Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Body (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/body/)
-   -   Ideas about a all chrome Camaro (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/body/656721-ideas-about-all-chrome.html)

Chevy86 IROC-Z 07-10-2012 04:26 PM

Ideas about a all chrome Camaro

I just saw the news about Justin Bieber being chased by the papparatzii. Then I noticed his Chromed out Karma vehicle. It looks sweet. But how do you guys think a chromed 3rd gen Camaro would look like? Ya or Na?
Here is the chromed Fisker Karma so that you can get a general idea of the chromed car...
http://cdn.sheknows.com/articles/201...eber-karma.jpg

88TransAmGuy 07-10-2012 04:42 PM

Re: Ideas about a all chrome Camaro

I think itd be kind of cool if it were done right and not half A**ed. Itd look like the Tron car West Coast Customs made.

http://www.westcoastcustoms.com/blog...-night-005.jpg Minus the LEDs

Chevy86 IROC-Z 07-10-2012 04:45 PM

Imagine that! A decked out 100% all Chrome 3rd Gen. That would be pretty unique. But Im sure there will be a lot of negative responses too.

Chevy86 IROC-Z 07-10-2012 04:46 PM

http://www.amcarguide.com/wp-content...630&h=250&zc=1
http://www.amcarguide.com/wp-content...-custom-02.png

Edwardgp 07-10-2012 05:02 PM

:idiot:OMG

88TransAmGuy 07-10-2012 05:07 PM

Yeah people are always going to have something crappy to say but as long as you do what you like,thats respectable. Id love to see it

UNCLE TOM 07-10-2012 05:50 PM

chrome is a little over the top , but if you have the buck's !!! BLING TO THE EXTREME ... oh well , not for me . even if i did have the buxs . i do recall many , many years ago (damn i'm old) . a 1958 thunderbird with a full stainless steel body . i thought (still do) that it was super cool . any other old pharts remember it ???

fervernt 07-13-2012 11:03 AM

wouldn't do it. Just too flashy for me. Plus the fact that driving that thing during the day would literally blind anyone looking at it. Kinda a jerk move, but I guess it's one way to keep em from riding your ***! lol

cuisinartvette 07-13-2012 11:08 AM

Unless youre an oil sheik in Arabia skip it. Nothing screams I really really really need attention than that. lol

LostX 07-13-2012 11:37 AM

you can probably do chrome colored vinyl wrap pretty cheap

cIaRmOaCrZo 07-13-2012 12:23 PM

deffinatly not my taste, BUT i would still do it just for gits and shiggles if i had the money. and no, it would not be my only 3rdgen (have more that actually are my taste) so it wouldnt matter if it was a daily driver or a never driver. still neat

patricklav 07-13-2012 12:42 PM

Im not a chrome guy, but that 5th gen looks pretty cool. One of those things that your glad someone else has done it so you can see what it looks like but you wouldnt do it yourself.

Phenom-1 07-13-2012 12:49 PM

I don't like anything that has anything to do with bieber, But I don't like Chromed out cars in general imo he ruined a perfectly black fisker karma by chroming it out if anythin he did it so that his would be the only car in town and the papparazzi would know where he was and where to find him

LHernandezJr 07-13-2012 01:20 PM

Wow, bad Karma, IMO. And good luck for JB avoiding the paparazzi when driving that car. I'll bet it can be seen from outer space.

Not sure I'd do the chrome thing. A flower wallpaper maybe, but chrome, no way! :)

Phenom-1 07-13-2012 01:57 PM

I live here in L.A. and when I saw it on tmz & abc 7 news I busted out laughing.

2007xl50 07-13-2012 02:33 PM

Yeah I never want a chrome car. A 3rd gen is not near a bling car so that IMO would look even worse.

82tarecaro 07-13-2012 04:02 PM

I am sure a chrome car would be cool for about a day until the novelty wears off.

Camaro-Drew 07-13-2012 04:18 PM

Justin Bieber getting mentioned in a 3go thread, ha trinity broadcast network was right, it is the last days!!!!

Richboll 07-13-2012 04:28 PM

I like chrome as an accent..but not everything chromed.

NowhereFast 07-13-2012 11:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Chevy86 IROC-Z (Post 5323693)
I just saw the news about Justin Bieber being chased by the papparatzii. Then I noticed his Chromed out Karma vehicle. It looks sweet. But how do you guys think a chromed 3rd gen Camaro would look like? Ya or Na?
Here is the chromed Fisker Karma so that you can get a general idea of the chromed car...
http://cdn.sheknows.com/articles/201...eber-karma.jpg

He's such an assclown.

Here's another one of his ridiculously silly vehicles.

Attachment 365495

Chevy86 IROC-Z 07-13-2012 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by _Nick_ (Post 5326608)
He's such an assclown.

Here's another one of his ridiculously silly vehicles.

http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/z...ctsv_coupe.jpg

Wwoooooowww!!!! That caddi looks better than the Karma. Sick!!! Love the suicide doors too.

Phenom-1 07-14-2012 12:07 AM

I would have gladly taken that fisker karma just like it was black on black if it meant saving it from the mirror effect. Bieber only does it for the attention.

Chevy86 IROC-Z 07-14-2012 12:12 AM

Isn't that why we all wanna fix and paint our 3rd gens, for the attention? Only difference is is Bieber can do what ever he wants, when ever he wants. Jealousy can never be avoided. Same goes for being envious and being a so called "hater". If I had money, I'd have a few 1986 IROC's. One chromed, one strictly OEM stock, and the 3rd a dragster. Ccchheeoouuu!!!

TreeFiddy 07-14-2012 12:13 AM

Compensation for lack of talent, most likely. U could diy with a bunch of aluminium foil if you really had to :D

Chevy86 IROC-Z 07-14-2012 12:16 AM

Comp for lack of talent? Oh no. That kid has talent. Your just jealous. Now enough of the Biebes. Back to the topic of chroming, if you would.

Phenom-1 07-14-2012 12:22 AM

Talent ? :D HAHAHAHA ! :lol: it doesn't take talent to sing oh baby baby baby to a bunch of 14 year old girls

Chevy86 IROC-Z 07-14-2012 12:30 AM

Kid was famous before the Baby song. So can we get to the topic?

Phenom-1 07-14-2012 12:43 AM

I'd rather listen to britney spears talk all day than 1 of biebers songs.
Ok now back to the topic

I'd never Chrome any one of my cars. I'd paint it silver or have parts chrome like the steel bumpers on a '69 '70 or '73 firebird but nothin that shouldn't be.

Chevy86 IROC-Z 07-14-2012 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by Phenom-1 (Post 5326646)
I'd rather listen to britney spears talk all day than 1 of biebers songs.
Ok now back to the topic

I'd never Chrome any one of my cars. I'd paint it silver or have parts chrome like the steel bumpers on a '69 '70 or '73 firebird but nothin that shouldn't be.

Ok. We really need to stay away from that girl. :lmao:

Mad Max 07-14-2012 10:14 AM

I think it would look silly for a few reasons.

I think an all chrome car is tacky like bling.
I think painting every surface on a car the same color is boring.
I think it would look out of place on a 20+ year old car.
It would also be really distracting to other drivers.

But that's just what I think.

Dakota W. 07-14-2012 11:11 AM

How the hell do you drive it? The glare off the hood is probably horrible! I think if you're going to waste money painting a car chrome, you might as well have it dipped in gold.

Mad Max 07-14-2012 11:12 AM

I didn't buy my car for attention, nor do I want to fix it up for that reason. I bought it because I like it and I am fixing it up so it looks how I want it to, and what I what I want to see everyday.

Edit: I managed to find a way to make the quote not work. This is a reply to "Isn't that why we all wanna fix and paint our 3rd gens, for the attention? Only difference is is Bieber can do what ever he wants, when ever he wants. Jealousy can never be avoided. Same goes for being envious and being a so called "hater". If I had money, I'd have a few 1986 IROC's. One chromed, one strictly OEM stock, and the 3rd a dragster. Ccchheeoouuu!!!"

Blue1992RS 07-14-2012 11:54 AM

I dont think its legal to chrome a complete car and drive it.

fervernt 07-14-2012 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Mad Max (Post 5326852)
I didn't buy my car for attention, nor do I want to fix it up for that reason. I bought it because I like it and I am fixing it up so it looks how I want it to, and what I what I want to see everyday

:yup:

Blue1990camaro 07-14-2012 11:58 AM

opinion on a chrome third gen = Gay/Justin beiber gay/ i wana cry because its terrible to see a thirdgen treated so terribly! / oh did i mention it looks gay?

:) lol

Blue1990camaro 07-14-2012 11:59 AM

just my opinion ^_^!

DethVenture 07-14-2012 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Chevy86 IROC-Z (Post 5326642)
Kid was famous before the Baby song. So can we get to the topic?

Chrome would look really tacky TBH. It just screams "Look at me, I drive a $50,000 mirror!"

I try not to hate Beiber, but his ego just grows and grows. That chrome Karma is case in point. I watched an episode of Inside West Coast Customs and actually caught the episode of them making the CTS for Beiber. I have to admit I like the car, but I would prefer gloss black instead of satin. Beiber was an absolute FOOL. He said 'dope', 'yo', and 'bro' about 15 times in 5 minutes looking over the car. He wants to be black so bad it's not even funny!

/Rant

Blue1990camaro 07-14-2012 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by IW-33 (Post 5326915)
Chrome would look really tacky TBH. It just screams "Look at me, I drive a $50,000 mirror!"

I try not to hate Beiber, but his ego just grows and grows. That chrome Karma is case in point. I watched an episode of Inside West Coast Customs and actually caught the episode of them making the CTS for Beiber. I have to admit I like the car, but I would prefer gloss black instead of satin. Beiber was an absolute FOOL. He said 'dope', 'yo', and 'bro' about 15 times in 5 minutes looking over the car. He wants to be black so bad it's not even funny!

/Rant

i ROFL'd, funniest part is he acts as white as can be....

FSTFBDY 07-14-2012 02:14 PM

back on topic.. This is Most likely the products used. Its not real chrome.
http://www.alsacorp.com/products/mir...irrachrome.htm

They have some nice products. http://www.alsacorp.com/paints.htm

Dakota W. 07-14-2012 02:55 PM

/Rant

I think he is just trying to compensate for what he lacks below the belt. He is obviously a girl.

red rock 07-14-2012 03:12 PM

How about Black Chrome?

Chevy86 IROC-Z 07-14-2012 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Dakota W. (Post 5326851)
How the hell do you drive it? The glare off the hood is probably horrible! I think if you're going to waste money painting a car chrome, you might as well have it dipped in gold.

How do you paint chrome? :lmao:

Chevy86 IROC-Z 07-14-2012 03:17 PM

/Rant

Same goes to Eminem.

FSTFBDY 07-14-2012 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Chevy86 IROC-Z (Post 5327029)

goto the link I posted above. I hope your joking and don't think all these cars are "real chrome plating"

Chevy86 IROC-Z 07-14-2012 04:28 PM

I've seen a technique that uses a spray which does chrome and I've seen chrome plating. Gonna checkout your link in a bit.

Dakota W. 07-14-2012 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Chevy86 IROC-Z (Post 5327029)

Well, usually you use some air, some paint, and a surface.

FSTFBDY 07-14-2012 04:30 PM

Just making sure. Sounded like you thought it was real chrome. (which I do) along with all the other coatings.

Chevy86 IROC-Z 07-14-2012 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by FSTFBDY (Post 5327107)
Just making sure. Sounded like you thought it was real chrome. (which I do) along with all the other coatings.

To be honost with you, I really did think that it was chrome plated as in a dipping tank. You know how these rich people are. They usually go to extraordinary lengths that makes the average person say "why would you do that".

Phenom-1 07-14-2012 05:20 PM

You guys do realize its not really Chrome paint right ? It's Vinyl wrap. They have any color you want most commonly used for wheels. But also for cars.

Observe

Phenom-1 07-14-2012 05:21 PM

Wheel vinyl wrapping