Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Electronics (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/electronics/)
-   -   wiring diagram for electric hatch pull down? (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/electronics/505555-wiring-diagram-electric-hatch.html)

maroon88iroc 12-29-2008 12:52 AM

wiring diagram for electric hatch pull down?

i just rebuilt my hatch motor assembly and now it wont pull down, it grab the hatch when you go to close it but it wont pull it down to close. i know i have one wire not hooked up but cant find where it goes, i was hoping to find a diagram so i could check over everything.

NINÅ 12-29-2008 03:19 PM

DOODLEGRAM !

Just tap this on your typograph and magically the diagram will appear on your CRT machine.

austinthirdgen.org/mkportal/modules/contents/images/diagram_1992_hatch_pull_down_release.jpg

Happy Racing!

If People Drove Any Slower They’d Be Going Backwards

maroon88iroc 12-29-2008 09:49 PM

Re: DOODLEGRAM !

Originally Posted by NINÅ (Post 3990125)

Just tap this on your typograph and magically the diagram will appear on your CRT machine.

austinthirdgen.org/mkportal/modules/contents/images/diagram_1992_hatch_pull_down_release.jpg

Happy Racing!

If People Drove Any Slower They’d Be Going Backwards

you are awesome sir!

lonsal 12-30-2008 09:45 AM

He didn't say his solenoid hatch release wasn't working. There is in electrical schematic for the hatch pull-down motor. The extra wire you mention is a white wire that was not used for your model year. It was used on 1990-92 to trun on/off the hatch light when the hatch opens or closes.

Unplug your red/white stripe wire from the blue wire. Check that you have +12v at the red/white stripe wire. If the power checks good, then most likely the striker-sensing switch is bad. That switch starts the up or down cycle. The reversing switch ends the cycle.

Lon

bigcamaroboi 12-30-2008 09:01 PM

well my hatch motor housing is broke, its just a small plastic piece, but i called all around to look for one and where do u think i can find one?
also i live in detroit michigan, if u can find one for me plz do that for me if u can and email me with the number of the place i can get it or an email i can use to get a hold of them. ty

LAFireboyd 12-30-2008 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by bigcamaroboi (Post 3991586)
well my hatch motor housing is broke, its just a small plastic piece, but i called all around to look for one and where do u think i can find one?
also i live in detroit michigan, if u can find one for me plz do that for me if u can and email me with the number of the place i can get it or an email i can use to get a hold of them. ty

The man who posted right before you, lonsal, has a website with everything you'll need to solve your problem. For future reference, his website is linked to this site, in the right margin with the other links. But for now, here it is:

http://www.top-downsolutions.com/

:thumbsup:

maroon88iroc 01-05-2009 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by lonsal (Post 3990963)
He didn't say his solenoid hatch release wasn't working. There is in electrical schematic for the hatch pull-down motor. The extra wire you mention is a white wire that was not used for your model year. It was used on 1990-92 to trun on/off the hatch light when the hatch opens or closes.

Unplug your red/white stripe wire from the blue wire. Check that you have +12v at the red/white stripe wire. If the power checks good, then most likely the striker-sensing switch is bad. That switch starts the up or down cycle. The reversing switch ends the cycle.

Lon

hey thanks man, ill try that tomorrow i still cant get the stupid thing to close. ive been looking at that white wire trying to figure out where it goes. so on my 88 it still came with the wire but it just wasnt hooked up to anything? that doesnt make much sense

ssean92 01-05-2009 06:54 AM

man get this thing fixed...LOL