Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Auto Detailing and Appearance (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/auto-detailing-appearance/)
-   -   Oct COTM **Winner** (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/auto-detailing-appearance/663641-oct-cotm-winner.html)

BADNBLK 10-01-2012 01:14 PM

Oct COTM **Winner**

8 Attachment(s)
Well I am happy to announce the October COTM winner is...

BADNBLK and his 1991 Z28!!!
- Ok done talking in third person. I am totally excited for winning this month. I am honestly surprised cause this month has some AMAZING camaros in it, ones that I have watched improve, and become machines I would love to own myself. I could not be prouder right now! Thank you for everyone that likes my car and voted for me!

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/y...er/badnblk.jpg

Engine:
TPI, Coated Hedman Shorty headers, QTP cutout, gutted cat, Hooker Aerochamber cat back, MSD Pro billet distributor, MSD 6AL, MSD coil, MSD wires, AFPR, airfoil, K&Ns, plenum P&P, underdrive pulleys, 1.6 roller rockers, Cloyes double roller TC, free mods,

Trans/Rearend:
1996 T56. SPEC stage 2.5 clutch, Alum. flywheel, Hurst shifter, MBA polished shift knob, 3.73 gears, stud girdle cover,

Suspension:
Eibach Sportline springs, polished Hotchkis STB, polished aluminum factory driveshaft, Spohn adj wonder bar, Spohn sway bars, Spohn adj panhard, Spohn adj lca, Spohn SFC, Spohn LCRB's, full poly bushings, powder coated front control arms, Hotchkis solid tie rod sleeves, Spohn polished strut mounts, AGR quick ratio gear box, Astro steering shaft & bearing upgrade.

Brakes & Wheel/tire:
Baer track plus brake kit with 2pc rotors, and polished calipers, 18x9 & 18x10" ROH Drift R's with polished lips and center caps, BFG Gforce 275/35r18 front, and 295/35r18 rear tires.

Interior:
Full custom leather interior from Mr.Mikes including door panels, Z28 embroidered in seat backs, Pioneer Premier 4x6 plate component & Premier 6x9 4way powered from 400watt JBL amp. JL audio 12 subs in matching carpeted box, powered by 750 watt JBL amp. All wiring and amps hidden. Shutt tuning steering wheel on a momo adapter, Mcewan silver face Gauge overlays, Autometer procomp 5" tach/shiftlight under vents, MBA Billet 3rd gen pedal set, ACC embroidered Z28 floor mats, full Dynamat treatment under "new" ACC carpet. Polished billet dash emblem.

Body:
Custom Heritage stripes in 96 Corvette teal metallic, teal paint in the "vents" on GFX, custom polished billet emblems, shaved nose emblem, smoothed and painted air filter box, REAL carbon fiber Z28 grill, customer shorty antenna, custom polished billet hood hinges. Painted and detailed underbody.

Attachment 361128
Attachment 361129
Attachment 361130
Attachment 361131
Attachment 361132
Attachment 361133
Attachment 361134

Attachment 361135
Ran a best of 15.01 - 92 MPH on street tires before T56, and drag radials @ 5800ft elevation.

Thanks again!!!

Zach/90\irocZ 10-01-2012 03:13 PM

Re: Oct COTM **Winner**

Congrats sweet ride

Orr89RocZ 10-01-2012 03:25 PM

Well deserved. Fine looking car that color combo is unique. I never seen one like that

Lmancha96 10-01-2012 08:45 PM

Congrats on the win!!

You and your car deserved it for sure.:goodjob:

BADNBLK 10-02-2012 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by zachary3 (Post 5391246)
Congrats sweet ride

I thank you!

Originally Posted by Orr89RocZ (Post 5391259)
Well deserved. Fine looking car that color combo is unique. I never seen one like that

Yeah I have never seen it together before. Its a struggle every year to not paint it different. Been wanting to do satin black where the teal is for about 6-7 years, and teal just keeps winning.

Originally Posted by Lmancha96 (Post 5391480)
Congrats on the win!!

You and your car deserved it for sure.:goodjob:

Thanks man!

Orr89RocZ 10-02-2012 10:23 AM

Satin or matte would look good in person but it be hard to pick up in pics and definately need the right light to notice it even in person

hellz_wings 10-02-2012 10:34 AM

Awesome car congrats. Love the detail of the engine bay and underbody!

LHernandezJr 10-02-2012 11:16 AM

BADNBLK 10-02-2012 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Orr89RocZ (Post 5391820)
Satin or matte would look good in person but it be hard to pick up in pics and definately need the right light to notice it even in person

I hear you! Its a really subtle graphic color. But looks so good when done right:) I need LS power before I go tearing into the body again LOL

Originally Posted by hellz_wings (Post 5391828)
Awesome car congrats. Love the detail of the engine bay and underbody!

Thanks man!

BADNBLK 10-02-2012 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by motobooks (Post 5391855)
Congratulations!

Love your car.

—Luis

Thanks! Love yours too!

project89 10-02-2012 12:41 PM

congrats man, btw i totally love the way u painted the car.

i need to get the paint and some other lil things done on my twin turbo iroc so maybe somone will nominate that instead of my v6 car next time around lol

yaj15 10-02-2012 03:34 PM

It's really nice to see a 1991-1992 Z28 that has been modified a lot but still can go under the radar unless you really pay attention to the details.

Thats a very nice car!

Have you taken your car to the skid pad yet? I would be intrested in knowing what kind of G's you would be pulling with all those upgraded aftermarket suspension parts. There shouldn't be too many cars that can keep up with yours in the handling department ha ha!

BADNBLK 10-02-2012 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by yaj15 (Post 5392025)
It's really nice to see a 1991-1992 Z28 that has been modified a lot but still can go under the radar unless you really pay attention to the details.

That's a very nice car!

Have you taken your car to the skid pad yet? I would be intrested in knowing what kind of G's you would be pulling with all those upgraded aftermarket suspension parts. There shouldn't be too many cars that can keep up with yours in the handling department ha ha!

Thank you! I like that "under the radar" comment... Someday if it ever gets picked up by a magazine, I would like that as the title :)

No never had it on the skid pad. I raced autocross with it two times about 10 years ago, and from that point I wanted a mix of a "show car" and race car handling than, the drag racer that most of my friends went for. I would really love to get it on a skid pad. I "used" to run it hard in the canyons (playing doubles - double the recommended speed) near me, and have had C5's and crotch rockets get out of my way. The sticky tire in the rear has made it feel even more capable, but I'm sure there is more cars on this site that could totally blow my handling away :)

yaj15 10-02-2012 05:39 PM

Ha ha yeah. Thats the path I am taking with my car too - under the radar. I'm leaving the exterior of my car stock and I'm keeping the stock wheels. Right now my car looks stock but I have done some mods to it that would surpise people though.

Ha ha I haven't done nearly the amount of mods that you have done to your car though. They didn't make a whole lot of 1991-1992 Z28's to begin with (as I'm sure you already know) so I know why so many of us thirdgen fans like your car to begin with. Even if you had left it 100% stock it would catch a lot of attention because now it's starting to get hard to find 1991-1992 Z28's in good shape.

Thirdgens are the best handling Camaros & Firebirds that GM made in stock form period. These cars were pulling 0.90-0.95 G's on the skid pad 25-30 years ago without all the computerized aides and exoctic hardware that many of todays performance cars use to get the same results.

All that's really needed to up the performance level on thirdgens is some more power, minor handling mods, better brakes and, you have got a car that will be able to take on and beat many of todays performance cars.

Ha ha I believe you that you would be able to give some newer cars considered to be good in the handling department more than they bargained for.

Ha ha I love doing that with my car too - having fun on twisty back roads. It's always nice showing up a person in a newer car that has no idea what they are doing with a 20+ year old American muscle car that makes them scratch their head. Ha ha that never gets old!

Originally Posted by BADNBLK (Post 5392073)
Thank you! I like that "under the radar" comment... Someday if it ever gets picked up by a magazine, I would like that as the title :)

No never had it on the skid pad. I raced autocross with it two times about 10 years ago, and from that point I wanted a mix of a "show car" and race car handling than, the drag racer that most of my friends went for. I would really love to get it on a skid pad. I "used" to run it hard in the canyons (playing doubles - double the recommended speed) near me, and have had C5's and crotch rockets get out of my way. The sticky tire in the rear has made it feel even more capable, but I'm sure there is more cars on this site that could totally blow my handling away :)

FSTFBDY 10-02-2012 06:35 PM

looks great. Always liked your car!!

DethVenture 10-02-2012 06:49 PM

Oh, the blue is much better than satin.

You deserve it as much as anyone, BADNBLK. You are the one that even allows us to have a COTM! :thumbsup:

SpeedDemon91 10-02-2012 06:58 PM

Congrats!!

melcamino 10-03-2012 02:09 PM

congrats sweet ride...

neeb_usmc 10-03-2012 02:33 PM

nice car

iansane 10-03-2012 09:48 PM

I really like how your car is an entire package. Beautiful engine bay, ultra clean interior, hopped up suspension, big brakes, etc. Nice job!

Phenom-1 10-04-2012 01:50 PM

I knew it :D

dieseldog 10-04-2012 01:54 PM

Nice job, awesome car!

BADNBLK 10-04-2012 04:53 PM

Ok I had jury duty yesterday and just now able to reply... going for longest reply every LOL!

Originally Posted by yaj15 (Post 5392101)
Ha ha yeah. Thats the path I am taking with my car too - under the radar. I'm leaving the exterior of my car stock and I'm keeping the stock wheels. Right now my car looks stock but I have done some mods to it that would surpise people though.

Ha ha I haven't done nearly the amount of mods that you have done to your car though. They didn't make a whole lot of 1991-1992 Z28's to begin with (as I'm sure you already know) so I know why so many of us thirdgen fans like your car to begin with. Even if you had left it 100% stock it would catch a lot of attention because now it's starting to get hard to find 1991-1992 Z28's in good shape.

Thirdgens are the best handling Camaros & Firebirds that GM made in stock form period. These cars were pulling 0.90-0.95 G's on the skid pad 25-30 years ago without all the computerized aides and exoctic hardware that many of todays performance cars use to get the same results.

All that's really needed to up the performance level on thirdgens is some more power, minor handling mods, better brakes and, you have got a car that will be able to take on and beat many of todays performance cars.

Ha ha I believe you that you would be able to give some newer cars considered to be good in the handling department more than they bargained for.

Ha ha I love doing that with my car too - having fun on twisty back roads. It's always nice showing up a person in a newer car that has no idea what they are doing with a 20+ year old American muscle car that makes them scratch their head. Ha ha that never gets old!

Its really a lot of fun, and I will never get tired of the "I used to have one just like it" comments at shows or cruises. Do you have a build thread? I'd like to watch what your doing.

Originally Posted by FSTFBDY (Post 5392141)
looks great. Always liked your car!!

You like those emblems... And so do I!!!! Thanks Chris

Originally Posted by IW-33 (Post 5392147)
Oh, the blue is much better than satin.

You deserve it as much as anyone, BADNBLK. You are the one that even allows us to have a COTM! :thumbsup:

I keep wanting to give it a sinister... Streetfighter look, but I can't get away from the teal. Thank you.

Originally Posted by SpeedDemon91 (Post 5392157)
Congrats!!

Thank you!

Originally Posted by melcamino (Post 5392744)
congrats sweet ride...

Thank you!

Originally Posted by neeb_usmc (Post 5392755)
nice car

Thanks!

Originally Posted by iansane (Post 5393079)
I really like how your car is an entire package. Beautiful engine bay, ultra clean interior, hopped up suspension, big brakes, etc. Nice job!

Not quite entire package, but hopefully next year I can get going on a new motivation for the car :)

Originally Posted by Phenom-1 (Post 5393497)
I knew it :D

How? Thanks buddy

Originally Posted by dieseldog (Post 5393500)
Nice job, awesome car!

Thank you!

yaj15 10-04-2012 07:31 PM

I should have made a build thread but I didn't.

I know what the before and after differences are on the mods that I have made and I may write that up sometime.

locked_91 10-04-2012 08:12 PM

Awesome.

82tarecaro 10-04-2012 08:53 PM

Nice! I am glad you won. The car had my vote.

Buggy Disaster 10-05-2012 12:31 PM

Awesome car. That wheel/brake combo looks sweet!

oddscrounger 10-05-2012 12:40 PM

wow that's a clean 305 tpi you got under the hood...

The_F_body_kid 10-06-2012 06:22 PM

Wow the entire car is so well done its beautiful a amazing representation for this era of camaro

RCAR7395 10-07-2012 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by BADNBLK (Post 5391154)
Well I am happy to announce the October COTM winner is...

BADNBLK and his 1991 Z28!!!
- Ok done talking in third person. I am totally excited for winning this month. I am honestly surprised cause this month has some AMAZING camaros in it, ones that I have watched improve, and become machines I would love to own myself. I could not be prouder right now! Thank you for everyone that likes my car and voted for me!

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/y...er/badnblk.jpg

Engine:
TPI, Coated Hedman Shorty headers, QTP cutout, gutted cat, Hooker Aerochamber cat back, MSD Pro billet distributor, MSD 6AL, MSD coil, MSD wires, AFPR, airfoil, K&Ns, plenum P&P, underdrive pulleys, 1.6 roller rockers, Cloyes double roller TC, free mods,

Trans/Rearend:
1996 T56. SPEC stage 2.5 clutch, Alum. flywheel, Hurst shifter, MBA polished shift knob, 3.73 gears, stud girdle cover,

Suspension:
Eibach Sportline springs, polished Hotchkis STB, polished aluminum factory driveshaft, Spohn adj wonder bar, Spohn sway bars, Spohn adj panhard, Spohn adj lca, Spohn SFC, Spohn LCRB's, full poly bushings, powder coated front control arms, Hotchkis solid tie rod sleeves,

Brakes & Wheel/tire:
Baer track plus brake kit with 2pc rotors, and polished calipers, 18x9 & 18x10" ROH Drift R's with polished lips and center caps, BFG Gforce 275/35r18 front, and 295/35r18 rear tires.

Interior:
Full custom leather interior from Mr.Mikes including door panels, Z28 embroidered in seat backs, Pioneer Premier 4x6 plate component & Premier 6x9 4way powered from 400watt JBL amp. JL audio 12 subs in matching carpeted box, powered by 750 watt JBL amp. All wiring and amps hidden. Shutt tuning steering wheel on a momo adapter, Mcewan silver face Gauge overlays, Autometer procomp 5" tach/shiftlight under vents, MBA Billet 3rd gen pedal set, ACC embroidered Z28 floor mats, full Dynamat treatment under "new" ACC carpet. Polished billet dash emblem.

Body:
Custom Heritage stripes in 96 Corvette teal metallic, teal paint in the "vents" on GFX, custom polished billet emblems, shaved nose emblem, smoothed and painted air filter box, REAL carbon fiber Z28 grill, customer shorty antenna, custom polished billet hood hinges. Painted and detailed underbody.

http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/z...camaro/283.jpg
http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/z...camaro/242.jpg
http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/z...camaro/234.jpg
http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/z...5481720190.jpg
http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/z...o/BsT56041.jpg
http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/z...o/BsT56040.jpg
http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/z...o/BsT56026.jpg

http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/z...camaro/375.jpg
Ran a best of 15.01 - 92 MPH on street tires before T56, and drag radials @ 5800ft elevation.

Thanks again!!!

Congrats man !!! I had to bump this up and show all the pics again on this BEAUTIFUL CAR ! I have not been on TGO much lately and was so nice to see this !
Congrats
Ray

ghost91 10-07-2012 12:28 PM

One of the nicest looking 305s on here. Very jealous. Congrats man

BADNBLK 10-08-2012 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by RCAR7395 (Post 5395622)
Congrats man !!! I had to bump this up and show all the pics again on this BEAUTIFUL CAR ! I have not been on TGO much lately and was so nice to see this !
Congrats
Ray

Thanks Ray! Appreciate it, and I will keep spreading the good word of the Virtual Junkyard!

Originally Posted by ghost91 (Post 5395672)
One of the nicest looking 305s on here. Very jealous. Congrats man

Thanks! Really wish it was a LS, but hopefully soon. At least it runs good for what it is :)

ghost91 10-08-2012 11:28 AM

Im not an LS guy, but who wouldnt want to go faster with one. haha. enjoy the 305 while it lasts is how i look at it

lyn lyman 10-08-2012 12:06 PM

Nice car how did you delete the air bag?

BADNBLK 10-08-2012 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by ghost91 (Post 5396402)
Im not an LS guy, but who wouldnt want to go faster with one. haha. enjoy the 305 while it lasts is how i look at it

Kinda plan to LS swap this and drop my tpi/t56 into a sport coupe for a daily driver... Snow tires and all LOL!

Originally Posted by lyn lyman (Post 5396425)
Nice car how did you delete the air bag?

Remove 4 bolts and un-plug! Remove bulb from warning light that will come on, and don't tell your insurance ;) I just un-plugged it when I did this one, but I removed the fuse and disconnected the battery when swapping on my convertible... I guess I was young and dumb before, and now think a little smarter about having air bag blow in your face while disconnecting the plug. So... disconnect battery and remove fuse, let sit for 10 mins with no power before messing with it.

lyn lyman 10-08-2012 12:29 PM

Thanks. I had mine all apart this weekend dealing with that vats junk.thought it was that simple just wanted to know for sure. Thanks for answering my question

BADNBLK 10-08-2012 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by lyn lyman (Post 5396448)
Thanks for answering my question

Your welcome!

Tinbender59 10-10-2012 08:14 PM

absolutly beautyful!!! I tell my son, wheels and tires should compliment the paint job, not distract from it, then the stance should enhance the wheels and tires. you have pulled it all together beautyfully.

BADNBLK 10-11-2012 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Tinbender (Post 5398542)
absolutly beautyful!!! I tell my son, wheels and tires should compliment the paint job, not distract from it, then the stance should enhance the wheels and tires. you have pulled it all together beautyfully.

Thank you so much! I really want to change up the wheels to something a little different, but the same lol!

onthedownlow 10-11-2012 01:48 PM

Amazing car, clear winner for COTM.

Tinbender59 10-11-2012 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by BADNBLK (Post 5398941)
Thank you so much! I really want to change up the wheels to something a little different, but the same lol!

Well!?!?! maybe !?!?! if i get to work through the Christmas Break - (double time for 11 days) maybe we could talk aboiut that, I would like something like those on my Vert. They may work with my plans??

BADNBLK 10-11-2012 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by onthedownlow (Post 5399101)
Amazing car, clear winner for COTM.

Thanks man! The others cars were very impressive. It would be blurry choice for me lol

Originally Posted by Tinbender (Post 5399186)
Well!?!?! maybe !?!?! if i get to work through the Christmas Break - (double time for 11 days) maybe we could talk aboiut that, I would like something like those on my Vert. They may work with my plans??

Man you are like the 4th person. I have a list if it actually gets to that point. I honestly need to get serious about a new engine before I can start dreaming of 3pc wheels and mini-tubs (I still do all the time anyway). I will put you on the list and if it works out or I run into a deal that I need to jump on I will be calling people :) Thanks again!

Tinbender59 10-11-2012 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by BADNBLK (Post 5399238)
Thanks man! The others cars were very impressive. It would be blurry choice for me lol

Man you are like the 4th person. I have a list if it actually gets to that point. I honestly need to get serious about a new engine before I can start dreaming of 3pc wheels and mini-tubs (I still do all the time anyway). I will put you on the list and if it works out or I run into a deal that I need to jump on I will be calling people :) Thanks again!

talk to BlueZ, he has the cleanest LS swap around. I'm sure he could save you a few steps, and time

BADNBLK 10-11-2012 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Tinbender (Post 5399343)
talk to BlueZ, he has the cleanest LS swap around. I'm sure he could save you a few steps, and time

Oh I probably will! I already text him when I have convertible questions. He helped get my head straight about buying my Z03 vert :) YOUR MY BOY BLU!

Ed1LE 10-13-2012 01:16 PM

Congrats, beautiful car! One of my favs!

art91Z28 10-14-2012 10:23 AM

Conngrats! You've done a great job, I really like what you have done.

Killa I 10-19-2012 09:10 AM

Congrats on the win!! I love the custom interior!

BADNBLK 10-19-2012 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Ed1LE (Post 5400607)
Congrats, beautiful car! One of my favs!

Thank you! Been following your build here any Pro-touring :)

Originally Posted by art91Z28 (Post 5401147)
Conngrats! You've done a great job, I really like what you have done.

Thank you!

Originally Posted by Killa I (Post 5405518)
Congrats on the win!! I love the custom interior!

Thank you! I keep getting crazy ideas to change it LOL. They are all projects as much as one may seem finished to the next guy.

Killa I 10-19-2012 09:56 AM

Well if you wanna change your seats, LET ME KNOW!

BADNBLK 10-19-2012 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Killa I (Post 5405572)
Well if you wanna change your seats, LET ME KNOW!

I got other things I need to get done before I get crazy tearing apart the interior again... Your on the list lol