Southern California Area Southern California Members.

The White House wants GM and Chrysler out of Nascar!

Old 03-31-2009, 09:44 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1986 Grand Prix TPI
Engine: 350 TPI
Transmission: 200 4R
The White House wants GM and Chrysler out of Nascar!

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...ascar_car_news

In a move sure to spark outrage, the White House announced today that GM and Chrysler must cease participation in NASCAR at the end of the 2009 season if they hope to receive any additional financial aid from the governmen
Old 03-31-2009, 10:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1989 Chevy Camaro RS
Engine: Proud V6 Owner
Transmission: 5 Speed
Axle/Gears: unk.
Re: The White House wants GM and Chrysler out of Nascar!

God Im glad I didn't Vote this moron into office.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:40 PM

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Car: 1983 Daytona Trans Am
Engine: LG4
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: 3.73

I say April Fools
Old 03-31-2009, 10:54 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1990
Engine: 305
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: stock

looks like lil boy hussein is full of himself.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:34 PM

Car: 89 RS
Engine: 305 TBI (lo3)
Axle/Gears: Whatever is stock.

Originally Posted by BladeQuarter
God Im glad I didn't Vote this moron into office.
Now wait dude. Im a chevy man all the way, but I agree 100%. You see this one sided. Hey I have an idea you pay for the races then. With the bail out we wold all be paying for it. I know I dont wana pay for it. They rip us off at every turn and its that "moron's" job to stick up for us. Honest its a huge change to see things working the way they should be, but its for the best. The well is dry. If you have so much money send me some.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:39 PM

Car: 91GTA 89TTA
Engine: 305 3.8 Turbo
Transmission: MK6 2004r
Axle/Gears: G80 3.42s 3.27s

Makes sense to me.....its not GM or Chryslers money so why would they be able to spend it how ever they wished? Poor money management has them in this situation......so why let them continue down a road thats proven to be problematic?
Old 04-01-2009, 12:20 AM
Supreme Member

Car: Yes...
Engine: Last time I checked...
Transmission: See "Engine"...

Originally Posted by 82FirebirdTA
I say April Fools
I'm gonna ditto this.

Aside from the April 2009 date on that article, here's the next big clue:
"NASCAR officials remain tight-lipped about the call, but sources say series president Mike Helton and team managers are exploring several options, including other manufacturers to fill Chevrolet and Dodge’s vacated positions. Given the company’s recent interest in motorsport and the steady cash-flow and V-8 engine provided by its new Genesis sedan, sources indicate that NASCAR is pinging Hyundai to gauge the Korean company’s interest in occupying a spot in NASCAR."
Old 04-01-2009, 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by STRIKER911
Now wait dude. Im a chevy man all the way, but I agree 100%. You see this one sided. Hey I have an idea you pay for the races then. With the bail out we wold all be paying for it. I know I dont wana pay for it. They rip us off at every turn and its that "moron's" job to stick up for us. Honest its a huge change to see things working the way they should be, but its for the best. The well is dry. If you have so much money send me some.
Not to get into politics, but this guy who you say is doing us a favor just exceeded his yearly checkbook by over a trillion dollars... and more than any predecessor. Cutting a few million to save our wallets is flat out retarded no matter how you slice it. If he was spending what he was going to receive over the next year I might agree with you, but since he isnt and he's spending way more than anyone can even imagine he's just making a worthless political statement that will make zero effect on the bottom line.

Old 04-01-2009, 12:58 AM

Car: 1988 Camaro Sport Coupe
Engine: 5.0 305 Carb'd
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.23

GM and Chrysler are spending money to be in nascar, but being in nascar also has about 2 million people see chevys and dodges all day. GM and chrysler (even though are spending money) are sponsors of nascar. if nascar didnt have chrysler and gm nascar wouldnt be nascar. its be to that F1 crap. all foreign made cars. next thing you know jeff gordon will be driving a mazda.

and why did they have to use earnhardts car? hes been dead for almost 9 years. let him ****in die.

Last edited by Ca[maro]88; 04-01-2009 at 01:02 AM.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:08 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Car: 1990 Pontiac Trans Am
Engine: 355 TPI siamesed runners
Transmission: Tremec T56
Axle/Gears: 12-Bolt 3.73

Its an April Fools joke. From Jayski.com:

NO April Fools Jokes, hoaxes, stories knowingly posted
There is an article [hoax] floating out there on the 'net at an automobile magazine, not known for posting anything about NASCAR with the byline "Obama Orders Chevrolet and Dodge Out Of NASCAR". The 'article' is nothing but an April Fools Joke. If true it would be ALL over the news and web sites as it would be HUGE news.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:34 PM

Car: 1989 Chevy Camaro RS
Engine: Proud V6 Owner
Transmission: 5 Speed
Axle/Gears: unk.

this "moron " just made the federal deficit bigger than Bush and Clinton put together. He needs to back off and let the law of Suppy and Demand work.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:17 PM
TA
Supreme Member

Car: '88 GTA, 90 Formula
Engine: 5.7 TPI, fed growth hormones
Transmission: 700r4 4u2?
Axle/Gears: 9bolt

It seems popular to always blame the President for everything, but he's just the mouthpiece right now. I blame most of our current financial problems on various members of Congress, who, having destroyed the worlds' economy with very little blame being cast on them, are now making decisions on how to run our major corporations (right into the ground), rewarding corporate incompetence and downright thievery with huge payouts, and just defying common sense and responsibility at ever turn.

However, I also agree that if GM is genuinely circling the drain, they need to stop "playing" in NASCAR, pissing away money on private jets, and paying workers to not work.

Apart from that, I have no opinion.

TA
Old 04-01-2009, 07:24 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1990
Engine: 305
Axle/Gears: stock

its called ADVERTISING! unlike the fools that run our government the auto company cant come out with guns and hold you up for money, they have to get you to want to spend it with them.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:26 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 89RS(other cars & pics in vBgarage)
Engine: LO3, 305 TBI Mildly Modified
Transmission: BakerBuilt 700R4 w/B&M Megashifter
Axle/Gears: 3.23 Auburn Pro Series LSD

oh great, this april fools joke is going to get everyone in a talk about the president and past presidents and blah blah blah

lets sum it up

the country was good with clinton in office, but he got some action from some hoes o well

bush, he lined his, his daddys, and all his rag head oil friends pockets with $$$$ and did nothing about it bush is out of office and gas is 70% cheaper than what it was, pertty odd that our government did nothing about the high gas prices but yet the perssy was in the oil business

Obama................im not even getting started on him....... i doubt 1/2 of his promices will go through, but i may be proved wrong and he do a kickin job

but back to the subject nascar is not chevy ford dodge anymore, its a car that is on the same template and has stickers of ford chevy dodge and ....WTF toyota (who dont even produce a V8 car) ........ nascar should be put in the trash can, its worth less now, its sure not what it used to be

but i have gone on enough now guy, hopefully this post will get locked since it has nothing to do with our cars
Old 04-01-2009, 07:39 PM
Supreme Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 89' IROC-Z
Engine: LO3
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 10-Bolt/2.73

Originally Posted by 89RS_82Z
hopefully this post will get locked since it has nothing to do with our cars
+1
Old 04-01-2009, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by TA
It seems popular to always blame the President for everything, but he's just the mouthpiece right now. I blame most of our current financial problems on various members of Congress, who, having destroyed the worlds' economy with very little blame being cast on them, are now making decisions on how to run our major corporations (right into the ground), rewarding corporate incompetence and downright thievery with huge payouts, and just defying common sense and responsibility at ever turn.

Last edited by Kevin91Z; 04-02-2009 at 11:03 AM. Reason: fixed quoting
Old 04-02-2009, 11:11 AM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Car: 1990 Pontiac Trans Am
Engine: 355 TPI siamesed runners
Transmission: Tremec T56
Axle/Gears: 12-Bolt 3.73

Originally Posted by 89RS_82Z
oh great, this april fools joke is going to get everyone in a talk about the president and past presidents and blah blah blah

lets sum it up

the country was good with clinton in office, but he got some action from some hoes o well

bush, he lined his, his daddys, and all his rag head oil friends pockets with $$$$ and did nothing about it bush is out of office and gas is 70% cheaper than what it was, pertty odd that our government did nothing about the high gas prices but yet the perssy was in the oil business

Obama................im not even getting started on him....... i doubt 1/2 of his promices will go through, but i may be proved wrong and he do a kickin job

but back to the subject nascar is not chevy ford dodge anymore, its a car that is on the same template and has stickers of ford chevy dodge and ....WTF toyota (who dont even produce a V8 car) ........ nascar should be put in the trash can, its worth less now, its sure not what it used to be

but i have gone on enough now guy, hopefully this post will get locked since it has nothing to do with our cars
Oh sure, you get to spew your crap all over the room and THEN you want the post locked? From AL to CA, no less?

I suggest you go look up gas prices over the last 15 years and see how they've varied wildly over the years. Bush had no effect on gas prices any more than Clinton or Obama does. And if you think Obama is going to do a good job then your idea is different than mine. I like my guns, muscle cars, and money left alone.