LTX and LSX Putting LT1s, LS1s, and their variants into Third Gens is becoming more popular. This board is for those who are doing and have done the swaps so they can discuss all of their technical aspects including repairs, swap info, and performance upgrades.

A Sad day has come

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 12:41 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1987 GTA
Engine: LT1
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 9 bolt 3.70 posi
A Sad day has come

Well, I hate to say it but the days of the GTA is done, I can't afford to let it sit and continue to degrade and not get driven, last time I drove it the rear end was making a horrible sound so I have just decided to part it out. This board was awesome when I first did my swap in '05 and helping people out when they ran into problems like I did. I've put like 5k miles on it in 4 years. The car needs brakes, the front end rebuilt, a quarter panel rear bumper and the lousy C&C tops removed and hard top put back on the car. I just wanted to say it was fun through the years of reading the swaps and seeing how much easier they are now vs 8 years ago.

I'll probably still troll the boards and throw out my when I see something I can help out on though.
Old 10-21-2014, 08:36 PM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 92 Camaro RS
Engine: LS1
Axle/Gears: 10bolt w3.42 Torsen
Re: A Sad day has come

I don't know your whole situation but i'll tell you the same thing I tell everybody who considers selling or giving up on a project. You have come this far, why quit now? If you love it but can't afford right now, hang on to it, be patient, it will still be there when you're ready. Sell it and you'll have nothing.

You know whats best for you. Just make sure you can live with your decision later.
Old 10-21-2014, 09:08 PM
Supreme Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: Camaro
Engine: 6.2L
Re: A Sad day has come

Fun times had building that car. Hey man look at the bright side someone can take over and bring the fun back. I think if your fortunate enough for the car to go to an owner who will appreciate what effort has gone into it and keep the dream going forward? Thats the best reward us gear heads can ask for when we sell a car off. Best of luck with sale man