Electronics Need help wiring something up? Thinking of adding an electrical component to your car? Need help troubleshooting that wiring glitch?

Alarm/GPS Tracking Systems

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 04:29 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Car: 86' IROC
Engine: Supercharged 350
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 3.45
Alarm/GPS Tracking Systems

So I've been looking for a GPS tracking system/alarm that would be a decent system, with good reviews. All the ones i've found that don't require a yearly subscription don't even have their own website. I don't mind paying a small monthly fee for peace of mind. What are you guys running on your cars for alarms/GPS
Old 01-14-2017, 02:58 PM
Supreme Member

Received 76 Likes on 66 Posts
Car: 1991 Z28 Vert
Engine: 383 single plane efi
Transmission: T-56
Axle/Gears: 8.8 with 3.73s
Re: Alarm/GPS Tracking Systems

Alarms will only deter the gutter trash, smash and grab thieves so buy whatever inexpensive alarm you want to as long as it ties into the doors opening and has a vibratory sensor. You want GPS for tracking in case of theft so buy a separate unit for GPS tracing only and hide it as well as you can like up underneath the dash where it will blend in or under the plastics around the rear wheel well. The way to wire the GPS tracker is to have it powered by a small separate battery and have that battery wired to the primary battery. If your car is stolen you have to assume whomever is stealing it is either going to chop it or take it somewhere and remove the battery for transport later. Your goal is to make the tracker as hard to find as possible and stay on/active as long as possible. There are some GPS trackers on Amazon that in the reviews talk about free programs to download for monitoring it's position.
Old 01-14-2017, 04:18 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Car: 86' IROC
Engine: Supercharged 350
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 3.45
Re: Alarm/GPS Tracking Systems

Yeah, thats moreso what iwas looking for. I have a "alarm" on it now i got for strictly keyless entry. I dont have it tied into my stand alone though so it will still start with a screw driver