Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   DFI and ECM (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/dfi-ecm/)
-   -   Who is Running ACCEL PLUG'N'PLAY? (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/dfi-ecm/233300-who-running-accel-plugnplay.html)

nitrorocket 04-03-2004 05:23 PM

Who is Running ACCEL PLUG'N'PLAY?

I am trying to find somebody running the ACCEL GEN 7 DFI PLUG'N'PLAY. I need someone to send me the fuel and ignition starting screen maps. Anyone?? My car does not start real well I am hoping to be able to copy somebodys settings for the start up sessions.

biggtime 04-03-2004 05:53 PM

Plug and Play??? You can make your own startup program on the DFIV7.

RBob 04-03-2004 07:19 PM

The Accel Plug-and-Play systems are designed for specific crate engines. Accel provides all the tuning ready to go. It also includes the EFI hardware such as intake, TB and injectors. It is a bolt-it-together and turn the key system.

nitrorocket, not sure how this would work into the scheme of things for what you are asking.

RBob.

nitrorocket 04-04-2004 04:26 PM

My car runs great! I have tuned it at the track and it idles excellent. My problem is when I start it cold, I have to crank it for a while and then it starts and then dies unless I really play with the gas pedal. I have screwed around trying to fix it. I have richened it up to the point that it bellows black smoke at startup, and I have leaned it out to the point it does not want to start. I want to see somebody elses setup that starts great and see where I am going wrong. I figured the PLUG'N'PLAY for the ZZ502 would get me real close to where I need to be. Accel should start a swapping board where people can trade data and settings.

aDFIguy 04-06-2004 06:09 AM

With the key on, but engine off, look at the your operating point in both the Base Volumetric Efficiency and Target Air-to-Fuel Ratio tables. The amount of cranking fuel is set initially by the VE and A:F numbers in those tables, then modified by your Starting Fuel Coefficient graph. Increase the Starting Fuel Coefficient and try richening up the a:f and raising the ve numbers somewhat in the area that you are cranking in to throw some more fuel at it. If that doesn't help, see the atttached file -- (edit... issues attaching the file).

nitrorocket 04-08-2004 12:44 PM

Well I called Accel and they sent me the ZZ502 program through E-mail. I loaded all the ignition, fuel, and idle maps and the car still did not start real fast. It died 4 times before it finally stayed running. The good part is that it used to idle real rich at startup and now it does not. It idles pretty clean at my 1100 rpm idle. What chart is CRANKING fuel only? I need to basically give it a big shot of fuel BEFORE it starts to get it running.

aDFIguy 04-09-2004 02:32 PM

There is no true cranking fuel table. The cranking pulse width is determined by the values in your VE and Target A:F ratio tables. When you are cranking, those numbers are combined with your Starting Fuel Coefficent to create a cranking pulse width. Raising VE and Starting Fuel Coefficient, and lowering the Target A:F ratio will give more cranking fuel.