Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

A source for leather interior - highly recommended!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2001, 09:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A source for leather interior - highly recommended!

A continuing theme in this forum is where to get leather interiors for 3rd gens. I am contributing my favorable experience with Lambert's Auto Sales and Salvage, located in Boonesville, Mississippi (662-728-0409).

I wanted tan leather seats for my 1992 Firebird convertible. They are not easy to find, and when you do they are very pricey.

Someone here suggested Lambert's. I called and spoke with Richard. He was very knowledgeable. He specializes in F-bodies. I trusted him based on our conversation and gave him my credit card number. He said he had several 4th gen sets and would go look at them in the warehouse and call me back. He called back and said he had two excellent sets, one with power lumbar and one without. He recommended the power seats and would charge me the same either way. I said great, send 'em. He said he would get to it after the holidays.

They just arrived. They are exactly as he described. They are virtually perfect. The only imperfection I can see is that they are a little dried out - though much better than you would expect to see in a 3-year-old set of seats, and nothing a good leather treatment can't cure. Even the left bolster on the driver's seat, which always gets worn first from entering/exiting the vehicle, has no wear. They are going to look great in my 'bird.

There is only one catch. He didn't send the back for the back seat, only the two bottom seat cushions. I called to find out why and he said he wasn't happy with the quality of what he had, the rear seat backs weren't quite as good as the rest of what he sent. He said he expects to have a good one to send within the next couple of weeks.

Meanwhile, he hasn't even charged my credit card yet. Even though he sent 4/5 of my order already and has paid the UPS shipping up front(which I will pay, as we agreed). He doesn't want to charge me until he fills my order.

I am very pleased with the service. Merchants who treat customers like this deserve recognition.

I didn't mention price, and I won't quote what I paid, but I will say it was FAR less than what I was quoted by the other sellers. This is due in part to the fact that I wanted tan, apparently Lambert's gets far more demand for charcoal so he charges more for that.

I hope this helps someone else.

Dan
bird@javanet.com
1992 Firebird Convertible
1967 Firebird Convertible
Old 01-22-2001, 11:06 AM

These guys are hands down, the best I've delt with. I've spent a lot of cash with them and am always pleased with the service and the final product.
Old 01-22-2001, 11:42 AM
Banned

they are the guys i got my interior from also , they really are good people didnt BS me at all
Old 01-22-2001, 11:55 AM
Supreme Member

You guys should put a post in the "Vendors" forum for guys that end up looking for this stuff there... I'll certainly keep them in mind.

Steve

------------------
Steve's Trans Am Temple
Old 01-22-2001, 12:30 PM

I am happy to post my recommendation for Lambert's at the vendor board, but I don't know how to copy what I wrote to that board. If someone else knows how, please either let me know or please go ahead and do it yourself. Either way it's good to let other 3rd-genners know of quality sources for parts.
Old 01-23-2001, 06:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
does he deal with 3rd gen parts?
cuz i am looking for some 91-92 firebird or TA cloth seats to put in my truck.