Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   TPI (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/tpi/)
-   -   question on installing new injectior leads (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/tpi/707354-question-installing-new-injectior.html)

mjdavis68 08-21-2014 08:55 PM

question on installing new injectior leads

1 Attachment(s)
Does it matter which wire goes to which? these are both white.

Attachment 281832

rusty vango 08-22-2014 03:58 AM

Re: question on installing new injectior leads

Originally Posted by mjdavis68 (Post 5808887)
Does it matter which wire goes to which? these are both white.

Attachment 281832

yes absolutely. it matters. OR you could just get the CORRECT leads and toss that generic stuff.

greenyone 08-22-2014 06:52 AM

I'm not sure if you'd consider ACDelco leads generic, but they have 2 white wires also. I'm guessing they just go with white since these pigtails are universal for many different cars. Hawks sells the color coded ones if you want to go that route.

8Mike9 08-22-2014 11:06 AM

The injector is basically a 12v dc solenoid, right? I can't see swapping leads making any difference?

greenyone 08-22-2014 11:55 AM

:yup:

Originally Posted by 8Mike9 (Post 5809077)
The injector is basically a 12v dc solenoid, right? I can't see swapping leads making any difference?

rusty vango 08-22-2014 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by greenyone (Post 5808981)
I'm not sure if you'd consider ACDelco leads generic, but they have 2 white wires also. I'm guessing they just go with white since these pigtails are universal for many different cars. Hawks sells the color coded ones if you want to go that route.

you can consider them "AC china".and if you could swap the wires the FSM wouldn't specifically have a wiring diagram that clearly states that they have a signal and ground path. its not something to play around with.

greenyone 08-22-2014 02:13 PM

Well aside from generic-white or OEM-colored pigtails...you should be able to figure out which lead goes to what terminal by looking at the original.

rusty vango 08-22-2014 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by greenyone (Post 5809181)
Well aside from generic-white or OEM-colored pigtails...you should be able to figure out which lead goes to what terminal by looking at the original.

yeah it aint hard. I just am not pleased with the fact that its hard to get pigtails with the correct color wires. hell, some of the pigtails don't even have the correct gauge wires. I guess its all about CHEEP now days.

aramirez121 08-23-2014 05:06 AM

are there any colored lines on the wire

mjdavis68 08-23-2014 09:44 PM

Generic or not , i'm at least trying to save one of these cars..:imo:
The wire just has brand of wire but i can figure it out , thanks for all your help guys

rusty vango 08-24-2014 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by mjdavis68 (Post 5809657)
Generic or not , i'm at least trying to save one of these cars..:imo:
The wire just has brand of wire but i can figure it out , thanks for all your help guys

props to you for that man, I wasn't bitchin at YOU . I just hate the fact that when you DO try to fix one of these ,you find that either the parts you need are no longer to be had. OR when you do get them they somehow have been modified. I too saved my 86 IROC from the crusher. got it in 09 and I know the struggle well. anyway, hats off to you