DIY PROM Do It Yourself PROM chip burning help. No PROM begging. No PROMs for sale. No commercial exchange. Not a referral service.

Little something I whipped up...

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2016, 04:18 PM
Supreme Member

Received 193 Likes on 167 Posts
Little something I whipped up...

Trying to get the tuning set up more clean, laptop more visible and accessible, and reduce the number of hook ups everytime I go out for a test drive. So I came up with this idea for a dedicated "tuning station" in the passenger seat.

Basically it's a small desk that rests on the passenger seat that the lap top sits on and has dedicated connections for the ECM, Ostrich, WB O2, AC/DC converter, etc.. Bottom is contoured to the seat so it sits level on top.

With this, I make two USB connections to the lap top and plug the AC adapter in and I'm ready to roll...

Some pictures below...

The AC/DC converter is mounted inside the station and has a standard 110V wall outlet mounted on the side for the laptop to AC adapter to plug into (it's a used laptop with a battery that has limited life, so for longer trips it needs the AC adapter).

The station also has dedicated permanent ports and harnesses for the Ostrich, WB O2 (both the gauge and the ECM connection), as well as two extra 12V receptacles since the station uses the only 12V receptacle in the car to power the WB and the AC/DC converter.

The station also houses the WB gauge itself which I can glance at quickly during a quick WOT burst (though I'm still trying to get Tunerpro to connect to it).

Definitely makes life much easier during a tuning session...
Attached Thumbnails Little something I whipped up...-img_6179_resized.jpg   Little something I whipped up...-img_6177_resized.jpg   Little something I whipped up...-img_6176_resized.jpg   Little something I whipped up...-img_6181_resized.jpg  
Old 01-04-2016, 01:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: BMW 735
Engine: 383 W/ SUPERAM
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.64
Re: Little something I whipped up...

Nice job. I could use something like that considering how much time a spend with a laptop as a passenger. Too bad my ecm is under the hood, I've yet to make the patch cords for my auto prom emulator.