Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Exhaust (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/exhaust/)
-   -   completly screwed, lakewood bellhousing and hooker LT's (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/exhaust/437862-completly-screwed-lakewood-bellhousing.html)

19doug90 08-27-2007 12:24 PM

completly screwed, lakewood bellhousing and hooker LT's

well the drivers side of the hooker long tubes just will not go in

the lakewood bellhousing for my tko-600 is sooo freaking wide i just cant get past it when trying to rotate the header into place

had one side of the motor unbolted, jacked up the motor, not enough room, tried jacking up the motor with both mounts unbolted, still not enough room. Have about 3-4" of the flange that isnt past the edge of the bellhousing

wish they just made the drivers side with a slip tube for the last tube as well, id be done by now

oh the block of wood i had accross the oil, pan, SLIPPED, so crushed in the center a descent bit, guess i need to replace the oil pan too now

the ONLY way i see this going in is if you unbolted the transmission, would be by far the easiest way but i dont have the means of doing that in my driveway

Demon355 08-27-2007 01:23 PM

Re: completly screwed, lakewood bellhousing and hooker LT's

Damn man, that sucks. You would think they'd build these headers for certain applications.

19doug90 08-27-2007 03:11 PM

i got it to fit, some how, some way, had both mounts out, the motor jacked all the way up with the dist cover off, broke a couple things, but theyre in.

i dont even feel like talking about it right now, that sucked, pics to come later

//<86TA>\\ 08-27-2007 04:16 PM

hey man, dont feel too bad, my project has and still is a totally beach and doing just the smallest thing is a totaly PITA. This all comes with aftermarket parts and trying to make them all work together. I would love to see the pics cause im probably going to go the same route at some point.

19doug90 08-27-2007 05:16 PM

pics coming but theyre not interesting, the only way to get the drivers side long tube in as far as i could tell, the rearward portion of the flange has to come up beside the slave cylinder, and only way it would slide in like that, is with the dist cap off, and the motor jacked up absolutly as high as it would go
never disconnected the trans but had to loosen the bolt on the trans crossmember so the mount and tranny could slide forward all the way when the motor came up, only broke a few things too :D

should mention, IMO the easiest way to do this would have been at a real shop, just disconnect the trans, slide it back cause its the lip of the bellhousing thats in the way, slide the header right in and bolt the trans back up, definitly the easy way