Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Northern California (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/northern-california/)
-   -   Its that time again!!!!! (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/northern-california/315709-its-time-again.html)

kairles 08-17-2005 12:14 AM

Its that time again!!!!!

2nd Annual norcalthirdgen.com meet

maybe this time we can plan it a little better

I say this time more meet time and less track time, so any other ideas?

Firebreed 08-17-2005 12:34 AM

i say you all come somewhat close to where i am :D IE: Fresno crew! set this one up ;)

wills83z28cfi 08-17-2005 12:55 AM

Re: Its that time again!!!!!

Originally posted by kairles
Annual norcalthirdgen.com meet

maybe this time we can plan it a little better

I say this time more meet time and less track time, so any other ideas?

Couldn't agree with you more Terrell. I like the park BBQ idea, just need to meet earlier in the evening so it's not so dark. I also think everyone should just bring there own food, meat, etc. It's just better that way and then everyone is responsible for themselves.

porkyzilla 08-17-2005 01:04 AM

Re: Re: Its that time again!!!!!

Originally posted by wills83z28cfi
Couldn't agree with you more Terrell. I like the park BBQ idea, just need to meet earlier in the evening so it's not so dark. I also think everyone should just bring there own food, meat, etc. It's just better that way and then everyone is responsible for themselves.

thats gay why do that why not just friggin eat out somwhere thats easier or ill supply everything and come up witha flat rate for food

TraviZ 08-17-2005 01:34 AM

i love bbq's its way more social plus our cars are right their, being all sexy n stuff.. whatever 3rd gens do..

vindeezl 08-17-2005 02:37 AM

Yeah BBQ!!!

Just tell me when and where and how much **** to bring!

Frank_Blotto 08-17-2005 03:01 AM

I'm totally there, I just got my car totally fixed up and smogged today, so I'm all for a BBQ/meet.

3.492rs 08-17-2005 03:35 AM

same here but hopefully with my iroc

BORLAZ06 08-17-2005 03:37 AM

you know what im thinking....we have a little meet somewhere to check out each others cars....then go for a cruise thru the hills or wherever it may be. then go and eat somewhere (bbq even) and line up our thirdgens on a parking lot and talk smack...hahaa....ok well not smack talking but be social. just an idea that usual works. ne other idea? even a bigger plus i get the license back in 8 days...:D

porkyzilla 08-17-2005 03:44 AM

Originally posted by BORLAZ06
you know what im thinking....we have a little meet somewhere to check out each others cars....then go for a cruise thru the hills or wherever it may be. then go and eat somewhere (bbq even) and line up our thirdgens on a parking lot and talk smack...hahaa....ok well not smack talking but be social. just an idea that usual works. ne other idea? even a bigger plus i get the license back in 8 days...:D
10 bucks he doesnt show like the last few meets hopefully your "alarm" wont break this time :confused: ahhaahha

but seriously you gonna show up to one

BORLAZ06 08-17-2005 03:47 AM

yup...i had huge problems last time. everything is working fine now. it sucked last time though. i was really mad the alarm gave me crap. all the bugs are worked out now. :) and im serious on this one. :thumbsup: i havent been to a meet in a while. last one was at Almaden Lake where the water was poluted. that was fun though.

porkyzilla 08-17-2005 04:13 AM

Originally posted by BORLAZ06
yup...i had huge problems last time. everything is working fine now. it sucked last time though. i was really mad the alarm gave me crap. all the bugs are worked out now. :) and im serious on this one. :thumbsup: i havent been to a meet in a while. last one was at Almaden Lake where the water was poluted. that was fun though.

we will all look forward to finally meeting you

no excuses your car will be there ....i dont care if the big bird takes a giant **** on it, or a door falls off ahha

its time you come to a meet :D

btw whats your real name

BORLAZ06 08-17-2005 04:38 AM

yea i look forward to meeting you and thee others....my name is Nate btw..

kairles 08-17-2005 01:27 PM

I like the BBQ also maybe bypass the track altogether or have a 2 day meet track on saturday meet/BBQ/cruise on sunday

I looked at the website and it seems we have 38 members I would really love to see all or even about 20 at the meet

firebreed- you going to the Nojoqui Falls meet on the 27 can't be that far from you its about 45mins. north of santa barbara a couple of us from sac are going

Firebreed 08-17-2005 03:45 PM

No im not, I got to work from 2-6 on the 27th so i cant go :(

wills83z28cfi 08-17-2005 08:43 PM

I still also say go with BBQ so we can be loud and stick around our cars, like Travis said.

Eric, last time we let you plan something we ended up eating so late we cooked in the dark, that's not going to happen again. We don't all have to bring our own food, making a flat price for each person is fine with me, just don't want to eat or cook in the dark, lol.

Terrell, I like the idea of having a no track meet this time, it takes up too much of the day. A nice drive in the hills sounds nice though. A 2 day meet would work as well, one for the track, the other just to hang out.

Cadillac 08-17-2005 11:05 PM

I'll do anything under a couple conditions:

1.) Enough advanced notice

2.) I don't have to cook burgers and dogs for everyone again.

;)

adambros 08-18-2005 01:23 AM

I like the BBQ also maybe bypass the track altogether or have a 2 day meet track on saturday meet/BBQ/cruise on sunday

I looked at the website and it seems we have 38 members I would really love to see all or even about 20 at the meet . . .

we also have all the members email addy's, in addition to posting here, we could do a direct mailing a week or two earlier when the details are hammered out just to make sure we don't miss anyone.

irocdaddy 08-18-2005 09:51 AM

How bout' my place.

I have a house on a corner street, next to a elementary school. Lots of parking. poss. 6 cars in front driveway, 3 on my rv pad out back and the whole street next to the school. I have a big webber gas grill, no roomates.

urbanhunter44 08-18-2005 12:03 PM

are 4th gens allowed to come? :lol:

kairles 08-18-2005 02:14 PM

Re: How bout' my place.

Originally posted by irocdaddy
I have a house on a corner street, next to a elementary school. Lots of parking. poss. 6 cars in front driveway, 3 on my rv pad out back and the whole street next to the school. I have a big webber gas grill, no roomates.
sounds like you have plenty of parking space, Im down :thumbsup:

I like the idea of emailing everyone hopefully we can get the details hammered out soon so people will have plenty of time to get days off and what not.

kairles 08-18-2005 02:25 PM

2 day meet

ok this is what Im thinking. in october the track has T~n~T on friday nights(6-10). so those who wish to run at the track could come down friday afternoon-ish to get some runs in. the have the meet(BBQ/cruise) mid-day saturday.

TraviZ 08-18-2005 02:56 PM

id be down for a test n tune the previous day as long as i got my heads n cam and tuning crap

and we need a whole day dedicated to a bbq and a nice drive!

3.492rs 08-18-2005 03:00 PM

Originally posted by urbanhunter44
are 4th gens allowed to come? :lol:
no

urbanhunter44 08-18-2005 03:24 PM

I guess you're left out too.. your car doesn't even have a rear end :lol:

Firebreed 08-18-2005 03:26 PM

Originally posted by TraviZ
id be down for a test n tune the previous day as long as i got my heads n cam and tuning crap

and we need a whole day dedicated to a bbq and a nice drive!

and a day where i can come up or meet you guys somewhere in the middle... I cant do long drives, got work and college to go to :eek:

kairles 08-18-2005 03:30 PM

:lol: na its more of a people thing than a car thing every meet I've been to someone had a non-thirdgen car

urbanhunter44 08-18-2005 03:34 PM

i figured haha, I'll come, just let me know the dates!

kairles 08-18-2005 03:49 PM

Originally posted by Firebreed
and a day where i can come up or meet you guys somewhere in the middle... I cant do long drives, got work and college to go to :eek:
thats why you ask for the day off and usually people don't have school on the weekends :thumbsup:

no disrespect, but we're not going to cater to you for a meet I've been to fresno and socal for meets and Im just lucky that a lot of thirdgen'ers live in the SAC area and lots of NCTG members like to drag race and thier is a track in SAC. so if you wont a meet where everyone drives to you, you can do two(2) things. 1) go to some meets and get to know people and they'll say "hey firebreeds cool, we owe him a meet" like dwayne did when me and eric drove 5 hours to his home town. or 2) you could organize a meet in your town or within your driving distance and give everyone enough time to plan, ask for days off, and what not. once again no disrespect but thats just how it is

urbanhunter44 08-18-2005 04:07 PM

it's really not that bad of a drive from fresno. I can make fresno->concord in 2:30 with light traffic, 3 hours with traffic. From concord its only another hour to sac. And it's a great drive.

irocdaddy 08-18-2005 05:07 PM

If I host a meet, those that travel or get too trashed can just stay the night...plenty of room for all.

TraviZ 08-18-2005 05:08 PM

sounds good to me (Y)

irocdaddy 08-18-2005 05:09 PM

I second the motion for a two day thing if people wanna' tune/race on one day and bbq' the next...or whatever..

Firebreed 08-18-2005 11:54 PM

thats why you ask for the day off and usually people don't have school on the weekends :thumbsup:

no disrespect, but we're not going to cater to you for a meet I've been to fresno and socal for meets and Im just lucky that a lot of thirdgen'ers live in the SAC area and lots of NCTG members like to drag race and thier is a track in SAC. so if you wont a meet where everyone drives to you, you can do two(2) things. 1) go to some meets and get to know people and they'll say "hey firebreeds cool, we owe him a meet" like dwayne did when me and eric drove 5 hours to his home town. or 2) you could organize a meet in your town or within your driving distance and give everyone enough time to plan, ask for days off, and what not. once again no disrespect but thats just how it is

None taken, Just to let you all know, Im Extending you all to come to my carclub meets on Fridays 6-9 at the Kragen's here in hanford, its right off 198 12th st exit (if you take the 99 go all the way to the 198 turn off and go west, youll be going down a 2lane road, its the 198 its just not a 4lane (2 oneway 2 the other) highway again until you reach the outskirts of hanford, after that keep following 198 until you reach 12th st. and get off, youll see the mall on your right and target/kragens on your left, when i see a meet that i can attend and once im out of training and such from starbucks and after the movein time in our new store, ill try to get a day or so of time off when i see that a meet is commin up, I dont expect you all to cater to me at all, i was just putting out a suggestion thats all, if it seemed like i wanted you all to "cater to me" im sorry, i didnt mean for it to sound that way.

Originally posted by urbanhunter44
it's really not that bad of a drive from fresno. I can make fresno->concord in 2:30 with light traffic, 3 hours with traffic. From concord its only another hour to sac. And it's a great drive.

Im about 1hr south of fresno, givin you go 70 to 80 mph and traffic it would be a good 3 to 4 out drive depending on traffic and such, i would have to do do a full tune, tranny oil change, differental oil change, radiator, Blowermoter (getting a mix of antifreeze and pag oil on my kick pannels:doh: ) Im accually pushing my luck driving this car to my training 50 miles away:doh:. Im not trying to make exuses of why i cant come, just stating what i need to do to get this car ready for a longer road trip then just 100 miles a day.

Blown WS6 08-19-2005 12:11 AM

If I get the LT1 finished for the Vert I'll go. The Formula is WAAAY too ugly right now to make an appearance at a gathering. The vert is ALMOST too ugly. Not yet. :)

Cadillac 08-19-2005 12:17 AM

Originally posted by Blown WS6
If I get the LT1 finished for the Vert I'll go. The Formula is WAAAY too ugly right now to make an appearance at a gathering. The vert is ALMOST too ugly. Not yet. :)
I really wanna see your convertible. Best color scheme on the Firebird ever...

Blown WS6 08-19-2005 12:27 AM

Well the delaminated clear coat really detracts from its appearance. But ok!

LOL! My website is oudated with old pictures when my cars were sexy. Need....paint..... bad!

kairles 08-19-2005 12:29 AM

its not a car show. my car should be there and the paint is flaking off, no head liner and the carpet isn't that good, I have like a hole in the middle of the driver side(down to the metal)

Blown WS6 08-19-2005 12:44 AM

Good. I'll be in company of similer condition cars. :)

porkyzilla 08-19-2005 12:46 AM

im down

Firebreed 08-19-2005 12:48 AM

my car club car show thing really is just a get together to promot the perseveration of ALL cool cars:thumbsup: no matter what state the car is in, from almost dead (ie needs a complete restore) to Completely restored cars, and really any car can come, theirs nothing that will get you kicked out of the meet execpt for acting stupid (doing smoking the tires, streat raceing and such), We (the No dues cruisers) dont want to lose kragen sponsership :thumbsup: theirs alsow A raffle, 50/50, muisc and lots of cool cars :D

porkyzilla 08-19-2005 12:51 AM

Originally posted by Firebreed
my car club car show thing really is just a get together to promot the perseveration of ALL cool cars:thumbsup: no matter what state the car is in, from almost dead (ie needs a complete restore) to Completely restored cars, and really any car can come, theirs nothing that will get you kicked out of the meet execpt for acting stupid (doing smoking the tires, streat raceing and such), We (the No dues cruisers) dont want to lose kragen sponsership :thumbsup: theirs alsow A raffle, 50/50, muisc and lots of cool cars :D

sounds like a corvette meet :confused:

TraviZ 08-19-2005 12:57 AM

Good. I'll be in company of similer condition cars. :)
greetings to someone from 3go!

hope to see ya thier!

OUTATIME GTA 08-19-2005 01:06 AM

I think a good bbq/cruise on a Sat. afternoon -> eve sounds cool.
Although I think we should do it sooner, like September before the weather and the time changes.

Firebreed 08-19-2005 01:11 AM

Originally posted by porkyzilla
sounds like a corvette meet :confused:
Theirs a few vets, but theirs mostly classic stangs, maros, a 68/69 bird, me, sometimes a 91/92 Teal RS MINT! a few mopars, preaty much any car you can think of we have had come, I even saw a GTX! Forgot to add, theirs also quiet a few 20's and 30's roadsters

TraviZ 08-19-2005 01:16 AM

whats a gtx?

kairles 08-19-2005 01:25 AM

GTX is old school mopar muscle

Firebreed 08-19-2005 01:27 AM

its a high performace mopar car, kinda like the Roadrunners (i think thats what they were called) and such. The True Muscle cars :D

TraviZ 08-19-2005 01:29 AM

i miss them days :(

Firebreed 08-19-2005 01:36 AM

im not old enough for them days :eek: but if i was, i to would have missed them old days:thumbsup: Its a same that MOST people cant take care of their car right :( dang Treehugger's! but anyways, when i saw the GTX i was like WTF is a GTX?thought i was some dealer option or some kind of kit car.. then i met the owner of the car and he explained everything :D