Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

Camaro front bumper sagging corners

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 06:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Camaro front bumper sagging corners

Sorry if this has already been gone over I've looked but maybe I don't know the keywords to search for.

I have a 92 camaro rs that I put a smc hood off of an 82 z28 bc I hated the lift off 4 inch cowl hood that was beat up.

My problem is that my bumper is sagging or warping on the corners next to the headlights and causing the hood to contact the bumper.

Does anyone have a suggestion to fix this? I've read about using a heat gun to kinda mold these bumpers. Is that my best bet? I looked inside to see if anything was bent where the bumper bolts on but everything looked ok.

Old 07-26-2017, 08:02 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1,052 Likes on 748 Posts
Re: Camaro front bumper sagging corners

The front bumper cover doesn't even fit the fender correctly. Judging from the welds on the upper radiator support, someone has rebuilt the front end at some point. Misalignment and poor repair probably has something to do with why the parts don't fit right.
Old 07-26-2017, 08:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its untelling the kind of life it had. I've never had to turn a bolt on this up until i got this hood for free. Its a cheap toy and in no way gonna be the 3rd gen to end all 3rd gens but id like the hood to fit that way it doesn't take a buddy just to lift the hood and check oil.
Old 08-29-2017, 01:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1992 Camaro RS & 2014 Camaro SS V8
Engine: 305 & 6.2L
Transmission: 700R4

If you get under the car and look up inside the fender wall towards the front you will see 3 or 4 10 mm bolts. That keeps the bumper cover to the fender. You could check those to see if anything broke or came loose, or try to adjust it. Be careful and don't force anything.

Last edited by phasevariance; 08-29-2017 at 01:21 PM.