Interesting B4C - Third Generation F-Body Message Boards


History / Originality Got a question about 1982-1992 Camaro or Firebird history? Have a question about original parts, options, RPO codes, when something was available, or how to document your car? Those questions, answers, and much more!

Interesting B4C

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-15-2018, 01:28 PM   #1  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 209
Car: 1991 Camaro RS B4C
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: 3.42


Interesting B4C

This is rough but it looks like it has some decent documentation.



https://www.ebay.com/itm/1992-Chevro...Ra78pd&vxp=mtr
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 01:42 PM   #2  
Supreme Member
iTrader: (23)
 
Drew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: Salina, KS
Posts: 15,610


Re: Interesting B4C

I don't know why every listing for a 1LE or B4C or whatever has to be full of explanations of how RARE!!! this ONE OF A KIND automobile and COPO!!! Blah Blah Blah. RACING!!!

It's a decently equipped Z28 drivetrain in an RS body, with or without upgraded front brakes. That's it. I don't know why people have to make all these fantastic claims to try to BS a sale. It doesn't help when they equate a B4C/1LE with a 1LE w/o B4C. It's not like B4C ADDED to 1LE... Whatever. There's just a lot of BS and just plain erroneous information in that listing.
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 02:07 PM   #3  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 209
Car: 1991 Camaro RS B4C
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: 3.42


Re: Interesting B4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
I don't know why every listing for a 1LE or B4C or whatever has to be full of explanations of how RARE!!! this ONE OF A KIND automobile and COPO!!! Blah Blah Blah. RACING!!!

It's a decently equipped Z28 drivetrain in an RS body, with or without upgraded front brakes. That's it. I don't know why people have to make all these fantastic claims to try to BS a sale. It doesn't help when they equate a B4C/1LE with a 1LE w/o B4C. It's not like B4C ADDED to 1LE... Whatever. There's just a lot of BS and just plain erroneous information in that listing.


Ever since I bought a B4C I have been studying the ones for sale. All the ads sound the same and some of the misinformation amazes me (170 mph top speed?). I have come to the conclusion 95% of them are hacked up. I paid a lot less for mine than this one is going for and I think I paid too much for it.
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 10:31 PM   #4  
Supreme Member
 
KMK454's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 1,135
Car: 1991 Camaro B4C
Engine: 305
Transmission: T-5
Axle/Gears: 3.42


Re: Interesting B4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by steves View Post
Ever since I bought a B4C I have been studying the ones for sale. All the ads sound the same and some of the misinformation amazes me (170 mph top speed?). I have come to the conclusion 95% of them are hacked up. I paid a lot less for mine than this one is going for and I think I paid too much for it.
Top speed was 151 for L98, 150 for LB9 as per an MI State Police road test article that came with my B4C.
KMK454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 10:30 AM   #5  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 209
Car: 1991 Camaro RS B4C
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: 3.42


Re: Interesting B4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMK454 View Post
Top speed was 151 for L98, 150 for LB9 as per an MI State Police road test article that came with my B4C.

You have a beautiful car.
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 11:05 AM   #6  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Florida
Posts: 413
Car: 1991 Z28
Engine: 305
Transmission: auto

Re: Interesting B4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
I don't know why every listing for a 1LE or B4C or whatever has to be full of explanations of how RARE!!! this ONE OF A KIND automobile and COPO!!! Blah Blah Blah. RACING!!!

It's a decently equipped Z28 drivetrain in an RS body, with or without upgraded front brakes. That's it. I don't know why people have to make all these fantastic claims to try to BS a sale. It doesn't help when they equate a B4C/1LE with a 1LE w/o B4C. It's not like B4C ADDED to 1LE... Whatever. There's just a lot of BS and just plain erroneous information in that listing.


And why are all these listings loaded with such crappy photos? No engine pics and what's up with that 1/2 front tire shot? Gess, you would think for such a rare care there would be More Care taken in the presentation.
vinny R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 01:26 PM   #7  
Supreme Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,774
Car: '02 T/A WS6, '91 T/A, '91 Camaro RS
Engine: LS1, LB9, L03
Transmission: T56, 700R4, 700R4
Axle/Gears: 4.10 10 bolt, 2.73 10 bolts


Re: Interesting B4C

According to the listing, it's also equipped with super rare anti-lock brakes, and a passenger's airbag. Man, this guy really knows his stuff!
navy02ws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 02:05 PM   #8  
Supreme Member
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Posts: 2,244
Car: 92 Firebird
Engine: 4.8 LR4
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 3.45 9 Bolt


Re: Interesting B4C

This car is rare!

I like the RS GFX

This car is a rare COPO

I dont like the tall Z28 spoiler, I prefer the more tame short one

This car is rare

Blah blah blah

Did I mention this car is as close to COPO as you can get for 1992?

This car is rare

I like the padded roll bar

This car is rare.
scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 05:08 PM   #9  
Supreme Member
iTrader: (23)
 
Drew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: Salina, KS
Posts: 15,610


Re: Interesting B4C

I really do think these people would be much further ahead to leave all the nonsense out of the ad, and just stick to the facts. A simple explanation that it's a 92 RS with a police package to equip the car with a Z28 drivetrain and upgraded front brakes that weren't offered normally on the RS, would probably go a lot further. People don't need to lay the BS on so thick when they're selling a REAL rare car. I don't think I'd take issue with claiming the car is "RARE!" if they didn't make so many "big fish" claims.
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 06:01 PM   #10  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 209
Car: 1991 Camaro RS B4C
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: 3.42


Re: Interesting B4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
I really do think these people would be much further ahead to leave all the nonsense out of the ad, and just stick to the facts. A simple explanation that it's a 92 RS with a police package to equip the car with a Z28 drivetrain and upgraded front brakes that weren't offered normally on the RS, would probably go a lot further. People don't need to lay the BS on so thick when they're selling a REAL rare car. I don't think I'd take issue with claiming the car is "RARE!" if they didn't make so many "big fish" claims.

I don't think non-third gen fans care about B4C, 1LE, or G92. They only care about IROC's and t-tops. I was sitting at the light and a shady looking valet says to me "too bad thats not an IROC."

"Rare" is okay to say as far as I'm concerned, it's all the other BS that I find interesting to read. It's entertaining.
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 07:43 PM   #11  
Supreme Member
 
KMK454's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 1,135
Car: 1991 Camaro B4C
Engine: 305
Transmission: T-5
Axle/Gears: 3.42


Re: Interesting B4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by steves View Post
I don't think non-third gen fans care about B4C, 1LE, or G92. They only care about IROC's and t-tops. I was sitting at the light and a shady looking valet says to me "too bad thats not an IROC."

"Rare" is okay to say as far as I'm concerned, it's all the other BS that I find interesting to read. It's entertaining.
I tend to agree with you - even the third gen community can't figure out what a B4C is, why 1LE is significant, if the 350TPI came with a T5, etc.

When people ask, I say mine is a police package car that never saw service - a Z28 in RS clothing. And that's it...
KMK454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 07:43 PM   #12  
Supreme Member
 
KMK454's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 1,135
Car: 1991 Camaro B4C
Engine: 305
Transmission: T-5
Axle/Gears: 3.42


Re: Interesting B4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by steves View Post
You have a beautiful car.
Thanks!
KMK454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 07:53 PM   #13  
Supreme Member
iTrader: (3)
 
chazman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 6,296
Car: 1989 IROC-Z. Original owner
Engine: LB9. Dual Cats. Big Cam
Transmission: World Class T-5
Axle/Gears: BW 3.45


Re: Interesting B4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMK454 View Post
I tend to agree with you - even the third gen community can't figure out what a B4C is, why 1LE is significant, if the 350TPI came with a T5, etc.

When people ask, I say mine is a police package car that never saw service - a Z28 in RS clothing. And that's it...
You'd be surprised at how many people think my black '89 hardtop is an RS or B4C, simply because it's a decal delete.
chazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 09:38 PM   #14  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 209
Car: 1991 Camaro RS B4C
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: 3.42


Re: Interesting B4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazman View Post
You'd be surprised at how many people think my black '89 hardtop is an RS or B4C, simply because it's a decal delete.
I figured that out when I was driving around with my car Saturday. People have no clue. Even when you are listening to a car ideling with a big cam.....no IROC stickers....that’s a turd. Nobody knows what a B4C is BTW. Even people that think they knew something in 1991.
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 09:56 PM   #15  
Supreme Member
iTrader: (3)
 
chazman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 6,296
Car: 1989 IROC-Z. Original owner
Engine: LB9. Dual Cats. Big Cam
Transmission: World Class T-5
Axle/Gears: BW 3.45


Re: Interesting B4C

Well.........honestly, no one has ever called my car a turd.
chazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 10:12 PM   #16  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 209
Car: 1991 Camaro RS B4C
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: 3.42


Re: Interesting B4C

I haven’t heard anyone calling my car a turd either....in fact I caught people snapping pics of mine. And compared to yours.....mine is very “rough”.
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 11:03 PM   #17  
Supreme Member
iTrader: (3)
 
chazman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 6,296
Car: 1989 IROC-Z. Original owner
Engine: LB9. Dual Cats. Big Cam
Transmission: World Class T-5
Axle/Gears: BW 3.45


Re: Interesting B4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by steves View Post
I haven’t heard anyone calling my car a turd either....in fact I caught people snapping pics of mine. And compared to yours.....mine is very “rough”.
There you go! Welcome to the world of 3rd gens!
chazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 12:55 PM   #18  
Supreme Member
iTrader: (4)
 
82tarecaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,594
Car: 1982 Recaro TA, 1989 TTA#948


Re: Interesting B4C

There was a B4C like this for sale a few years ago on the boards. The guy wound up parting it out and couldn't get 3500 for it. Same color and condition IIRC. No roll bar though.
82tarecaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 10:13 AM   #19  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 209
Car: 1991 Camaro RS B4C
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: 3.42


Re: Interesting B4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82tarecaro View Post
There was a B4C like this for sale a few years ago on the boards. The guy wound up parting it out and couldn't get 3500 for it. Same color and condition IIRC. No roll bar though.


This one looks like it is in better shape than mine was when I bought it. The only reason I keep working on mine is that I think my car has some significance because its a B4C. If the B4C you are talking about was in the same condition as this one I think it's a shame it was parted.
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 03:25 PM   #20  
Member
iTrader: (26)
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Gunnison Co
Posts: 199
Car: 87 Iroc vert, t-top
Engine: 305
Transmission: 700R4

Re: Interesting B4C

I know more of the cop car history of this one. I was supposed to pick it up from the owner before this guy got it. He ended up needing it out or it was getting towed, and instead of calling me, he called the person who then flipped it and sold it.
I won't tell you how little he paid for it.
I was really looking forward to restoring this one...... GRRR!
beths91camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 03:39 PM   #21  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Houson
Posts: 954
Car: 86 Firebird
Engine: 305 SBC
Transmission: 700 R4 TCI
Axle/Gears: 3.42

Re: Interesting B4C

Buy any coupe throw in 4 gen 98 up v8 rear 350 vortec with 4 barrel and a fat cam headers and the 4 or 5 speed tranny of your choice and it will eat a b4c.
mmadden55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 04:22 PM   #22  
Supreme Member
iTrader: (3)
 
chazman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 6,296
Car: 1989 IROC-Z. Original owner
Engine: LB9. Dual Cats. Big Cam
Transmission: World Class T-5
Axle/Gears: BW 3.45


Re: Interesting B4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmadden55 View Post
Buy any coupe throw in 4 gen 98 up v8 rear 350 vortec with 4 barrel and a fat cam headers and the 4 or 5 speed tranny of your choice and it will eat a b4c.

What does that have to do with anything?

Last edited by chazman; 05-18-2018 at 06:45 PM.
chazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 09:59 AM   #23  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 209
Car: 1991 Camaro RS B4C
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: 3.42


Re: Interesting B4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazman View Post
What does that have to do with anything?

I don’t understand either.
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Interesting B4C Lmancha96 Auto Detailing and Appearance 19 11-14-2012 04:27 PM
Which one to build? 92 B4C/1LE or 91 B4C? BLACK92B4C History / Originality 8 10-02-2007 01:55 PM
Read something interesting on edelbrock tonight>>> Jester Carburetors 7 12-11-2001 06:37 PM
Interesting Possiblity... Azure Car Audio 7 12-03-2001 08:47 PM
Interesting cylinder head info R.O.B. Aftermarket Product Review 0 11-17-2000 08:46 AM


Go Back   Third Generation F-Body Message Boards >

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

1982 Camaro '82 || 1983 Camaro '83 || 1984 Camaro '84 || 1985 Camaro '85 || 1986 Camaro '86 || 1987 Camaro '87 || 1988 Camaro '88 || 1989 Camaro '89 || 1990 Camaro '90 || 1991 Camaro '91 || 1992 Camaro '92


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:24 AM.


All content copyright © 1997 - 2018 ThirdGen.org. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced without the expressed, documented, and written consent of ThirdGen.org's Administrators.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: