DIY PROM Do It Yourself PROM chip burning help. No PROM begging. No PROMs for sale. No commercial exchange. Not a referral service.

EBL TCC settings

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 10:56 AM
TGO Supporter

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
EBL TCC settings

I have a 4+3 with OD(Nash) in my Vette.

This first ride in spring 2016 OD decided to stop working. 2015 season same occurred however was related to port fuel conversion and settings in the 3006.bin. Changing settings in 3006.bin recovered the OD.

No luck adjusting settings this time.

Added lube to OD unit(about 20% low) this summer and OD worked but disengaged when throttle was released and coast. It would jump in-out of OD when throttle was on steady. I think OD is toast as 133K on it. Time to think of rebuild or conversion to Tremec.

Question #1: I noticed the TBI .bin would accept and had in them negative #s for TCC in TunerPro "tables". Neg -100 for all tables except relock delay had -5, -12, and zero. 3006.bin and EBL_V40 would not accept negatives so I substituted zero's.

Q #2: Hi Gr and Low Gr refers to "gear". Correct" Does that allow for OD to disengage on throttle lift? Not sure why that is necessary?

Thanks.
Old 01-10-2017, 12:01 PM

Received 215 Likes on 201 Posts
Car: check
Engine: check
Transmission: check
Re: EBL TCC settings

Originally Posted by Ronny
I have a 4+3 with OD(Nash) in my Vette...

Question #1: I noticed the TBI .bin would accept and had in them negative #s for TCC in TunerPro "tables". Neg -100 for all tables except relock delay had -5, -12, and zero. 3006.bin and EBL_V40 would not accept negatives so I substituted zero's.
The EBL never was able to have negative values in those tables. I don't believe that any TCC parameter can be a negative value.

Q #2: Hi Gr and Low Gr refers to "gear". Correct" Does that allow for OD to disengage on throttle lift? Not sure why that is necessary?

Thanks.
The shifter button is what tells the ECM which set of tables to use. With one set not allowing OD, while the other set does. As for disengage on throttle lift, zero out the coast release entries:

TCC - LoGr Max TPS% coast unlock
TCC - LoGr Min TPS% coast unlock
TCC - HiGr Max TPS% coast unlock
TCC - HiGr Min TPS% coast unlock

RBob.
Old 01-10-2017, 12:08 PM

Car: 88 convertible
Engine: 5.7L
Transmission: 4+3 maual
Axle/Gears: 3.07

I can't say anything about the EBL settings for the OD function but the OD unit is just a 2 speed auto trans which is solenoid shifted. If your OD unit is not slipping, then it is probably ok. At 133k miles, you got some life out of it as most say if driven somewhat hard, they go as soon as 40k or so. I have been thinking about a Tremec conversion also but $3k to replace a perfectly good trans/OD unit seems senseless to me at this point. Anyway, there are ways to bypass the ECM control of the OD function which would give you complete control over shifting in and out. You may want to look into doing this simple rewiring (IIRC it's 1 wire from the ECM that controls the OD solenoid) so you can test your OD unit for functionality without the worry of not knowing what the ECM is doing. I think I have a diagram of the OD wiring and will post it if I can find it. GL!
Old 01-10-2017, 12:15 PM

Car: 88 convertible
Engine: 5.7L
Transmission: 4+3 maual
Axle/Gears: 3.07

Wow, I see Rbob is right on the ball as usual! Here is the diagram in case you still need it! GL!
Attached Thumbnails EBL TCC settings-odcontrol.jpg