Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Electronics (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/electronics/)
-   -   Connector Diagrams (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/electronics/771091-connector-diagrams.html)

exiled350 06-14-2020 07:39 AM

Connector Diagrams

Is there a resource or anything where I can find info on what each connector is and what circuits are in them. I have the service manual which has a nice mechanization foldout and lists circuit numbers and wire color/gauge but no circuit description. The electrical supplemental book has connector faces and cavities with vpps but no names. Most of the stuff I can figure out based on where it is and thankfully the C100 is well documented, but its the random inline connectors that are the issue. What I'm mainly after is a full pinout and description of the two IP inlines that supplement the ECM on the right H-Pillar passthrough of the engine harness. One is a clear 15w and the other is a Grey 6w. I believe the clear one is called C228 idk about the grey one. It kinda looks like they are for the relays and stuff but I want to make sure. My goal is to totally eliminate that whole mess and block off the passthrough. I can move one or two circuits to the C100 but if its more than that or some big gauge (2.0+) then ill have to run them out that way somehow. The car is/was a dead base 1987 v6 (LB8), Auto Trans.

John in RI 06-14-2020 10:08 AM

Re: Connector Diagrams

This might help:

1986 & 1987 C207 ( TPI )

PIN Color From / To (Notes)
A Brn ALDL / ECM (AIR control)
B Red ALDL / Fuel Relay ( TPI )
C Brn/Wht ECM / CE Light ( TPI )
D Tan/Wht Fuel Relay / Fuel Pump ( TPI )
E Wht/Blk ALDL / ECM (test)
F Pnk/Blk IGN fuse / EGR-ECM
G Pnk/Blk Gage Fuse / Burn Off Relay ( TPI )
H Tan/Blk ALDL / TCC-ECM
J Org ALDL / ECM ( TPI )
K Brn ECM / Speed Buffer
L Tan/Wht Fuel Relay / Fuel Pump ( L69 )
M Blk/Wht VSS,P/N switch / Grd
N Org/Blk ECM / P/N switch
P Ppl Brake / TCC
R Ppl/Wht Crank Fuse / Cold Start-ECM ( V6 )

Plug C221

A Pnk/Blk Inj2 Fuse / Even Fuel Injectors
B Lt Green Back Up Switch / BU Lights ( V6-T5 )
C Brn Fuel Pump-Fan Fuse / Fan Relay ( V6 - TPI )
D Pnk/Blk Inj1 Fuse / Odd Fuel Injectors
E
F Dk Blue Back Up Fuse / Back Up Switch ( V6-T5 )

Good Luck !

:driving:

exiled350 06-14-2020 10:22 AM

Thanks! That makes it a whole hell of a lot easier. Beats trying to trace a line over four pages lol. Even better it looks like I can scam the brake/tcc circuit from C207 and run it out the C100 for my 700R4 instead of trying to splice into the brake switch.

John in RI 06-14-2020 03:27 PM

Glad to help ! :thumbsup:

Beats trying to trace a line over four pages lol.
Funny thing; I made the list (a long time ago) by searching thru the 86 & 87 Electrical "supplemental"; about 140-150 pages ! While those manuals are color coded and easy to read,.... those years don't have a section covering the C207 specifically like later shop manuals. To get the info I had to search each schematic looking for each and every individual circuit. ( ID'd the reverse light wires in the reverse light schematic..... ID'd the Speed Buffer wire from the Instrument cluster schematic, and so on. ) I think 88 was the first year the C207 connector was actually described in detail for the first time in the service manuals.

:driving: