TPI Tuned Port Injection discussion and questions. LB9 and L98 tech, porting, tuning, and bolt-on aftermarket products.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any moates for dummies help?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2015, 12:34 PM

Received 56 Likes on 50 Posts
Any moates for dummies help?

Ok What do I need from moates to tune my 86 tpi? I read stuff like "flash on the fly" and that makes me believe I can just hook up a laptop and tune and then unhook when done. I see parts and I see kits, but I know from experience kits aren't always the best because they just have more crap.

What hardware do I need?

What software?

No bells n whistle extras I'll never use.
Old 11-28-2015, 06:22 PM

Received 348 Likes on 275 Posts
Car: 1988 Iroc
Engine: L98 350
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: Hawks 8.8 - 3.73
Re: Any moates for dummies help?

Start here:
https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/diy-...uide-book.html

Can't really just hook up a laptop and go with our cars, at least how they come from the factory. I suppose at the VERY least, you'd need a laptop, a bin editor/tuning software, a chip burner and a the proper chip. But that's no data-logging or real time tuning. The Moates Autoprom will do all that. That's the way I was gonna go, but ended up going with the Dynamic EFI/EBL Flash set up.

I can almost guarantee your first 50 or so questions are answered in that link. As for Dynamic EFI...http://www.dynamicefi.com/
Old 11-28-2015, 10:18 PM

Received 56 Likes on 50 Posts
Re: Any moates for dummies help?

I misspoke, I meant burn a chip in the car. Not while it's running, I do know oem stuff is pretty old n basic. My current prom/chip w/e it's called is set up for data logging if I get the gear to do it. So if I had the stuff to data log, then make the tune and then burn it. idk just what is what and don't trust any vendor to not try and sell me the undercoat.

Saw the FAQ, just old posts and I know even for old stuff like this a lot can change. I've spent time researching info for other stuff before to only find it's beyond obsolete and I wasted a lot of time.