Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Body (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/body/)
-   -   camaro & trans am concept (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/body/223523-camaro-trans-am-concept.html)

Alexcoqui 02-12-2004 10:07 PM

camaro & trans am concept

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, dont know if this is the right post for this, but somebody posted the camaro pic some time ago & I wanted to see how a trans am would look. So this is what I came with.. I would buy it!

CorVM 02-12-2004 10:14 PM

That is definately a nice looking car, but I am biased towards 3rd and 4th generation 'birds :D Especially 3rd generation. But I do like the retro flair you gave it. You never know what might happen...

Corey

FruityOne 02-12-2004 10:16 PM

Don't like it.

The front end it too bulbous, and the rear looks like fed it twinkies for a year.

5SIZ 02-12-2004 10:20 PM

Looks like a mercedes did the hippidy dippidy with a 69 maro & thats what popped out :D

also reminds me of the brand new mustangs.

not my cup of tea.

Alexcoqui 02-12-2004 10:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The body came out of this camaro, who I belive is some kind of concept.
if anybody has any info ill apreciated.

FbodTrek 02-12-2004 10:41 PM

If they build that...

the F-body will die all over again (when ours shoot themselves for being related)

Kandied91z 02-13-2004 12:05 AM

the orange one i like, the bird no way.....that kids got alot of talent. the rendition they are actually working with is alot better though.

posbird87 02-13-2004 12:06 AM

just too curvy, and the trans am looks fat

Mathius 02-13-2004 01:03 AM

Originally posted by Alexcoqui
The body came out of this camaro, who I belive is some kind of concept.
if anybody has any info ill apreciated.

Ok, I can't seem to find the article, but that car was designed by Kris Horton. I've seen two blurbs on this, one was a small article that I can't seem to find. That article stated that the concept car was presented in its full portfolio to the top GM brass. It was presented through one of the popular Chevy Magazines, and I can't remember if it was Chevy High Performers, or Super Chevy, or what, but they took a photo of their editor presenting it to the GM representative whos name I can't remember right now.

The second blurb was a fan letter to Popular HotRodding, requesting contact info for Kris. The reply stated that Kris has done some other great works that will be showing up in PHR, and that while they couldn't give out his e-mail address or anything like that, they knew he frequented www.camaroz28.com

Hope that helps some. I'll try to keep looking for that article.

Mathius

Mathius 02-13-2004 01:16 AM

I just went through my magazines again and couldn't find the damn article. It'll turn up when I quit looking for it.

Anyways, I did find this in another thread....

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/fea...09phr_5camaro/

Mathius

pasky 02-13-2004 01:23 AM

That car looks retarded and doesn't resemble a f-body.

ksrammstein 02-13-2004 01:58 AM

I think it looks cool...just not for an F-body....for some reason it kinda looks like a stang...U know the new ones

JeremyNYR 02-13-2004 02:33 AM

I read the article you're talking about and it was linked from another thread on the board. It wasn't presented to "GM brass" though. It was stated in the article that GM doesn't accept any renditions from outside the company due to legal reasons. The author or the article had a former GM employee that had worked in design critique the computer generated pic you see above. He said mostly positive things about Kris' skill level and that he was impressed with the 19 year old's work.

AFTERMIDNIGHT 02-13-2004 07:12 AM

i like it. it something different, new, but with the old-school attitude lurking out it's head. something that looks like that with the new ls2 or the concept 427 small block cranking 650hp with i think like 590ftlbs. mate it to a t56 or even do something like a new school muncie 4-spd for more of the old school taste. just my .02.

FyreLance 02-13-2004 08:53 AM

Looks like a retard with a bad attitude. No offense.

3.1EyeCandy 02-13-2004 10:28 AM

I LOVE it! Nice modification!

TransAmman87 02-13-2004 10:42 AM

In this day and age where car companies are trying to recapture the muscle car market by creating "retro" cars, they really are doing an injustice to what these cars once were. Take the new "GTO" for example, it doesn't remind anyone of the mid 60's to early 70's goats which is a damn shame. I have seen concept versions of possible new camaros and firebird/trans-am's just like the one posted, and my *** they are either ugly or just a totally different car. If anyone really wants to create a retro car, they should really come up with something that is unique, not just create a car and slap a badge on it (aka. GTO/Monero). May the Gods of cars please look after these storied names and give designers some much needed devine intervention!

pasky 02-13-2004 12:15 PM

Glad im not the only one who thinks all these new concept cars are hideous.

nolanr0413 02-13-2004 01:09 PM

were do i sign , ill buy it. it looks sweet .

X86TRANSAMWS6X 02-13-2004 02:49 PM

the only thing i would change is the grill and headlights. looks sweet btw!

Bandit5 02-13-2004 03:03 PM

It is just a concept... if they do produce a real on, the production model will be much more tame.

AmorgetRS 02-14-2004 03:48 AM

Retro is a fad, that is why the GTO doesn't look anything like the 70s GTO. GM will not make a Retro Camaro or Firebird, as they shouldn't. We progressed from 67-02, why the heck do we go back to 67 styling for only a few production years, then have it all die again as everyone realises that it isn't that cool.

SinthetikIroc 02-14-2004 08:30 PM

i think those 2 look tough. and if i had the cash would def buy them

Kevs87Z28 02-14-2004 08:43 PM

how could you rape the kids idea like that? i mean all you did was change the grill, add another headlight, a spoiler, and changed the color. the design is exactly the same as his. thats plagiarism or something you just can do things like this and claim it as your idea.

kretos 02-15-2004 06:09 PM

i dunno i wanna see a 5th gen come out but personally i don't like em look sorta riceish to me

TransAmman87 02-15-2004 06:17 PM

You know what, I almost guarentee that if GM comes out with a fifth gen. Camaro/Firebird, it most likely will not be something affordable for the common man. I'm only 21, and still have a lot to learn, but I would like to see GM create a car that represents the car name and the groups like us. Our imput is more important that some designer trying to make a statement and give their interpretation of what these new age muscle cars should be. Its my hope that if they bring back the nameplates of these historic cars, that they find it possible to keep them from hitting the 30 thousand dollar mark, muscle cars should be affordable, because hell, we are going to do things to improve them anyway.

GTA4ME 02-15-2004 07:03 PM

Sorry, but this is a 3rd Gen site, not 5th Gen. Thanks.:D