Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Power Adders (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/power-adders/)
-   -   can i run my turbo drain in to my valve cover? (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/power-adders/590672-can-i-run-my.html)

mog10 10-11-2010 07:33 PM

can i run my turbo drain in to my valve cover?

1 Attachment(s)
can i run my turbo drain in to my valve cover? seems like a shorter path i dont see why not but i would like to get some feed back thanks
this is what im working with
Attachment 404738

BANDITSBC 10-11-2010 09:02 PM

Re: can i run my turbo drain in to my valve cover?

it looks like you could, 2 45degree fittings and 1/4 inch length of hose. it may work. :)

it looks like it may be a bit awkward but i think you can do it, a 45 off the turbo and a bung in your valve covers

Batass 10-15-2010 06:05 PM

I've read of problems with flooding the valve cover, sealing the valve cover and using a crank case evac system on the opposite side might help?

The_Punisher454 10-16-2010 01:43 AM

By looking at the pictures I can see why you would be tempted to return to the valve covers, but if it were me I'd feel a whole lot better returning the oil to the pan.
Sometimes the oil from the turbo is a bit foamed up. The long vertical return line will help reduce this and the large volume of oil splashing around in the pan will help dissolve any foam instantly. In the valve covers you only have a small volume of oil flow to help.

HCR13 10-16-2010 01:46 AM

You might also want to consider a tapped fuel pump block off plate. Many people do that and its much closer to the oil pan and pretty cheap to make... if you're not running a mechanical fuel pump that is...

bduffey723 12-30-2010 10:19 PM

im in the midst of my tt install and and wondering if i could do the same because i relly dnt want to have to drop the oil pan. what if i run it from the turbo to a catch can and then into the valve covers? or is there anywhere else besides the oil pan u can return them to?

mog10 12-30-2010 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by bduffey723 (Post 4773324)
im in the midst of my tt install and and wondering if i could do the same because i relly dnt want to have to drop the oil pan. what if i run it from the turbo to a catch can and then into the valve covers? or is there anywhere else besides the oil pan u can return them to?

the timing cover will work

Drac0nic 01-01-2011 11:25 AM

depending on the intake I'd do the lifter valley before I did the valve cover. One less thing for it to drain through and chances are it wouldn't cause problems with your breather system/spew oil everywhere if something happened.

Orr89RocZ 01-06-2011 05:10 PM

valve cover can work, or you can take that one to the fuel pump block off plate on the side of the block. Your turbos sit higher than or as high as mine do :)