Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Electronics (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/electronics/)
-   -   Old ecm wiring (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/electronics/768164-old-ecm-wiring.html)

crossrush 01-26-2020 04:35 PM

Old ecm wiring

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.thi...3d00457b15.jpg
Removed old stock ecm and installed holley efi. Can these harnesses be just left as is or can they be used for anything?

John in RI 01-30-2020 05:10 PM

Re: Old ecm wiring

Some of the PINK/BLACK wires might still be "hot" when the key is turned, Any ORANGE wire might carry full time voltage, and any BLACK or BLACK/WHITE might be a usable ground.

You might be able to use any of the remaining wiring depending on what you plan to use it for. Those plugs are called C207 and C221; Here is a list I made showing what each circuit is for in your 86.

1986 & 1987 C207 ( TPI )

PIN--Color--From / To--(Notes)

A Brn ALDL / ECM (AIR control)
B Red ALDL / Fuel Relay ( TPI )
C Brn/Wht ECM / CE Light ( TPI )
D Tan/Wht Fuel Relay / Fuel Pump ( TPI )
E Wht/Blk ALDL / ECM (test)
F Pnk/Blk IGN fuse / EGR-ECM
G Pnk/Blk Gage Fuse / Burn Off Relay ( TPI )
H Tan/Blk ALDL / TCC-ECM
J Org ALDL / ECM ( TPI )
K Brn ECM / Speed Buffer
L Tan/Wht Fuel Relay / Fuel Pump ( L69 )
M Blk/Wht VSS,P/N switch / Grd
N Org/Blk ECM / P/N switch
P Ppl Brake / TCC
R Ppl/Wht Crank Fuse / Cold Start-ECM ( V6 )

Plug C221

A Pnk/Blk Inj2 Fuse / Even Fuel Injectors
B Lt Green Back Up Switch / BU Lights ( V6-T5 )
C Brn Fuel Pump-Fan Fuse / Fan Relay ( V6 - TPI )
D Pnk/Blk Inj1 Fuse / Odd Fuel Injectors
E
F Dk Blue Back Up Fuse / Back Up Switch ( V6-T5 )

Hope that helps !

:driving:

crossrush 01-30-2020 05:28 PM

Awesome thanks for the info.

IROCZman15 02-03-2020 09:32 PM

how did you make out with your wiring? did everythign work out?

I am a week away from installing a new engine with a holley sniper on it. I eliminated all oem ecm wires, and kept the c207 wires inside the cabin, but eliminated them going into the engine bay. from looking at this layout of the wires, I see that I might need to run a ground at the black/white wire on the c207 (pin M) and possibly possibly the purple (pin P) wire if I want to retain my on/off toggle switch for my current TCC lockup setup.. Looks like all other wires at the C207 wont be needed? am i overlookign anything?

i was talking to scooter, and he suggested using one of the injector wires (pin A or D) on the C221 connector to trigger the sniper unit since it is hot in crank and hot in run. I think that is what we discussed.

everythign else on the C207 and C221 can be left unconnected and unused? or did you find anything else that needed tobe wired ?

crossrush 02-04-2020 07:04 AM

My car is all wired up. Had a buddy help me out with the wiring. Wiring is not really my thing. I didnt have to use any of the wires from the old ecm plug. I was looking to use some of the power wires to run some interior accessories .I also used a toggle switch to control tcc. I didnt end up using the holley input output harness to control tcc. Some of the guys were having a hard time setting that up to work properly on the 700r4.

IROCZman15 02-04-2020 10:25 AM

WOAH, I didnt know the sniper could control TCC! yea, I didn't know that was an option, I will have to look into it, that might be a better way for me to control TCC instead of a trans kit, or reworking my current toggle switch for TCC control. cool

crossrush 02-04-2020 11:19 AM

Not sure if the sniper has that option. I have the holley hp

crossrush 02-04-2020 11:21 AM

Just looked it up, input/output harness is for hp and dominator only

IROCZman15 02-04-2020 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by crossrush (Post 6352996)
Just looked it up, input/output harness is for hp and dominator only

Ah!, bummer. oh well, I know I can figure something out. I don't mind not having lockup for a little bit while I get all the other bugs sorted out with the new 406 engine install. I can always keep using my toggle switch setup, or go with one of the professional kits for TCC control. thanks for checking for me.