one seemed to recall that. I stated I would show up aprox 9-930 and walk the course at lunch time break because CSM ran in the afternoon. They purposely changed this without telling me so they had an excuse "IF" they lost that I ran at a different time when the track was faster or some sh*t like that.

Well, I got there at about 9am to find out everyone else got there early purposely to enter ESP which ran at 9:15-9:30 staging. They all walked the course at 7:30

Figured I'd point that out after 13 years.

Also, you all know me very well now and look at this post quite differently that I was not arrogant, I was factual. Yet, I was the bad guy...lmao

F'ing cheaters switching the run time on me- you still lost. 4 seconds is an eternity and it would have been 6 or more had I walked the course.

Also, Mike had brand new Michelin Pilots on 11" wheels. I had worn out GS-D3's with over 20K on them already on 8" wheels.

And for interpetation- this post is meant to tease good friends who may see this.

CSM, Not ESP cheaters- Look at the first post:
https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/sout...ross-info.html

Last edited by SlickTrackGod; 12-17-2018 at 05:29 AM.
Old 12-17-2018, 11:47 AM
Supreme Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Car: 88 Formula 350
Engine: 5.7
Transmission: T-56
Axle/Gears: 9" 3.89

Originally Posted by SlickTrackGod

Since I won as I predicted with a 4 second margin- I let everything else go. THe conversation the other day was about "how everyone tried to cheat against me but no one bothered mentioning it"- The first post of this thread we agreed to run in CSM class- but no one seemed to recall that. I stated I would show up aprox 9-930 and walk the course at lunch time break because CSM ran in the afternoon. They purposely changed this without telling me so they had an excuse "IF" they lost that I ran at a different time when the track was faster or some sh*t like that.

Well, I got there at about 9am to find out everyone else got there early purposely to enter ESP which ran at 9:15-9:30 staging. They all walked the course at 7:30

Also, you all know me very well now and look at this post quite differently that I was not arrogant, I was factual. Yet, I was the bad guy...lmao

F'ing cheaters switching the run time on me- you still lost. 4 seconds is an eternity and it would have been 6 or more had I walked the course.

Also, Mike had brand new Michelin Pilots on 11" wheels. I had worn out GS-D3's with over 20K on them already on 8" wheels.

And for interpetation- this post is meant to tease good friends who may see this.

Glad you could get that all off your chest after 13 years! Haha
Old 12-17-2018, 12:41 PM
On Probation

Might I inform the okie form Lubbork who I've never met that he does not make the "Tease good friends list"
Old 12-17-2018, 02:40 PM
Supreme Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Car: 88 Formula 350
Engine: 5.7
Transmission: T-56
Axle/Gears: 9" 3.89

Could care less about your “tease good friend list”. I actually used to be one of the active NorCal guys. Nice to see you can read a location, but not a date of a 13 year old thread. If you’re going to use Internet forums, you might need to toughen up a bit.
Old 12-17-2018, 06:59 PM
On Probation

Proof you're not just dumb, you're lost too. Take a peek at the forum title- we do not know you.
Old 01-04-2019, 07:40 PM
Supreme Member

What up Dean! Long time old friend... I see you're still stirring the pot! Don't ever change

You absolutely won and by the 4 second margin you predicted. I personally made absolutely zero attempt to cheat in any way, shape, or form. This was only my second time autox-ing ever and simply entered the class everyone else in our group entered. ...and for the record (as I've told you several times) I never walked the course because James and I were in the pits setting up the cameras. Given my lack of experience at the time, I didn't understand the importance of walking the track. Had I known them what I know now... Hell yeah I would have walked every inch of that track because it would have given me a ton of insight on steering inputs and throttle modulation in key areas on the course. Would it have made a difference in the outcome? Doubtful. My cars setup at the time was completely wrong for an autox course.

Yes I was running Michelin Pilot Sport. However, they were take-off's from a customers 996TT that came in for a set of HRE's wrapped in a fresh set of Pilot Sport Cup's. They were measured at 6/32nds when I mounted and balanced them a couple weeks before we ran. Additionally, my wheels were 18x8.5's in the front running 245/40-18's and rears were 18x10's running 295/35-18's. Not 11's... Believe me, I would have loved to have had 11" rears at the time.

Just wanted to take a moment to tighten things up

You absolutely kicked my *** and believe me when I say that I am forever grateful for the experience as its completely changed my methodology in suspension building and driving. You are extremely knowledgeable when it comes to 3rd gen chassis dynamics and a brutally skilled driver.

Lest we forget years later when I rented the track out in Riverside for our 3rd gen group. Same track, same car, same slicks, minutes apart and you were 1/100th quicker than me in my own car.

Some say it was attributed to my weighing 100lbs more than you at the time... Some say you were the better driver... Some say you were taking it easy and didn't want to rag on my car... Oh, wait! That was you! LMFAO! ...and yes, I'm totally breaking your ***** with this.

All that matters with any of this stuff that's happened over they many years we've all known each other is the knowledge we've gained, memories we've collectively created, and best of all... it was all done behind the wheels of the best friggin cars ever built, the 3rd generation f body!
Old 01-06-2019, 10:39 PM
On Probation

LOL, Love ya Mikey.

Yes we pretty much tied in your car that day. Its all the car would do- meaning I knew I ran a good lap my first lap and did not need to beat on it anymore to try and better my time.

Speaking of that track...Im going back to basics, getting out of professional racing and politics as of a year ago, and bought myself a race kart chassis I am building that I can simply go back to having fun on a Tuesday off work if I want for $20 all day. Building this with a Rotax DD2 Evo max motor (currently has a stout methanol KZ100 motor in it that does about 70) will do 110 when I am done with it. Front binders going on, doing some creative chassis works with CF tubing as well and an innovative rear axle design I am experimenting with for dampering- also CF related. I'll hit you up when I have in done in the next 3 to 6 months and we'll hit the track for some good ol fashion fun without the politics. It's like the millionaire who realizes the little aluminum row boat was the best type of fishing there is- simple = put the fun back in it.

Also, lastly, Got rid of the Brabus W202 and bought an SLK r171. Fast little car. Put the Lorinsers on it. Also built a little S10 2wd lifted (suspension tricked out of course) for myself daily so I do not tear up Vetruck anymore. The kart is easy to toss in the back of either truck, no trailer needed, and run out to the track for a quick afternoon of fun even on a weekday. It will be fast and cheap to run- plus I can take friends and not worry about someone wading up a big car of mine into a K-rail. Mentoring Louie's kid in karts (Vertical Doors) so Im building myself one to screw around in.

PS- I drove a 3rd gen just 2 weeks ago. Still playing with them occasionally. Nick Morrow has something trick he's been doing to his. I'll wait for him to reveal it. Berk sold his BB502 TA and moved here from Turkey permanently. TIlt and I took his 4th gen up to StofWillow several months back helping him out on a bigger track gain some experience- he did well.

Last edited by SlickTrackGod; 01-06-2019 at 10:59 PM.
Old 01-09-2019, 10:43 AM
Supreme Member

LOL, Love ya Mikey.

Yes we pretty much tied in your car that day. Its all the car would do- meaning I knew I ran a good lap my first lap and did not need to beat on it anymore to try and better my time.

Speaking of that track...Im going back to basics, getting out of professional racing and politics as of a year ago, and bought myself a race kart chassis I am building that I can simply go back to having fun on a Tuesday off work if I want for $20 all day. Building this with a Rotax DD2 Evo max motor (currently has a stout methanol KZ100 motor in it that does about 70) will do 110 when I am done with it. Front binders going on, doing some creative chassis works with CF tubing as well and an innovative rear axle design I am experimenting with for dampering- also CF related. I'll hit you up when I have in done in the next 3 to 6 months and we'll hit the track for some good ol fashion fun without the politics. It's like the millionaire who realizes the little aluminum row boat was the best type of fishing there is- simple = put the fun back in it.

Also, lastly, Got rid of the Brabus W202 and bought an SLK r171. Fast little car. Put the Lorinsers on it. Also built a little S10 2wd lifted (suspension tricked out of course) for myself daily so I do not tear up Vetruck anymore. The kart is easy to toss in the back of either truck, no trailer needed, and run out to the track for a quick afternoon of fun even on a weekday. It will be fast and cheap to run- plus I can take friends and not worry about someone wading up a big car of mine into a K-rail. Mentoring Louie's kid in karts (Vertical Doors) so Im building myself one to screw around in.

PS- I drove a 3rd gen just 2 weeks ago. Still playing with them occasionally. Nick Morrow has something trick he's been doing to his. I'll wait for him to reveal it. Berk sold his BB502 TA and moved here from Turkey permanently. TIlt and I took his 4th gen up to StofWillow several months back helping him out on a bigger track gain some experience- he did well.
Fuggin Deano! Man's man, man about town! Diggin the kart action. Pure wheel to wheel adrenaline filled action.

I picked up a CTS-V a couple years ago and had been playing with until I found out Jerry’s 90 was for sale. Picked it up and have been getting it dialed over the course of the past couple of months. 10:1 Delphi steering gear that is damn near lock to lock singlehandedly! Way down on power with the TPI/LO3 but the 5 speed and 3.73’s its so much friggin fun to drive. Definitely want to toss you the keys whenever we link up to get your input. Other then traveling a whole bunch, it’s the same ol same ol…

Last edited by Grey Goose; 01-09-2019 at 10:46 AM.