Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Interior (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/interior/)
-   -   No doubt a pointless thread, but what's the weirdest thing youv'e found in your car? (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/interior/521951-no-doubt-pointless-thread.html)

speedfreak180 11-20-2010 01:42 AM

Re: No doubt a pointless thread, but what's the weirdest thing youv'e found in your c

inside my 83 i found a note from the previos owner that he wrote to his mother about turning himself in to the police and that he loved her and sorry for being a terrible son and on and on. but to the other stories i used to work at a dealership a back in 2000 lady brought her 30th anniversary TA in for some work. and i **** you not she had a years worth of bugers wiped on the side of the drivers seat. on the white leather. if it would have been a guy i would have punched him for doing that to that car.

88TransAmGuy 11-20-2010 02:08 AM

Re: No doubt a pointless thread, but what's the weirdest thing youv'e found in your c

I found a Motley crue CD,some Y pipe bolts, original Gm tire inflate fixer (says 1988)
And recently i found a toothbrush and a receipt from the first oil change back in 1989

383RAT 11-20-2010 03:17 AM

I found a Klein brand wire cutters between the wiring harness and brake booster. Thats not too weird but, I drove the car for 6 months like that. I'm surprised it didn't fall out. I never noticed it until I pulled the motor.

dead sailor 11-20-2010 10:03 AM

i found a nice, working ipod touch under the passenger seat of my dodge ram from the previous owner. I was stoked because my ipod broke like a month before this.

bsn1989 11-20-2010 10:05 AM

Found an extra headlight, some 10 year old license plates, 3 horns and some interior lights. Guess it is not that weird, but I am waiting forward to pulling my carpet and finding what is under it.

383 Power 11-20-2010 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Shadow Z (Post 4738909)

Mustangs and Camaros don't "Bond". It may be true that the Camaro Owes it's exsistance to the Mustang, but that doesn't mean that they're on the same level. While i'm sure you're proud of your Mustang, I would take the Camaro any day. Anyone can own a Mustang, but there's a Special kind of something in a Camaro owner. Of course, i would be willing to forgive you if you had bought the Mustang simply to turn a profit. That's usually what happens to Mustangs.

Oh, Damn, I Flamed.......... Sorry. I couldn't help myself. I'm Passionate. I will say that it does look like that's a nice Camaro though.

Shadow Z 11-20-2010 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by 383 Power (Post 4740208)
Mustangs and Camaros don't "Bond". It may be true that the Camaro Owes it's exsistance to the Mustang, but that doesn't mean that they're on the same level. While i'm sure you're proud of your Mustang, I would take the Camaro any day. Anyone can own a Mustang, but there's a Special kind of something in a Camaro owner. Of course, i would be willing to forgive you if you had bought the Mustang simply to turn a profit. That's usually what happens to Mustangs.

Oh, Damn, I Flamed.......... Sorry. I couldn't help myself. I'm Passionate. I will say that it does look like that's a nice Camaro though.

Get real dude.. Seriously.

When I bought my IROC in 2008, it was a mid 80's car with a barely running rebuilt carbed 350, the interior was shot, every inch was practically a stain, the cruise control didn't work, the radio didn't work, the air conditioning or heat didn't work. I LOVE the thing, but it was a real POS.

What it boils down to with me, is that the Camaro is the better platform for racing. Lower coefficient of drag, you can get them to be lighter, Chevy small and big blocks are easier to come by, and cheaper to build.

However, with the Mustang, it has the Mach 460 sound system option, leather seats, a modern 5 speed (TR-3650), the 2V 4.6 sounds a LOT better than any 305 or 350, it has the reliability of a SOHC 4.6 liter that'll run close to 200,000 miles without a rebuilt, they look a LOT better.

As far as I'm concerned, Camaros just don't compare when you're looking for a street car. Camaros will probably always be cheaper to build, and faster, but take one ride in a Mustang and you'll see what I mean. They aren't expensive, but just the sound, the feel, the leather interior, gives you the sense that you're in a pricey, high quality car.

Flame away all you want, and be a little brat that complains over brands, but I love both. I even like Dodge trucks. I give credit where it's due, not just stick with something because of a name.

Shadow Z 11-20-2010 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by 383 Power (Post 4740208)
It may be true that the Camaro Owes it's exsistance to the Mustang

You summed it all up right there, also. The Mustang was, and IS the original pony car. While you or many other members might not like them, it'd be smart to respect them. Without them, none of us would be on here right now.

Mustang production = 1964-

F body production = 1967-2002?! What happened?! The people chose the Mustang!

Look, I don't want to argue over the two, but believe it or not, a lot of the members on here like Mustangs too. I have pretty big plans for the IROC whenever I want to put the cash into it. I'd like to stick in a forged 383 setup, and start out with a single turbo, and just see how far a stock block, 700R4, and rear will go. That doesn't take away from the fact that the Mustang is the superior street car, though. You just can't beat them in a daily driving sense, if you don't want to sacrifice V8 power.

Heh, imagine how much I'll get flamed in a few more months, when I buy a 2004-2006 Yamaha R1. Oh no! A Japanese bike! I should be a true patriot, and buy a noisy, unreliable, slow Harley.

BTW, what's your daily driver?

collin2201 11-20-2010 05:30 PM

Why can't we just learn to love them both? I own a 68 Mustang and a 91 GTA and love em' both. I couldn't choose between them.
Being a fanboy to any one brand is just ignorant.

383 Power 11-20-2010 05:40 PM

Well, I didn't expect you to be so Defensive. The LAST thing i really wanted to do was get you THAT upset. Was just a little Innocent Ribbing............ Besides, my Daily Driver is a *Choke, Cough* PT Cruiser. As far as reliability, it's a sure winner. I've moved my ENTIRE household in it. That's including the Furniture, But it's no Camaro. It's got a 4 Banger and it WILL spin the tires (A Bit), but i'm not 16 anymore. The Camaro just isn't practical for daily use and it's not really ready yet either. The car was ROUGH when i bought it for $900. I've never owned a Mustang, but sports-cars aren't about luxury. Besides, The Camaro kept Ford from scrapping the Mustang at one point. Remember the Mid 70s Mustangs? That was a rough time for the Mustang. Mustangs and Camaros are symbiotic. They NEED each other. It's always been that way.

cIaRmOaCrZo 11-20-2010 05:42 PM

damn take it easy on "383power", nothing he said was all that affensive. he even complimented the car that realy MATTERS on THIS website! yeah some people like mustangs, thats fine. but eveyone on "here" likes camaros. so who cares if a mustang gets dogged on, im sure people on the stang forums say the same about the guys on there who have camaros.

ok to REALY sum it all up....some "thirdgen" lovers are just that much more hardcore about it than others. PERIOD. and im one of them (as well as thousands on here) and before you even ask me, my fast car, my show car, and my beaterS/DD are ALLLLLL 3rdgens. some of us like them more than others. yeah i coulda baught some honda to putts around in the winter and save gas, but no! i just baught rough 3rdgen with a v6 for that.:chevy:

and no, a 3rd gen isnt my dream car by any means. my dream car isnt even a camaro OR a chevy. the 3rdgen just grew on me and i can get my jollys from them, it just became an obsession.:burnout:

Shadow Z 11-20-2010 08:18 PM

I'm not getting defensive. There's a huge difference between being defensive, and stating the facts. Ever since I was a kid, I've loved both. I remember in my early teens, dreaming over the occasional 69 Fastback Mustang that'd pop up on ebay motors, and eventually I got into Camaros, bought one, now I returned to my dream of a Mustang.

Exactly as Collin said, being a fanboy to one brand is ignorant. I love a LOT of cars, and throughout my life I'll own many, many more, from many different brands. My most recent purchase was going to be between two cars, an E46 BMW 3 series, or a 2001-2004 Mustang GT. I chose the Mustang now, but when it gets higher in mileage, I'll try to score myself a lower mileage BMW 3 series, retire the Mustang to a weekend car, and just keep it.

After that, who knows, Honda S2000's and Nissan 350Z's are coming down in price. I'll just need a warehouse, since I'm not selling the Camaro or Mustang. I've held on to the IROC for over 2 years already, so that's going to be a keeper for sure.

In all honesty, if you don't like seeing my garage, with a Camaro parked next to it's rival, a Mustang, then just don't comment on it. I just know from being around, that a few members on here appreciate 'Stangs too. So, I figured I'd share it, while staying on the topic of thirdgens, by showing them both! No hard feelings, but try to be a little more open-minded in the future. It's all in good fun, they're both two of the most dominant pony car/muscle cars made, since Chryslers practically phased out of that area in the 70's, and AMC was never even that big before they went defunct.

383 Power 11-20-2010 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by 383 Power (Post 4740474)
Was just a little Innocent Ribbing............

Look, I tried to bury the hatchet. I'm sorry I picked on your Mustang. What EXACTLY is it that you want me to do or say NOW?

collin2201 11-20-2010 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by 383 Power (Post 4740712)
Look, I tried to bury the hatchet. I'm sorry I picked on your Mustang. What EXACTLY is it that you want me to do or say NOW?

How about nothing?

Shadow Z 11-20-2010 10:25 PM

Nothing it all, I'm just making it known that me, and probably a lot more members on here don't just stick to one brand. Also, to let you know that practically everything you blurted out was very ignorant.

"Anyone can own a Mustang, but there's a Special kind of something in a Camaro owner. Of course, i would be willing to forgive you if you had bought the Mustang simply to turn a profit. That's usually what happens to Mustangs."

Is that why dozens of companies developed forged 4.6 assemblies, 5.0 stroker setups, supercharger packages, turbo kits, heads, drivetrain parts, dozens of engine bolt-ons, tons of exhaust setups, etc etc? Because people just buy/sell Mustangs to profit..? What do people do with 305 cars then? Leave them stock, since there's almost no aftermarket following for the 305? Practically the only people who set out to buy a 305 are older folks who were around when it was their hay day, for the nostalgia effect, or kids who can't afford much more.

I mean, for the Mustang, there's Vortech, procharger kits, Hellion, On 3 Performance single turbos, Kenne Bell, Paxton, etc. It's because they're more of a desireable car, and people are more willing to dump $$$ into them, or else they would not have that following. I'd hate to keep dragging this out, I just like to get my point through, it was just uncalled for.

I have all the respect in the world for, and love my third gen, but the Mustang has 70+ Horsepower over most 305's, 60+ more LB-FT of torque, with .4 liters less displacement. Then again, I'm not a 305 guy, I have an early (79-85) 350 2 piece RMS block.

Plus, ask any girl which car they'd rather ride in........ Apology accepted, BTW. :)

Shadow Z 11-20-2010 10:30 PM

Also, Collin, don't take my mentionings of the 305 to heart, just trying to make a point here. I appreciate that you're an open-minded person.

383 Power 11-20-2010 10:49 PM

Fine, You win, I had no right to say negative things about your mustang and you've proven that you're the bigger man, that you wouldn't stoop to my level and insult me in return. It's good to see that this isn't turning into a long drawn out argument.

You know, When someone apologizes, you generally don't continue the assault and then say apology accepted, and then try to make an example out that person. You either accept it, or you don't.

I usually try to be diplomatic. I've tried to end this more than once, and i didn't do it by making further attacks. I'm sure everyone gets your point of view. I didn't realize that you were so Sensitive. This thread isn't for bashing each other. I'm going to ask you to please refrain. I don't want or need you to accept my Apology anymore. I don't care if i'm right or not. I'm sure that everyone else reading this thread didn't come here to watch us bicker. If you feel you've made your Point, let's move on............... If you want to continue.......... Feel free. I wash my hands of this.

383 Power 11-20-2010 10:57 PM

My First car was a 1964 Beetle. The floors were rotted out, but someone used a Stop Sign for driver's side floor board. Poetic Justice?

murukalo 12-09-2010 01:53 PM

First off, your debating on a mustang thats almost 20 years newer then that camaro, dont get me wrong i love both, but level the playing field New vs New and Old vs Old. For any truck older than 95 id take an F150 any day they are just superior in my eyes

Shadow Z 12-09-2010 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by murukalo (Post 4756790)
First off, your debating on a mustang thats almost 20 years newer then that camaro, dont get me wrong i love both, but level the playing field New vs New and Old vs Old. For any truck older than 95 id take an F150 any day they are just superior in my eyes

You've got a good point, but honestly, just drop it. I mean, I'm really sorry that another owner of a 18-28 year old F body couldn't handle the fact that 99-04 Mustangs are just nicer, sound better, and perform better than nearly any stock third gen out there.

In the same respect, I HATE fox body Mustangs with a passion. They are ugly as sin, the only thing they have going for them is the legendary reliability of the 5.0. When it comes to the third generation of both vehicles, the Camaro and Firebird are clear winners.

It's simply pathetic to be a fanboy to one brand. I mean, I could have bought an LS1 Camaro. However, the front end of them looks like a fish. I wanted a nice looking, nice sounding street car, that still got decent gas mileage, with a little bit of power to it. Came with 260 horses stock, I've got 3.73 gears, a BBK cold air intake, Flowmaster 40 series catback, and I'm ordering an SCT Livewire tuner later today actually, with custom 87 and 93 octane tunes. If Bama tuning gets it right, I should be able to put down a little over 240 RWHP, close to 300 at the crank.

Think about it. I'm not here mentioning an import, I own two American muscle cars that have been around since the 60's. I have my '86 IROC which is running a first generation 350 small block, and the '01 GT. My next addition to the collection is probably going to be a 1998-2002 Ram 2500 with the 24V Cummins diesel. Then I'd own products from all three of the big three. It's nice to have a variety, what's so hard to respect about that, if I'm staying American?

I like a few imports too. The Nissan 350 and 370 are pretty nice, and have decent power, I can respect the Honda S2000 since they actually put a proper drivetrain in it, RWD. BMW's are nice IMO. But, I wouldn't come here talking about them. Pretty much the ONLY reason why someone would be only a diehard third gen fan, and boo everything else, is because they cannot afford anything else. I love my IROC, but there are certainly better cars out there.

Shadow Z 12-09-2010 03:24 PM

Oh, just to keep this on track, I found some more change in the IROC. It's paying for it's self, one penny, nickel, dime, quarter, etc, at a time. :burnout:

ms87iroc 12-09-2010 04:10 PM

I found one of the previous owners paychecks, still sealed in the envelope, to bad he had direct deposit. lol

Carpaholic 12-09-2010 05:01 PM

I found nothing interesting whatsoever in my Camaro :(

89RS_82Z 12-09-2010 05:52 PM

this thred WILL NOT DIE, but i still love it, keep the posts coming :driving:

jlovin5 12-10-2010 03:18 AM

My friend bought a 91z28.. the previous owner switched it from a 305 fuel injected to a supposedly 383 that had a carb. They kinked a fuel line and sprayed house foam insulation over it and painted it black. The motor blew 2 weeks of owning it and pulling it out found more insulation where the dipstick meets the block. and a shop towel around the transmission pan.. :idiot:

383RAT 12-11-2010 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by 383 Power (Post 4740750)
My First car was a 1964 Beetle. The floors were rotted out, but someone used a Stop Sign for driver's side floor board. Poetic Justice?

:lol: I know someone that did that for his Ram Charger. I asked him why and he said, "Have you ever seen a rusty stop sign?" I haven't yet.

DeCaff2007 12-12-2010 01:28 PM

LOL I'm loving this thread! I just got my 91 Firebird a few weeks ago. I haven't had a chance as to so much pop the trunk (which, is held down with a ratchet strap....) I did vacuum out the interior, though. I found an a$$ load of change in what's left of the center console. It's covered in what I assume to be old, sticky soda. I've already pulled the center console out and nothing was there... at all. The radio is non existent so I can see right through, to down behind it. Nothing there.

The only thing I found while vacuuming was a crap load of pink feathers :confused:, a few melted crayons, and a circular black stain on the back seat.

Originally Posted by 383RAT (Post 4758521)
:lol: I know someone that did that for his Ram Charger. I asked him why and he said, "Have you ever seen a rusty stop sign?" I haven't yet.

LMFAO!! I need to do that for my 76 Trans Am!

rivershark2005 12-13-2010 09:39 PM

:totopic:

I found a sawed off double barrel 12ga shotgun under the seat of a work truck one time. Still have that thing somewhere.

I have found so much weed in work trucks, it isn't funny. I could probably have been a dealer out of the '02 F-350.

As far as in the Camaro, nothing. I haven't taken possession of it yet. But I get the feeling there will be crumpled up Maverick packs, a few Newport packs, and probably some weed. Mavericks will by father-in-law's, Newports will be wife's, and weed will belong to the guy I'm buying it back from. Just foreshadowing.

mantaguy 12-22-2010 01:24 PM

Hey tchernchog,did you ever find out what that spring was from?
well it's a spring from your seats,take off the seat adjustment cover
on the side and you'll see it.

wiweeds 12-26-2010 12:52 AM

I found some hot wire for an amp (straight to the battery) shoved under the backseat. The remote wire led me to a nice pair of polk speakers I didn't know I had.:nod:

68Strat 12-31-2010 01:07 PM

So the cigarette lighter had shorted to itself blowing the accessory fuse causing some the interior lights door locks and other stuff not to work. The previous owner (I guess a heavy smoker) couldn't figure it out for the life of him. His fix was to duct tape a Bic flick lighter to a bungee cord and screw the other end into the center console so he wouldn't lose it.

unobetr 12-31-2010 01:56 PM

i found a pack of new ports a half eaten burreto and a pait of pants

ramoyer1 01-01-2011 04:49 AM

first off i own a 2001 mustang and a 87 camaro.I love them both owned the stang longer but drive the camaro more lol.Just cause every cop in town knows the mustang so i have to w8 for the heat to drop off it.

Now for the random stuff.
Mustang-box of condoms
camaro-book of cds,sun glasses,female things,random change and camaro maunal (haynes),dizzy and valve covers(extra).
Jeep-half a sbc motor in back lmao
old 67 mustang-Litter of kittens alive.i still have them too its been 2 years

6SIX6 01-01-2011 12:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just got A 92 25TH ANNI car and it had these crazy cup holders attacthed to the seats. Also so far have found a ton of change and a lime green womens lace thong under the back seat.

Attachment 401227

KITT1983 01-01-2011 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by 6SIX6 (Post 4774553)
Just got A 92 25TH ANNI car and it had these crazy cup holders attacthed to the seats. Also so far have found a ton of change and a lime green womens lace thong under the back seat.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...2011/001-5.jpg

atleast you have cup holders :D:waveman:

copyfixr 01-01-2011 07:04 PM

Hey Six at least you found something good under the seat. All I found was broken glass At some point the hatch glass was broken. Lazy SOB didn't clean much. Pulled the rear seat bottoms out to clean and found piles of broken glass. To top it off they put the wrong glass on. I have a 3rd break light on the hatch and a 4th, I guess on the spoiler. A green thing sounds way better!

unobetr 01-01-2011 07:07 PM

after reading all the posts i realized they are druggies cars. my old 87 firebird had crack pips in it and weed and all sorts of crap my buddys camaro 86 iroc had 32 in change and weed and my cusins 90 rs has a joint in the horn

The_Phoenix 01-03-2011 03:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I found and still have this black metal.... I don't what the hell it is :huh: when I bought my car. It was exactly in the location pictured and seems to belong somewhere on my car but haven't found where yet (or if it even belongs to my car). Anyone know what it is?

molnarzack 01-06-2011 02:58 PM

my t tops leaked so my rear seats after i took them out had a puddle of water in both the seats

Primetime91 01-06-2011 03:12 PM

I found no less than 4 extra keys to the door locks scattered throughout the car when I bought it (And yes they all worked!) Three of them in the engine bay, under the AC box... Poor guy kept dropping and losing them :lol:

molnarzack 01-06-2011 03:14 PM

it truely is.

Blue1990camaro 01-06-2011 04:10 PM

in my 1990 RS i found a condom under the rear seat.. UNOPENED THANK GOD, lol no i didnt use it lol,

in th 85 iroc i found one dice, lots and lots and lots of glass, a purple pen, um, under the pass seat found what apears to b half a thong lol, um remnants of rolling paper beteween the rear seat and drive shaft tunnel, a money clip with an angel on that that read "never drive faster then ur guardian angel can fly" which i leave in the car still, um part of a broken antena, door handles, a ford emblem wtf? a shoe lace, what i think is the claspe from a girls necklace, and an old french fry,

85 iroc z = goldmind jk jk

jake92 01-09-2011 01:31 AM

well i found a center console full of rusy razor blades. an ash tray full of straw rappers and ciggarette buts, tint flakes fill the rear hatch, a radiator fan to anything but a 92 bird im sure, hot wire to the radiato fan the hangs above my feet, a mc donalds receipt from 05 and its hard to tell what else ill find when i re do my inteior. since im more focused on getting it running for now. oh and in a ol' porsche my friend bought hefound a ipod touch and asked the owner and he hadnt a clue and told him to keep it

transamws6 01-09-2011 01:53 AM

I FOUND A DIME FROM 1921 AND I STILL HAVE IT.....

The_Phoenix 01-09-2011 02:50 AM

So uhhhh anyone have a clue what this thing is in my previous post above? ^

jake92 01-09-2011 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by The_Phoenix (Post 4782263)
So uhhhh anyone have a clue what this thing is in my previous post above? ^

i sure dont. looks like some nonsense id find in mine.. well after seeing my previous owners back yard...

The_Phoenix 01-09-2011 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by jake92 (Post 4782267)
i sure dont. looks like some nonsense id find in mine.. well after seeing my previous owners back yard...

Lol! Yeah it probably doesn't belong on my car then. Nothing I would recognize so I asked the previous owner where it belonged and all he told me was "it belongs on the bottom dash on the passenger's side" :huh:. I'll just throw it away I guess.

Kevman 01-09-2011 05:36 AM

My 86 Plymouth 318 was running rough, so I was adjusting the idle up (Carter 2 bbl) I noticed that the exhaust vent to the air cleaner was partially blocking the air intake about 3/4 of the way, so I stuck a long screw driver through.. One of those cheap stubby screw drivers was lodged in my air breather blocking 70% of the air coming in.. Ran great since.

Berlinetta_Guy 01-12-2011 12:31 PM

Me and my brother were at the junk yard looking for a window knob. he leans into a car and says "what the hell is this" then grabed this orange thing and pulled it out. turns out it was a really old strap on. it took him a minute to figure out what it was but when he did it was hilarious.

Red 87 GTA 01-12-2011 12:55 PM

a brick of coke stuffed in behind the front bumper and yes i turned it in