Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

Spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2016, 10:03 AM
bez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spoiler

Would anyone have template too install stock spoiler in 87 camaro mine had aftermarket one on it and want too go back stock
Old 09-24-2016, 12:15 PM
Supreme Member

Received 76 Likes on 66 Posts
Car: 1991 Z28 Vert
Engine: 383 single plane efi
Transmission: T-56
Axle/Gears: 8.8 with 3.73s
Re: Spoiler

Originally Posted by bez
Would anyone have template too install stock spoiler in 87 camaro mine had aftermarket one on it and want too go back stock
There are no templates for mounting spoilers that I have ever seen.
It's not a difficult task to find out the correct placement yourself. I did it for my spoiler and it worked out perfect.

Here's how you do it:

1. Cover your Hatch lid in masking tape.
2. Make parallel lines on the hatch lid. To do this measure up or down from the top or bottom of the edge of the trunk lid and make marks every inch or two and repeat the same exact thing on the opposite side. Next use a flexible straight edge to simply connect the dots. Now your hatch lid should look like notebook paper, perfect.
3. Find the midline of the hatch lid. Simply measure the distance of each line, divide by 2 and then put a mark on that half way point. Repeat this with all the lines. Once that is done take your flexible straightedge and connect those dots. Now you have the exact midline of your hatch lid.
4. Measure the width between the spoiler's rear mounting holes and divide by two. Take that answer and measure out from your midline on one of the lines you have already made and make a mark. Repeat this with a couple lines on both sides and then connect the dots with a straightedge again.
5. Place the spoiler's rear mounting studs on the line and find out how far forward or back you want the spoiler.
6. Make sure the rear mounting studs are the same distance forward or back from a line by measuring from one of your lines.
7. Mark the trace around the all four studs, drill holes, remove tape and bolt in place.