Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   LTX and LSX (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/ltx-lsx/)
-   -   Spohn K-member (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/ltx-lsx/689839-spohn-k-member.html)

LastGTA 10-01-2013 08:30 AM

Spohn K-member

Have they fixed the fitment issues yet? I have seen their suspension in action on a local 3rd gen and I would really like to stick with them. If they still have the same fitment issues them I will most likely go with a BMR K-member, A-arms and coilover kit. I'm not a fan of mixing suspension components though. Also the BMR K-member will clear factory LS1 A/C correct?

LastGTA 10-03-2013 07:21 AM

Re: Spohn K-member

So nobody has installed a spohn k-member recently??

87CIZ 10-03-2013 02:18 PM

its not the k member that had problems. it is the a arms. and im not sure that they fixed that.

Flip 2 10-03-2013 05:26 PM

A/C fits BMR

Ramair21 10-03-2013 07:54 PM

I was told that the A/C didnt fit BMR by BMR. maybe they changed the design. Is your A/C in the Stock LS1 location?

Rich92 RS 10-03-2013 08:00 PM

People also had trouble with either the center link, or tie rods rubbing on the Spohn Kmember. BMR or UMI would be a better choice. Though with UMI you cant run the AC compressor in the stock LS1 location.

Flip 2 10-03-2013 09:01 PM

I have a C5 LS1. The Corvette accessories are 3/4" closer to the engine. I had to do some work to fit mine. Heard from other folks their F-body compressor fit ok.
Spohn, no way. UMI says no. BMR being conservative, telling folks no??
BTW, I'm also using the "Bat Wing" oil pan.

LastGTA 10-04-2013 07:25 AM

Thanks for the input. I hear mixed results on BMR with A/C. I would be running stock LS1 A/C but that's the last of my worries. I want the motor and K-member to fit with minimal effort. Looks like BMR K-member and A-arms are the way to do.

Pocket 10-04-2013 11:12 AM

I'm running a corvette Ac compressor and had to notch the spohn a-arm box. The notch was deeper than 3/4" so a fbody compressor would need a trim to fit too. That's with the mounts I built, not sure using spohn mounts. Threw them in the scrap bin

rickyzZ28 10-05-2013 06:10 PM

I have the BMR k-member and their a-arms with QA1 coil overs from Spohn. Mine fits great and I do have working AC with the LS1 f-body setup. Only problem I had was I could not get my poly mounts to fit in the BMR k-member so I had to run stock ones. Others have them, but mine would not fit and I tried everything when I had the cradle on the floor and they would not fit. I am not saying it was the k-member as it could have been the mounts though, because when I put the stock mounts back it, the motor dropped right on.

camarotucker 10-10-2013 08:25 PM

Spohn is garbage. BMR clears LS1 A/C. I'm running stock motor mounts. Iirc, the BMR install instructions have the wrong torque specs (like 2x what it should be) printed for the k-member.

LastGTA 10-15-2013 12:40 PM

BMR it is guys. I have decided to run BMR K-member and A-arms with Spohn's coil over kit. Thanks for the input.