Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   History / Originality (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/history-originality/)
-   -   Interesting B4C (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/history-originality/753199-interesting-b4c.html)

steves 05-15-2018 01:28 PM

Interesting B4C

This is rough but it looks like it has some decent documentation.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1992-Chevro...Ra78pd&vxp=mtr

Drew 05-15-2018 01:42 PM

Re: Interesting B4C

I don't know why every listing for a 1LE or B4C or whatever has to be full of explanations of how RARE!!! this ONE OF A KIND automobile and COPO!!! Blah Blah Blah. RACING!!!

It's a decently equipped Z28 drivetrain in an RS body, with or without upgraded front brakes. That's it. I don't know why people have to make all these fantastic claims to try to BS a sale. It doesn't help when they equate a B4C/1LE with a 1LE w/o B4C. It's not like B4C ADDED to 1LE... Whatever. There's just a lot of BS and just plain erroneous information in that listing.

steves 05-15-2018 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Drew (Post 6222320)
I don't know why every listing for a 1LE or B4C or whatever has to be full of explanations of how RARE!!! this ONE OF A KIND automobile and COPO!!! Blah Blah Blah. RACING!!!

It's a decently equipped Z28 drivetrain in an RS body, with or without upgraded front brakes. That's it. I don't know why people have to make all these fantastic claims to try to BS a sale. It doesn't help when they equate a B4C/1LE with a 1LE w/o B4C. It's not like B4C ADDED to 1LE... Whatever. There's just a lot of BS and just plain erroneous information in that listing.

Ever since I bought a B4C I have been studying the ones for sale. All the ads sound the same and some of the misinformation amazes me (170 mph top speed?). I have come to the conclusion 95% of them are hacked up. I paid a lot less for mine than this one is going for and I think I paid too much for it.

KMK454 05-15-2018 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by steves (Post 6222329)
Ever since I bought a B4C I have been studying the ones for sale. All the ads sound the same and some of the misinformation amazes me (170 mph top speed?). I have come to the conclusion 95% of them are hacked up. I paid a lot less for mine than this one is going for and I think I paid too much for it.

Top speed was 151 for L98, 150 for LB9 as per an MI State Police road test article that came with my B4C.

steves 05-16-2018 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by KMK454 (Post 6222462)
Top speed was 151 for L98, 150 for LB9 as per an MI State Police road test article that came with my B4C.

You have a beautiful car.

vinny R 05-16-2018 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Drew (Post 6222320)

And why are all these listings loaded with such crappy photos? No engine pics and what's up with that 1/2 front tire shot? Gess, you would think for such a rare care there would be More Care taken in the presentation.

navy02ws6 05-16-2018 01:26 PM

According to the listing, it's also equipped with super rare anti-lock brakes, and a passenger's airbag. Man, this guy really knows his stuff!

scooter 05-16-2018 02:05 PM

This car is rare!

I like the RS GFX

This car is a rare COPO

I dont like the tall Z28 spoiler, I prefer the more tame short one

This car is rare

Blah blah blah

Did I mention this car is as close to COPO as you can get for 1992?

This car is rare

I like the padded roll bar

This car is rare.

Drew 05-16-2018 05:08 PM

I really do think these people would be much further ahead to leave all the nonsense out of the ad, and just stick to the facts. A simple explanation that it's a 92 RS with a police package to equip the car with a Z28 drivetrain and upgraded front brakes that weren't offered normally on the RS, would probably go a lot further. People don't need to lay the BS on so thick when they're selling a REAL rare car. I don't think I'd take issue with claiming the car is "RARE!" if they didn't make so many "big fish" claims.

steves 05-16-2018 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Drew (Post 6222617)
I really do think these people would be much further ahead to leave all the nonsense out of the ad, and just stick to the facts. A simple explanation that it's a 92 RS with a police package to equip the car with a Z28 drivetrain and upgraded front brakes that weren't offered normally on the RS, would probably go a lot further. People don't need to lay the BS on so thick when they're selling a REAL rare car. I don't think I'd take issue with claiming the car is "RARE!" if they didn't make so many "big fish" claims.

I don't think non-third gen fans care about B4C, 1LE, or G92. They only care about IROC's and t-tops. I was sitting at the light and a shady looking valet says to me "too bad thats not an IROC."

"Rare" is okay to say as far as I'm concerned, it's all the other BS that I find interesting to read. It's entertaining.

KMK454 05-16-2018 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by steves (Post 6222634)
I don't think non-third gen fans care about B4C, 1LE, or G92. They only care about IROC's and t-tops. I was sitting at the light and a shady looking valet says to me "too bad thats not an IROC."

"Rare" is okay to say as far as I'm concerned, it's all the other BS that I find interesting to read. It's entertaining.

I tend to agree with you - even the third gen community can't figure out what a B4C is, why 1LE is significant, if the 350TPI came with a T5, etc.

When people ask, I say mine is a police package car that never saw service - a Z28 in RS clothing. And that's it...

KMK454 05-16-2018 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by steves (Post 6222543)
You have a beautiful car.

Thanks!

chazman 05-16-2018 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by KMK454 (Post 6222652)
I tend to agree with you - even the third gen community can't figure out what a B4C is, why 1LE is significant, if the 350TPI came with a T5, etc.

When people ask, I say mine is a police package car that never saw service - a Z28 in RS clothing. And that's it...

You'd be surprised at how many people think my black '89 hardtop is an RS or B4C, simply because it's a decal delete.

steves 05-16-2018 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by chazman (Post 6222655)
You'd be surprised at how many people think my black '89 hardtop is an RS or B4C, simply because it's a decal delete.

I figured that out when I was driving around with my car Saturday. People have no clue. Even when you are listening to a car ideling with a big cam.....no IROC stickers....that’s a turd. Nobody knows what a B4C is BTW. Even people that think they knew something in 1991.

chazman 05-16-2018 09:56 PM

Well.........honestly, no one has ever called my car a turd. :lol: ;)

steves 05-16-2018 10:12 PM

I haven’t heard anyone calling my car a turd either....in fact I caught people snapping pics of mine. And compared to yours.....mine is very “rough”.

chazman 05-16-2018 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by steves (Post 6222696)
I haven’t heard anyone calling my car a turd either....in fact I caught people snapping pics of mine. And compared to yours.....mine is very “rough”.

There you go! Welcome to the world of 3rd gens!:driving:

82tarecaro 05-17-2018 12:55 PM

There was a B4C like this for sale a few years ago on the boards. The guy wound up parting it out and couldn't get 3500 for it. Same color and condition IIRC. No roll bar though.

steves 05-18-2018 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by 82tarecaro (Post 6222799)
There was a B4C like this for sale a few years ago on the boards. The guy wound up parting it out and couldn't get 3500 for it. Same color and condition IIRC. No roll bar though.

This one looks like it is in better shape than mine was when I bought it. The only reason I keep working on mine is that I think my car has some significance because its a B4C. If the B4C you are talking about was in the same condition as this one I think it's a shame it was parted.

beths91camaro 05-18-2018 03:25 PM

I know more of the cop car history of this one. I was supposed to pick it up from the owner before this guy got it. He ended up needing it out or it was getting towed, and instead of calling me, he called the person who then flipped it and sold it.
I won't tell you how little he paid for it.
I was really looking forward to restoring this one...... GRRR!

mmadden55 05-18-2018 03:39 PM

Buy any coupe throw in 4 gen 98 up v8 rear 350 vortec with 4 barrel and a fat cam headers and the 4 or 5 speed tranny of your choice and it will eat a b4c.

chazman 05-18-2018 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by mmadden55 (Post 6223068)
Buy any coupe throw in 4 gen 98 up v8 rear 350 vortec with 4 barrel and a fat cam headers and the 4 or 5 speed tranny of your choice and it will eat a b4c.

What does that have to do with anything?

steves 05-19-2018 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by chazman (Post 6223081)
What does that have to do with anything?

I don’t understand either.