Transmissions and Drivetrain Need help with your trans? Problems with your axle?

Tick adjustable slave cyl?

Old 01-04-2019, 07:49 PM

Car: 82 Pontiac Trans Am
Engine: 350 Vortec, sprayed
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: Spooled Strange 12 bolt, 3.73 gears
Tick adjustable slave cyl?

Hi every one!
I'm trying to get everything ready for when I drop my drivetrain in. I ordered a Tick Performance adjustable slave cylinder for my LT t56. I'm looking at the slave cyl and looking at the current one...and it seems entirely different. As in, I don't even see how it's supposed to mount, hook up, or anything. Everything seems different on it. I can try to include some pics if I need to, but is there any advice some one who has one of these can give me? I thought it would be a simple swap but it looks a bit more. I haven't taken the old one out yet so maybe I'm just looking into it too deep but it just doesn't seem right.
Old 01-05-2019, 01:54 AM
Supreme Member

Car: '89 Firebird
Engine: none
Axle/Gears: 3.73
Re: Tick adjustable slave cyl?

The piece that mounts to the firewall will look nothing like the original. But it should have the same bolt pattern, and a compatible connection at the transmission. I'm not sure if the pushrod attaches to the thirdgen pedal without modification. I know that answer for the LS1 style but not the LT.
Old 01-05-2019, 04:01 AM

Car: 82 Pontiac Trans Am
Engine: 350 Vortec, sprayed
Axle/Gears: Spooled Strange 12 bolt, 3.73 gears
Re: Tick adjustable slave cyl?

Originally Posted by QwkTrip View Post
The piece that mounts to the firewall will look nothing like the original. But it should have the same bolt pattern, and a compatible connection at the transmission. I'm not sure if the pushrod attaches to the thirdgen pedal without modification. I know that answer for the LS1 style but not the LT.
Okay, thank you! The piece that goes to the firewall freaked me out but I figured it would work...the pushrod looked completely different though. I'll probably just take my old slave cyl out and see what I can do. Hopefully it's not too much. Thank you for the help!