TPI Tuned Port Injection discussion and questions. LB9 and L98 tech, porting, tuning, and bolt-on aftermarket products.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Identify FPR help needed

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2019, 08:57 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Identify FPR help needed

Hello together,

someone in germany sells parts for TPI injection system.
I saw the fuel pressure regulator on the fuel rail and was curious about the height of the cap of the FPR.
Is this an original cap for the FPR? That fuel rail was part of a tpi camaro, unfortunately no year is given.
My original cap from my 87 Firebird looks different than that part. Even the hole in the cap is strange....

I will attach some pics I got from him so far.
Could you explain me whether this is aftermarket or OEM? Looks like aftermarket.

Old 06-01-2019, 02:01 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1,052 Likes on 748 Posts
Re: Identify FPR help needed

It's an aftermarket AFPR... Can't remember who manufactured that style... Without the matching regulator or at least the adjustment plate it's pretty much worthless. Kind of a dopey part anyway, another of those tricks from the dawn of EFI when changing injectors and tuning the computer was big black voodoo magic, and it was easier to bolt on an AFPR and crank up the pressure to try to compensate for other shortcomings. It's a waste of time, and this is coming from someone with afprs on three cars and as many more NOS afprs tucked away on the shelf for no real reason.