Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Exhaust (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/exhaust/)
-   -   what type of mount is this called (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/exhaust/542128-what-type-mount-called.html)

89RSTBI 09-14-2009 05:58 PM

what type of mount is this called

My camaro had a mount attached to the catalytic converter and the transmission and when I pulled motor and trans out I forgot to unhook that strap and it broke. Does anyone know what its called or where I could get a replacement for it?

JamesC 09-14-2009 06:29 PM

Re: what type of mount is this called

Originally Posted by 89RSTBI (Post 4282685)
My camaro had a mount attached to the catalytic converter and the transmission and when I pulled motor and trans out I forgot to unhook that strap and it broke. Does anyone know what its called or where I could get a replacement for it?

Cat hanger. Here's the repair for my T-5:

https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/exha...ger-fix-p.html

JamesC

89RSTBI 09-14-2009 08:24 PM

Thanks, I couldn't find that dadbern thing anywhere. Your thread helps allot, Thanks again

DBLTKE 09-25-2009 12:08 AM

Dadbern? never heard that one before...

JamesC 09-25-2009 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by DBLTKE (Post 4293374)
Dadbern? never heard that one before...

Words are born and die. I hear "dadbern' from time to time, mostly from people my age--of course, we all know what a 'church key' is as well.

JamesC

89RSTBI 09-25-2009 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by JamesC (Post 4293511)
Words are born and die. I hear "dadbern' from time to time, mostly from people my age--of course, we all know what a 'church key' is as well.

JamesC

For those of you that is going to question what a "church key" is, its what you all call a bottle opener. The word dadbern is just a way of saying another d word that ends with mn without cursing

JamesC 09-25-2009 11:42 AM

Bottle opener on one end, can opener on the other.

Yes, even cans have evolved: When I was a youngster, a church key was always tossed in when you purchased beer--most teens had a glove box full of them. Then the push-in top, which was an utter failure because you cut yourself a good deal of the time. Then the pull tab, despised by most because they again cut, but also because of the litter. Finally, modern day, where you pop'em, but the opener stays in place.

Oh, and don't ask me how I know so much about beer cans!

JamesC

89RSTBI 09-25-2009 12:05 PM

I bet most didn't even know what the pointed side of a bottle opener was used for because they probably don't remember when you had to cut the top of a can (on both sides) with that side

J91 09-25-2009 02:01 PM

Dadbern, haven't heard that since I lived in KS! Church key, I know what that is! Uhoh, I am showing my age again... Thanks James...

1ADan 09-25-2009 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by 89RSTBI (Post 4293738)
I bet most didn't even know what the pointed side of a bottle opener was used for because they probably don't remember when you had to cut the top of a can (on both sides) with that side

the only cans I see these days like this are the occasional pineapple or Hi-C container. I suppose I may be a bit too young to remember the days before the pop-top. :lmao:

J91 09-25-2009 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by 1A Dan (Post 4293993)
the only cans I see these days like this are the occasional pineapple or Hi-C container. I suppose I may be a bit too young to remember the days before the pop-top. :lmao:

I can remember oil cans where you needed a church key or you'd poke a hole w/ a screwdriver!