Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Power Adders (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/power-adders/)
-   -   quad turbo charged (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/power-adders/691925-quad-turbo-charged.html)

mikey8494 11-07-2013 09:55 AM

quad turbo charged

has it been done and what do you guys think it will do .how much power im thinking of doing it to my 3.1

anesthes 11-07-2013 10:24 AM

Re: quad turbo charged

Originally Posted by mikey8494 (Post 5663618)
has it been done and what do you guys think it will do .how much power im thinking of doing it to my 3.1

If this is a joke, it is not funny and might warrant an insta-ban..

-- Joe

mikey8494 11-07-2013 10:35 AM

its not a joke im seriouse i seen these gtr's with dual turbos on one manifold im like what about putting 2 on each of my v6 its just a hypotheticle i mean im 19 dude i dont know much about this stuff and honestly i dont want to get banned but imho your jumping the gun i was just simply asking is it posible. im a creative person and like thinking of these type of things when im bored

mikey8494 11-07-2013 10:38 AM

im sorry if thinking out side the box is bad im truely sorry i thought i could come here and be acepted for thinking outside the box

anesthes 11-07-2013 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by mikey8494 (Post 5663635)
its not a joke im seriouse i seen these gtr's with dual turbos on one manifold im like what about putting 2 on each of my v6 its just a hypotheticle i mean im 19 dude i dont know much about this stuff and honestly i dont want to get banned but imho your jumping the gun i was just simply asking is it posible. im a creative person and like thinking of these type of things when im bored

Ok.. I thought it was a joke. a 3.1 with 4 turbos..

I'm not a turbo wizard. I don't know the math involved, but I'd imagine you would need 4 VERY SMALL hot sides.

-- Joe

AutoRoc 11-07-2013 10:41 AM

Vote for banstick!

Go put 4 leaf blowers under your hood and report back. Take pics.

Fitting your fist in your mouth is possible but are you doing it??

mikey8494 11-07-2013 10:45 AM

you guys are mean im sorry ill just quit thinking outside the box ill just stop all together i just wanted to try and learn but i feel like im being critisized for thinking ill just go put a centerfugal supercharger on it thanks...thanks for all the help. also im not cheap and i aint putting a leaf blower on my car i am one kid that actualy respects these cars

Street Lethal 11-07-2013 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by mikey8494
you guys are mean im sorry ill just quit thinking outside the box ill just stop all together i just wanted to try and learn but i feel like im being critisized for thinking ill just go put a centerfugal supercharger on it thanks...thanks for all the help. also im not cheap and i aint putting a leaf blower on my car i am one kid that actualy respects these cars...

Calm down Mikey. You don't need quad turbo's, you don't even need twin turbo's. Just stick around and research how to make your own turbo header(s), as you only really need one turbo to run fast, don't get caught up with the quad turbo stuff. Stick around and learn, we'll help you all we can...

AutoRoc 11-07-2013 11:29 AM

I'd do this: Billet 58mm

http://m.ebay.com/itm/270996392374

Buuuuiut if you dont have a way of tuning it properly we are typing for nothing. I have no clue how third gen 6 bangers are tuned.

Street Lethal 11-07-2013 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by AutoRoc
Buuuuiut if you dont have a way of tuning it properly we are typing for nothing. I have no clue how third gen 6 bangers are tuned.

He is running a '7730 ECM with a V6, a few wire changes and he is good to go...

http://dynamicefi.com/EBL_SFI6_Flash.php

midias 11-07-2013 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by anesthes (Post 5663639)
Ok.. I thought it was a joke. a 3.1 with 4 turbos..

I'm not a turbo wizard. I don't know the math involved, but I'd imagine you would need 4 VERY SMALL hot sides.

-- Joe

You could do something like this

http://www.0-60mag.com/wp-content/up...09/07/evo4.jpg

mikey8494 11-07-2013 01:05 PM

the reason i said for i admit yes its a game but its kinda a simulator its called street legal racing redline . some of the cars you could get with v6s and with downloadable mods i got a v6 mod and i could slap 2 on each side it was just a cool thought is all. but your right all i need is one. i honestly just love the sound they make . i love that wistle it makes its cool but im sorry for getting uptight its i realy honestly disnt want to get banned for popping an idea out of this adhd filled head haha.

midias 11-07-2013 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by mikey8494 (Post 5663699)
the reason i said for i admit yes its a game but its kinda a simulator its called street legal racing redline . some of the cars you could get with v6s and with downloadable mods i got a v6 mod and i could slap 2 on each side it was just a cool thought is all. but your right all i need is one. i honestly just love the sound they make . i love that wistle it makes its cool but im sorry for getting uptight its i realy honestly disnt want to get banned for popping an idea out of this adhd filled head haha.

You could always do it like this too

http://www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicl...chevy_bel_air/

Hehehe 8 turbo LS1

Orr89RocZ 11-07-2013 01:21 PM

Get yourself some engine books and turbo books and read up. Best way to learn.

And think alittle. Two turbos per side on a v6. Thats 3 exhaust ports having to feed two turbines. How will that work? Makes no sense to do it this way. And to find turbos small enough will be very difficult. Keep it simple, single is all you should be concerned with unless show car and trying to display fabrication skills

project89 11-07-2013 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Orr89RocZ (Post 5663707)
Get yourself some engine books and turbo books and read up. Best way to learn.

And think alittle. Two turbos per side on a v6. Thats 3 exhaust ports having to feed two turbines. How will that work? Makes no sense to do it this way. And to find turbos small enough will be very difficult. Keep it simple, single is all you should be concerned with unless show car and trying to display fabrication skills

4 gt15's would work pretty well , but why

project89 11-07-2013 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by AutoRoc (Post 5663658)
I'd do this: Billet 58mm

http://m.ebay.com/itm/270996392374

turbos a lil small its a 54mm unit not a 58 , a 3.1 will want a 61 or 66 preferably a gt3582 or gt3582r , if going with the r the .8x housing is the best bet

Joe Tag 11-07-2013 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by midias (Post 5663701)
You could always do it like this too

http://www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicl...chevy_bel_air/

Hehehe 8 turbo LS1

That's just obscene, and super freaking cool at the same time.

midias 11-07-2013 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Joe Tag (Post 5663775)
That's just obscene, and super freaking cool at the same time.

Yup the only real reason to do that is just to say you can and show off crazy fab skills

Joe Tag 11-07-2013 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by midias (Post 5663777)
Yup the only real reason to do that is just to say you can and show off crazy fab skills

Mission accomplished.

Base91 11-07-2013 04:06 PM

You said in your 3800sc thread you had a limited budget and limited knowledge so I gave you a link to the turbo kit bl85c is offering for "cheap". It's fine to think of all sorts of wild stuff (seen 8 blown big blocks on a tractor?) but start with something you can accomplish and learn from. Once you can do a single turbo then go for adding the other 3. Or 5?

Edwardgp 11-07-2013 04:50 PM

Mikey, I wouldn't be thinking about turbos until you figure out your brake problem.

mikey8494 11-07-2013 05:44 PM

your right * scratches head hehe yea she wont pass north carolina inspection without brakes now will she.i guess once shes running and legal ill start looking to the futur for performance

Joe Tag 11-07-2013 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Edwardgp (Post 5663798)
Mikey, I wouldn't be thinking about turbos until you figure out your brake problem.

+1
Take a year or so, get comfortable doing at least basic maintenance. ( it seems like a long time, but this will also give you time to save up some bux so you can afford it) Fix the bugs that a 21 year old car will inevitably have. Acquire some knowledge about the car. Spend some time here looking at threads and decide what you honestly think you are capable of. Realistic goals are the key here. Not meant to be an insult at all, but if you have to ask how to fix your brakes, one turbo may be out of your league right now.

Drac0nic 11-09-2013 01:23 AM

Actually quads have been done before. Go on theturboforums and look in the "builds hall of fame." Long thread but an awesome read. With a 3.1L that's fairly stockish you could take 2 of the turbos he did and make good power. Shoot a single HX35 would make awesome power. If it was me though and being where you are I would:

1)Get your brakes fixed
2)read everything you can
3)upgrade the fuel system, Walbro 255lph and a hot wire
4)read everything you can
5)Start cutting your own chips preferably with Code 59 or an aftermarket ECU like a Megasquirt, then up the injector size
6)Read everything you can
7)Fabricate some headers and look at throwing 1 to 2 turbochargers on your engine. If you can figure out how to change the calibration of your engine you'll be in decent shape to do this
8)Anticipate at least some breakage of parts. By this I mean expect to have to throw an axle, gear box or SOMETHING in at some point. Even if the engine takes it the added power will at some point find a weak link and take it out.

My advice is read Project 89's builds and the others who are doing V6 builds. They are some incredibly complete builds and they make it look easy to pull nice power out of one of these engines. We all start somewhere, be patient so you have a nice running fast car instead of a not so nice running dismantled car you're fed up with.

BBSDesigns 11-09-2013 10:35 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quad turbos, been there done that.... and it was a nightmare!

Do you have children? Well quad turbos is like small children, 4X the trouble!!
Quad intakes, quad oil returns or at least four discharges with two "Y's" (that's how I did it), four wastegates(if internally) or two externally, oil pressure lines, heat everywhere, no space to work on, etc, etc, etc...

Really it's not worth it!

Pros: BRAGGING RIGHTS, show off, etc...

Cons: A LOT

Go twin or go single, my recommendation, go single!

mikey8494 11-11-2013 08:22 PM

yea i know i know its not something im going to do i need to get a cheap radiator im only willing to pay like 25 to 40 bucks mine is leaking and once i get a job im thinking of getting a big turbo dont know whats a good one. im gona put just one on it . i saw something there were sizes from 28 mm to 115 mm turbos i dontk now i want maybe a 40 mm something that ads a good 120 hp on gives a good wistle noise

anesthes 11-11-2013 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by mikey8494 (Post 5665975)
yea i know i know its not something im going to do i need to get a cheap radiator im only willing to pay like 25 to 40 bucks mine is leaking and once i get a job im thinking of getting a big turbo dont know whats a good one. im gona put just one on it . i saw something there were sizes from 28 mm to 115 mm turbos i dontk now i want maybe a 40 mm something that ads a good 120 hp on gives a good wistle noise

Just curious. How old are you?

-- Joe

Mirror Image 11-11-2013 10:12 PM

yes its been done before a guy with a 95 camaro race car it was in popular hot rodding it made 2200 hp http://www.popularhotrodding.com/eng...05em_turbo_bb/

NagleMac 11-11-2013 10:17 PM

No offense, but you need to learn WAY more about cars in general before you even think about a turbo, or its going to be a huge nightmare.

Joe Tag 11-11-2013 10:30 PM

See Mikey? It's just that easy. Take a good look at that pic, go down the "hi performance" aisle at Advance, and pick that stuff out.
Yes, that's sarcasm, but the pic is just the scope of what type of fabrication you are talking about.
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/eng.../photo_01.html#

Orr89RocZ 11-11-2013 10:54 PM

Dont feed the trolls

BBSDesigns 11-12-2013 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by mikey8494 (Post 5663635)
.... i mean im 19 dude i dont know much about this stuff and honestly i dont want to get banned but...

Hey Mikey,
Dont get offended, but usually the posts that start by; "how do I put a turbo...", "how much power do turbo or supercharger will...", etc... are from newbies that are starting or they are just day dreaming of projects for their cars... if they even own a car.

The Power Adder section is FULL of VERY helpfull, knowledegable and hard working people. They have learned and EARNED their stuff by reading, trial and error, getting burns, breaking motors, getting their fingers pinched, scrathing their knuckles heavily, etc, etc... to get their attention and respect you will have to earn it.

You seem to be a good guy, make your research and do your homework, when you are ready to start post some pics of the actual build and I guarantee you that help will come.
BBSDesigns, over out.

mikey8494 11-12-2013 02:19 PM

ok well thats going to be down the road some

NemeSS-TyranT 11-13-2013 04:54 PM

I fabricate turbo and exhaust for a source of income. didnt always know how to do it. started on diesel vehicles. its a good business, very popular nowadays.
my advice is read up on as much info as possible. a good starting point is a book called Maximum Boost by Corky Bell.
im in the process of compound charging my own car. reason. just because.
but compound is whole nother deal.:crazy: