Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Aftermarket Product Review (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/aftermarket-product-review/)
-   -   HEADLIGHT COVERS ??? (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/aftermarket-product-review/610416-headlight-covers.html)

UNCLE TOM 04-09-2011 09:07 PM

HEADLIGHT COVERS ???

O.K. , i know this subject has been beat to death . i have SEARCHED , but i have a question . i found on ebay and followed to summit some headlight covers . they appear to be different from the ones that fly off . o.k. , i know the factory made/supplied some . these seem to mount a little different . summit pn# 37615 , has anyone tried them ? if so please post results . not interestd in a bunch flack (but i know it will come) , just interested in summit pn# 37615 . thanks for any info. on them . good luck to all .

UNCLE TOM 04-10-2011 03:33 PM

Re: HEADLIGHT COVERS ???

bump ............

customblackbird 04-16-2011 02:46 PM

pics dont look like the would fit the camaro... camaro has 2 headlights. It looks to have the right curvature for the firebird covers, however they wouldnt work since firebirds pop up and that wount cover the actually headlight but looks more like the shape of the cover thats already a solid piece of aluminum.

Make your own

DRIVE2FAST 05-03-2011 09:42 PM

IM CUTTING A SET OUT OF 1/4 PLEXI -GLASS. ILL POST PICS WHEN DONE.:blah::blah:

irocket87 05-12-2011 11:01 PM

ive also been wondering how the headlight covers mount since our headlight are pushed back in the front end and the covers dont fit flush on the headlights like most cars? heres a link with some for sale they all say no tools or drilling required? would you use some sort of doublesided tape?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AVS-H...Q5fAccessories

irocket87 05-15-2011 02:03 AM

no one has headlight covers or ever used them or what?

DJP87Z28 05-15-2011 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by irocket87 (Post 4921596)
no one has headlight covers or ever used them or what?

1) Never used them..
2) Never liked them..
3) Useless add on..
My opinion....:welcome:

mongo136 05-15-2011 11:29 AM

I used to use them, not sure of part numbers but mine never came off. They tucked under the hood and used a bristle like attachment on the bottom. It was like velcro but stronger. Just repainted, not sure if I'm gonna put them back on or not.

irocket87 05-15-2011 07:16 PM

well i think they look pretty good on a third gen. i just want to know if theres anything that usually comes with them to mount them or install them

one wheel peel 05-15-2011 07:24 PM

i got em on mine , and i like em, never flew off, been to 120 no problem

irocket87 05-16-2011 09:49 PM

what comes with them or do you use to mount them and where did you get them One Wheel Peel?

HawkZ28 05-17-2011 06:11 AM

I had a set once that had our 3rd gen Z28 emblem embossed on the lower outside corners. Flew off on my way to Ft Madison, IA because the mount broke/cracked. Found it, superglued the pee pee out of it when I got to town, and was fine for about 2 more months. Same cover is somewhere between Lincoln and Omaha. Didn't even see it fly off the 2nd time.

I have another set that I plan on installing this summer. I like the look myself.

one wheel peel 05-17-2011 07:20 AM

i got them at auto parts store called hires, they have a plastic chanel that is screwed to inside of headlight pockets, then u need to slightly bend cover to get them to slip into channel. but dont try to bend when they are cold, they will snap easily

ZROCz28 06-26-2011 10:18 AM

we have them on our drag car they actually saves us 2 10ths and 1 mph on our runs, it blockes the air from being collected in the headlight pit and reduces drag

blackbmagic 06-26-2011 12:06 PM

You have a picture? Ive seen bucket covers on drag cars, lexan, and either pinned or fastened in. But never an adhesive backed or velcro strip. That would be very unprofessional and I am pretty sure many tracks wont let you run with that crap on.

theNMBR27 06-26-2011 02:03 PM

I had smoked ones when i bought my car,.. the clear ones look nicer and I never had them fly off.

UNCLE TOM 06-26-2011 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by UNCLE TOM (Post 4885184)
O.K. , i know this subject has been beat to death . i have SEARCHED , but i have a question . i found on ebay and followed to summit some headlight covers . they appear to be different from the ones that fly off . o.k. , i know the factory made/supplied some . these seem to mount a little different . summit pn# 37615 , has anyone tried them ? if so please post results . not interestd in a bunch flack (but i know it will come) , just interested in summit pn# 37615 . thanks for any info. on them . good luck to all .

back to subject , no one has tried summit pn# 37615 ???