Electronics Need help wiring something up? Thinking of adding an electrical component to your car? Need help troubleshooting that wiring glitch?

swapping a 1987 blower motor harness into a 1985 Iroc

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 01:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: Black on black 1985 Iroc Z
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: T-5 manual
swapping a 1987 blower motor harness into a 1985 Iroc

Hi all,
I have searched on this forum as well as google and have not found the answer to my question. I have a 1985 Iroc that came originally with TPI and auto transmission. It's a B4Z car with F code in the VIN. When I bought the car the original engine had been replaced with a carbureted 305 from a 1987 vehicle, and the tranny swapped for a T5. During this swap the PO hacked up the original wiring pretty bad, so I purchased a full TPI setup from a 1987 car with complete wiring harness including the full C100 harness as well as the TPI harness. I am in the process of replacing the TPI, so I am trying to get all of my wiring sorted now to hook up everything. Also included and still hooked up to the C100 harness was the blower motor harness. My blower motor harness was also hacked, so I am trying to replace it as well. All of the connectors for the harness appear to be the same at the blower and AC connections, but the vacuum lines are different as well as the connectors to the C100 harness (which I assume power the blower). My question is, what are the differences between the two years regarding this harness, and will the portion that goes through the firewall to the AC controls inside all hook up the same? I can provide pictures of the difference in connectors if that will help. As far as the vacuum lines, I only see one on my original, where the 87 harness has two. Can anyone shed light on this for me? Any help would be appreciated!