Southern California Area Southern California Members.

It's all gone...

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 06:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: '88 IROC Z28
Engine: 305
Transmission: 5 speed
It's all gone...

I have had my head buried in this website and others for the past 2 days. Where have all the parts gone? Everyone and there cousin made stuff for these and it has all fallen off the face of the earth.

I need heads, intake manifold and headers but cant find any legal ones. Is there any options for us in California other changing the engine? How difficult is it to get away with Dart cast iron heads? I had some trouble years ago when my suburban needed a new throttle body and I was able to get away with a holley replacement since no other parts were available. Are we getting to that stage with these? I have a solid short block and would like to keep it original.
Old 07-10-2016, 06:53 AM
Supreme Member

Received 161 Likes on 133 Posts
Car: 1989 IROC-Z 305 LB9 AT Convertible
Engine: LB9 305
Transmission: AT
Re: It's all gone...

CALI IS PERSECUTING owners of older cars.

Almost no modifications are allowed. SMOG test allowable maximum's were greatly reduced, a few years ago. In fact, cali requires our old cars to pass tighter tests, than they had to pass, when they were a couple years old!

Cali tried to outlaw black paint, on new cars. As well as 4-slice toasters.

I wont even get into what cali is doing to the 2ND Amendment.
Old 07-23-2016, 06:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1988 Iroc Z
Engine: 5.7
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 9 bolt 2.77
Re: It's all gone...

Originally Posted by nick55
I have had my head buried in this website and others for the past 2 days. Where have all the parts gone? Everyone and there cousin made stuff for these and it has all fallen off the face of the earth.

I need heads, intake manifold and headers but cant find any legal ones. Is there any options for us in California other changing the engine? How difficult is it to get away with Dart cast iron heads? I had some trouble years ago when my suburban needed a new throttle body and I was able to get away with a holley replacement since no other parts were available. Are we getting to that stage with these? I have a solid short block and would like to keep it original.
If you can wait another month or so I have a lot of parts that will be for sale. I bought some aluminum heads (summit brand) but smog legal , edelbrock upper and lower , also some fresh valve job 083 tpi heads, a brand new in box super ram, some slp headers with AIR tubes. PM me if you really are interested, I'm currently on deployment but maybe we can set something up in the meantime. Thanks