Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Interior (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/interior/)
-   -   No doubt a pointless thread, but what's the weirdest thing youv'e found in your car? (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/interior/521951-no-doubt-pointless-thread.html)

articwhiteZ 11-29-2009 06:22 PM

Re: No doubt a pointless thread, but what's the weirdest thing youv'e found in your c

lets start seeing PHOTOS!! of this stuff!!:lmao:

THEBEAST84 11-29-2009 06:30 PM

Re: No doubt a pointless thread, but what's the weirdest thing youv'e found in your c

2 Attachment(s)
today i was changin out my heater core and a found a unsed fishing lure i waz jammed between the dash and the heater core cover !

pics

Attachment 422684

Attachment 422685

i know i know well maybe i dont wanna know !

blacksunshine'91 11-29-2009 11:18 PM

I have had the entire interior out of my car and didn't find anything of interest anywhere. Not even a lost coin. The only thing I ever found was during my engine swap, there was a an old Craftsman combo wrench just laying on the K-member.

articwhiteZ 11-30-2009 03:41 AM

put all this stuff together we could have a yard sale:lmao:

mtflyboy 12-02-2009 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by 85 Z28 (Post 4327592)
ln my 85 vette i found a new wireing harness a bunch of detailing supplies 3 head units and a live turtle the old owner lived next to a canal

a live turtle? ahah thats awesome

85 ZXX 12-05-2009 02:35 AM

Found a SH*TLOAD of ants munching away underneath the carpet in the front. The leaky T-Tops gave them a fresh water supply on a regular basis. It took about a month to get completely rid of them little SH*T'S. (The Z28 was out of service for a year). They were even in the ground FX's.

madmax87 12-05-2009 10:20 AM

1/2 box of un-used condoms (thank God un-used) under back seat, 1/2 joint under console, pack of ZigZags under rear seat, firecrackers, $4.00 in quarters. All in same car. Must of been a fun car in its time!

DacMan 12-18-2009 02:08 PM

I found a black pre-lubricated condom, un-used. Ohh and a granite slab for snorting the old bottle that once had cocain in it.

vangogh4560 12-18-2009 05:57 PM

well it was not in a car but in a engine i was living in MI seen a add in the paper rebuilt 400 for sale was thinking yah that be nice in my 81 Malibu. i gave the guy a call drove over to look at the engine and got it for 200$. as i was driving out of his drive he ran up and told me he was smoking crack the night he was putting this thing together. i was like OK its time to get out of this driveway i got home and started to pull it a part and i got to the crank and i about fell to the ground 3 of the main bearings had been replace with a piece of leather belt

DacMan 12-18-2009 06:31 PM

That's pretty funny. Good thing you took it apart to look at the internals before trying to run it. lol.

blue89 12-18-2009 06:33 PM

The spring is from a 70's model corvette window regulator. I have replaced one on my friends 78 corvette . And in my 88 iroc i found 100 dollars , cig butts , acorns in the air box , and old motorola flip phone in with the spare tire . My 89 was pretty well maintained , except an old playboy mag under the rear seat .

Chevy8588 12-18-2009 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by vangogh4560 (Post 4375662)
well it was not in a car but in a engine i was living in MI seen a add in the paper rebuilt 400 for sale was thinking yah that be nice in my 81 Malibu. i gave the guy a call drove over to look at the engine and got it for 200$. as i was driving out of his drive he ran up and told me he was smoking crack the night he was putting this thing together. i was like OK its time to get out of this driveway i got home and started to pull it a part and i got to the crank and i about fell to the ground 3 of the main bearings had been replace with a piece of leather belt

That is quite possibly the funniest thing i have ever read... :lol::lol::lol:

vangogh4560 12-19-2009 12:27 PM

yah dam crack heads lol

morrow 12-20-2009 12:10 AM

i found a paint brush, lots of dog hair , and a scooby snack lol

im getting new carpettttttt !!!!!!!

articwhiteZ 12-20-2009 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by morrow (Post 4376741)
a scooby snack lol

LOL USED OR UNUSED :D

Twin_Turbo 12-20-2009 06:17 AM

Found a mummified frog under the ground effects on the rear quarter, thought it was a stone at first until I examined it a little closer

articwhiteZ 12-20-2009 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Twin_Turbo (Post 4376821)
Found a mummified frog under the ground effects on the rear quarter, thought it was a stone at first until I examined it a little closer

THATS 2 FROGS in the 3rd gens

Shadow Z 12-20-2009 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by articwhiteZ (Post 4376902)
THATS 2 FROGS in the 3rd gens

Frogs are attracted to Camaros, they both leap. Frogs leap into ponds, and Camaros leap in front of Mustangs.

MärkJ 12-20-2009 03:52 PM

Found pantyhose stuffed down the back of one of the rear seats. I dread to think how long they'd been down there. :lol:

gunner53227 12-22-2009 08:00 PM

Found an old jockstrap behind a rear interior panel on the driver's side.

Chevy8588 12-23-2009 11:37 PM

.....i'd rather find the pantyhose than a jock strap

rjmcgee 12-24-2009 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by Chevy8588 (Post 4380386)
.....i'd rather find the pantyhose than a jock strap

Unless both belonged to the same person.:huh:

JackRs 12-24-2009 07:39 PM

I've been fixing up my 1991 Rs. I found a thousand candy wrappers, and then when my tail light went out i removed one of the rear panels in the hatch and someone had built a lock and key stash box into my camaro. You cant even tell unless you take the rear panel off. But the box is huge. Wonder what it was used for? :)

Frank D 12-25-2009 02:48 PM

Getting rid of the joint....?

91banditt2 12-26-2009 09:31 PM

Cat scat :gocrazy: my wife and daughter are lucky the cat didn't come up missing :thumbsup:

Shadow Z 12-27-2009 03:17 PM

Well, it's not IN, but I saw this little critter on my tire earlier today, and decided to snap a picture.

Animals really seem to like Third Gens, huh? :lol:

Turtles, frogs, ants, caterpillars. I remember somewhere on this thread, some guy also found some kind of a rodent in his engine bay, I believe is was a badger or something of that sort? I don't remember at this moment, and don't feel like searching.

http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/v...Picture017.jpg

The red and black on that caterpillar makes me want to get a red IROC door logo, along with red Z28 badges, once I paint the car black. They really have some wicked hair do's.

Check these guys out, it's rather funny.

http://insects.tamu.edu/images/anima...teral_m_01.jpg

http://images.flowers.vg/1024x768/caterpillar-gold.jpg

TheFab 01-15-2010 07:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I actually found an autograph of David Hasselhoff inside my driver's side door when I was swapping the side mirrors... I don't know how long it was in there or if it's actually signed by David Hasselhoff but really, I laughed so hard. :lol:

Kinda suits the car, though. ;)

KITT1983 01-15-2010 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by TheFab (Post 4402120)
I actually found an autograph of David Hasselhoff inside my driver's side door when I was swapping the side mirrors... I don't know how long it was in there or if it's actually signed by David Hasselhoff but really, I laughed so hard. :lol:

how much for it?

92RS(real slow) 01-16-2010 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by TheFab (Post 4402120)

now that is a nice find I was gonna I was gonna ask if you lived and germany, and then seen that you do lol

ShMaCk2004 01-16-2010 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by 92RS(real slow) (Post 4402410)
now that is a nice find I was gonna I was gonna ask if you lived and germany, and then seen that you do lol

they have 3rd gens in germany?

Big Cleatus 01-17-2010 06:43 PM

I just found a post it note with a listing of taco bell food under my console while doing a 4th gen swap. It made me hungry so I hopped in my truck and went to get some food. Other than that I haven't found anything in the ol' bird.

TheFab 01-17-2010 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by ShMaCk2004 (Post 4402772)
they have 3rd gens in germany?

Yeah, we do.
Of course, it's kind of an unusual car to own over here. (it was never officially sold here) A lot of owners are organized in some kind of community and really care for their cars.

For example, take a look at a friend's IROC, one of the nicest 3rd gens I've seen: http://www.f-body-nation.com/galerie...ge-120-22.html

@KITT1983: Haha, sorry. It's not for sale. I love to tell that story and I wanna be able to back it up.

92RS(real slow) 01-18-2010 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by TheFab (Post 4404337)
Yeah, we do.
Of course, it's kind of an unusual car to own over here. (it was never officially sold here) A lot of owners are organized in some kind of community and really care for their cars.

For example, take a look at a friend's IROC, one of the nicest 3rd gens I've seen: http://www.f-body-nation.com/galerie...ge-120-22.html

@KITT1983: Haha, sorry. It's not for sale. I love to tell that story and I wanna be able to back it up.

wow that yellow iroc is amazing

DacMan 01-18-2010 05:17 PM

That's the most amazing yellow irco I've ever seen!

eagle_eyes 01-22-2010 10:29 AM

when i picked up the 91, one of the first things i did was change the tires. i found snails and some water in 2 of the tires...one front and one back. also, i found an accumulation of snails under the hood. did a carfax and no claims on file. car has always been registered in West Texas.

articwhiteZ 01-22-2010 04:35 PM

snails.. tacos... french?:D

all this talk about food...

what was the longest, you let a Big Mac sit in your car. before you
had time to eat it.. Mine was 2 days.. (not in my camaro):thumbsup:

and it was not summer.(SPRING). and i was fine.
MINTS AND hard candy last for years..so they dont count..lol

86IROCcloner 01-23-2010 06:29 PM

Over 5 year old Gummy bear that had melted to the side of the driver's seat and a Suburban light assembly crudely screwed into the dash leaving big holes in the plastic. sucked haha

85 ZXX 01-24-2010 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by TheFab (Post 4404337)
Yeah, we do.

Best looking Nanner colored 3rd Gen I've seen...What size chrome wheels?

khulsebus 03-18-2010 04:58 PM

I had a '85 TA about 10 years back that dog food would randomly fall from under the dash. It kept doing it until I stripped the car about a year after I bought it.

Phoenixfire1989 03-18-2010 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Killert (Post 4126967)
I found a sock under my center console.

see...and they say the dryer steals their socks XD
ive only found an empty cig box under my passenger seat

CoreyN 22 03-20-2010 05:14 PM

I found an old cassette; the band America: Greatest hits! haha . Also, a random picture, and framed, of a little kid? a compass, flash light, calculator, and a sweet key chain that i still use ever since I bought the car two years ago. Now all im finding is problems with this old junk.. But gotta love the Camaro!

Samdweezel05 03-20-2010 06:47 PM

Ever have one of thoes moments? Didn't find anything in my car but we did find some thing im my buddies 65 corvette. He bought the car for a decent price and we went through the entire thing and returned it back to a matching numbers April of 65 396 car. Wile doing the motor and trans I had to remove the shift plate. Under that plate there was a quarter. Nothing special, just a quarter. It was a mint condition 1965 quarter. No idea how it got there. 65 quarter, 65 vette....... Spooky

Phoenixfire1989 03-25-2010 08:37 PM

Looking underneath my car and found rolled up newspaper shoved up in my bumper..first impression i thought it was drugs. Took it to the police station and they didn't want the dog looking at it in-case it wrecked my car..so he said he has it documented in-case of ever get pulled over the township would take responsibility for it.
Free drug trafficking ticket there if i were into that type of thing! :lmao:

ncmail 03-25-2010 09:26 PM

radiator and fan held in with ratchet strap haha

Zyddian 03-26-2010 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by sailtexas186548 (Post 4164829)
i found a picture in the drivers door of my car at some car show in the early 2000's before i bought it, with two girls in bikini's laying on it :nod:

Frame That Sh1@t!

Unchained88 03-26-2010 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by KnottyBuoyz (Post 4159612)
I started to take out the interior of the IROC this morning. This is what I found!!!

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/f...IROC/scent.jpg

"Nothin' quite like the smell of a new car, well except maybe for p*ssy!":)

Roland D. Lebay!

krisb410 03-26-2010 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Zyddian (Post 4485655)
Frame That Sh1@t!

After he scans and post's in this thread!!!!:D

82chevyz284bbl 03-27-2010 02:38 AM

In my 1982 z28 I found a guitar pic, i found my pass. window motor sitting in the bottom of the passenger door and a stick of wood holding the window up lol and its still there 2 years since i found it lol when i want the window down i just pull the stick out i also found some old cig butts under the ashtray and a dime bag stash under rear seat and also some quaters under the seat but the may of been mine

oh i also found a tone loc caset tap in the casset player

hedberg667 03-27-2010 03:08 PM

i found a couple guitar picks, the bulb for my overhead light under one of my rear seats when i was cleaning, and then a Wayne Gretzky commemorative pin:huh:

BoomBoxx 05-11-2010 11:19 PM

I've found 2 dead wasps (so far)