Auto Detailing and Appearance Share tips and tricks on how to make your Third Gen shine! Get opinions on products or how something tasteful looks on your Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird.

What's My Car Worth...Let's Play

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2019, 03:27 PM
Supreme Member

Received 408 Likes on 295 Posts
Car: 1986 IROC Z
Engine: 5.0 TPI
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.23 Posi
Re: What's My Car Worth...Let's Play

Originally Posted by vinny R
Here is the red 89 IROC twin turbo beast. This thing is over the top! Kindig, Foose quality! Engine, engine bay, underneath, interior and that red paint! Nothing on this car was not touched it is a complete resto build. The builder told me he had about 90K in this one and I talked to him before it went across and he knew he would not get it back.The car hammered at 51K. IMHO this was a great buy. I think the parts alone would cost this much! This car is the is the best built 3rd gen I have seen in person to this date. Truly awesome build!
Nice-looking car; appears to be pro-built. What he got vs what he had in it is in line with what hot rods/resto-mods/etc. traditionally bring---about half what it cost to build it.

Out of curiosity, did the seller say why he was letting it go? Based just on the appearance of the headers and turbo housings, the car doesn't look like it has many post-resto miles on it.
Old 04-15-2019, 08:55 AM
Supreme Member

Received 235 Likes on 181 Posts
Car: 1991 Z28
Engine: 305 TPI
Axle/Gears: 3:42 Auburn

Originally Posted by ironwill
Nice-looking car; appears to be pro-built. What he got vs what he had in it is in line with what hot rods/resto-mods/etc. traditionally bring---about half what it cost to build it.

Out of curiosity, did the seller say why he was letting it go? Based just on the appearance of the headers and turbo housings, the car doesn't look like it has many post-resto miles on it.
No he did not. The guy selling the car was the builder not the owner. He did not mention why the owner was selling. I noticed the same thing.
I did get the shops card as the cars were built in Miami and build quality is amazing..
Old 04-15-2019, 01:44 PM
Supreme Member

Received 235 Likes on 181 Posts
Car: 1991 Z28
Engine: 305 TPI
Axle/Gears: 3:42 Auburn

Originally Posted by chazman
Magnificent! I've noticed that well done resto-mods have been getting some crazy money this time around at BJ. But like you said, $90K invested, (and it shows), and sold for 51K.
Point well taken Chaz, see below. I think the type car has alot to do with it as is evident in the resto picked below. Wow!
I am impressed also with the price the vert sold for, only a couple grand off the all original blue Z. It seams once you start modding one of these (third gens) the price drops drastically unless you go all out. Take out the car show paint job and this resto vert is nothing more than what alot of members do on this site. I would have thought that vert would be more of a 15K-18K tops.

AuctionPalm Beach 2019

LocationShowcase E-4

ReserveNO RESERVE

StatusSold

Price$253,000.00

Lot730

Year1970

MakeCHEVROLET

ModelCHEVELLE

StyleCUSTOM CONVERTIBLE

Last edited by vinny R; 04-15-2019 at 01:46 PM. Reason: typo