Carburetors Carb discussion and questions. Upgrading your Third Gen's carburetor, swapping TBI to carburetor, or TPI to carburetor? Need LG4 or H.O. info? Post it here.

1850 holley jet extensions

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 10:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1850 holley jet extensions

Is there a jet extension set that works with the side hung floats and short bowls of the 1850 carbs? I've got QFT metering plates installed. Called the tech line and was told 'it can't be done with side hung's' by the guy I got on the line. Has anybody made something work on this application? If I cut some of the nitryl float off and seal it, may it cause the float to not lift as it should and cause issues with fuel level in the bowl? Do any of the press on extensions that claim to fit under the float actually fit under a side hung float? Any Insight would be great.
Old 01-21-2017, 09:47 AM

Re: 1850 holley jet extensions

I've decided to try Moroso Jet Extensions for Holley, #65227. They are a plastic press on extension that can be trimmed to suit your needs. The nitryl floats I'm using with the QFT metering plate are clearanced for the jets somewhat and I believe there is room for a 3/8" extension. It may not be until spring but I'll get back and post whether I made it work or not. As always, any knowledge, insight or opinion is welcome.
Old 02-19-2017, 12:01 PM

Re: 1850 holley jet extensions

Recieved and installed the Moroso jet extensions in my 1850 carbs. The short ones worked with the float that I'm using. The longer ones are easily worked to a shorter length on a sanding wheel. A small hammer is needed to tap the tight fitting extensions over the jets and be sure to use a pick or something to clean any shavings that the jets peel up when you tap them on.