Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Brakes (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/brakes/)
-   -   looking for some adapter hubs...made from an S10 (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/brakes/668071-looking-some-adapter-hubs.html)

dhirocz 12-02-2012 09:19 PM

looking for some adapter hubs...made from an S10

Anybody know of anyone who makes adapter hubs from an S10? I'm looking for a set so I can integrate ABS. Certain mid '90's S10 front rotors use the same wheel bearings as thirdgens do plus they have a tone ring.

Has anybody on here done this? From what I see the rotors are the same minus the tone ring.

87350IROC 12-03-2012 12:39 AM

Re: looking for some adapter hubs...made from an S10

Originally Posted by dhirocz (Post 5436795)
Anybody know of anyone who makes adapter hubs from an S10? I'm looking for a set so I can integrate ABS. Certain mid '90's S10 front rotors use the same wheel bearings as thirdgens do plus they have a tone ring.

Has anybody on here done this? From what I see the rotors are the same minus the tone ring.

Do you have a picture or part numbers for the rotors?

You should have no problem getting a local machine shop to do the work for you.

dhirocz 12-03-2012 06:58 AM

Ill do one better. Gonna go pick up some today if I get off work early enough. Rather not spend the extra cash on new pieces just to cut them up, but by the time I went to the boneyard and got used, I could have shiny new ones anyway.

//<86TA>\\ 12-03-2012 02:46 PM

I have a set of baer aluminumb s10 hubs with the abs rings if you are interested. I'l let5 them go cheap too

Jetmeck 12-03-2012 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by //<86TA>\\ (Post 5437169)
I have a set of baer aluminumb s10 hubs with the abs rings if you are interested. I'l let5 them go cheap too

Good god get your money back, you realize what he is trying to do.......adding ABS to a thridgen. Let him pay up..........

87350IROC 12-03-2012 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Jetmeck (Post 5437202)
Good god get your money back, you realize what he is trying to do.......adding ABS to a thridgen. Let him pay up..........

Hmmmm. Punish people because they are trying to do something innovative??? I don't think so.

dhirocz 12-04-2012 11:07 PM

Interested in those hubs. PM some info over to me.
The ABS swap won't be too hard. Im already in the process of swapping over to a complete 4thgen electrical system with my dash swap, so the hard part is already done for me other than running new lines. Car is gutted, making things that much easier. Ill be running factory bags, vats, and keyless entry too.