Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

White 92 RS striping thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2020, 05:04 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Car: '92 RS
Engine: 5.0TBI
Transmission: TKX
Axle/Gears: 2.73
White 92 RS striping thoughts

OK, as it says in the title, I have a white '92 RS that until recently had the stock red stripes. I've added a cowl hood and the slightly larger brake light rear spoiler. I am wanting to do some sort of striping for a little different look. I am keeping the white paint as its in really good condition, is a decent enough color and should last for quite a few more years. I think that all white is a good look but I can also see doing the lower spoiler and all the lower GFX in the original red. Anybody have any good ideas or opinions, everybody has those, on what i should do?
Old 04-20-2020, 07:39 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Car: 91 Rs
Engine: 327 SBC
Transmission: 700r4
Re: White 92 RS striping thoughts

Here's what I did on mine
Old 04-21-2020, 07:28 AM
Supreme Member

Received 212 Likes on 178 Posts
Car: '89 GTA
Engine: ZZ6TPI
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: Borg Warner 3.70:1
Re: White 92 RS striping thoughts

Originally Posted by clubber
OK, as it says in the title, I have a white '92 RS that until recently had the stock red stripes. I've added a cowl hood and the slightly larger brake light rear spoiler. I am wanting to do some sort of striping for a little different look. I am keeping the white paint as its in really good condition, is a decent enough color and should last for quite a few more years. I think that all white is a good look but I can also see doing the lower spoiler and all the lower GFX in the original red. Anybody have any good ideas or opinions, everybody has those, on what i should do?
I personally would not do the ground effects and lower spoilers red. I don't think that would look good. Leave them white to match the rest of the car. If I had a white RS, I would paint the headlight pockets semi-gloss black like a Z28, swap the grille to a Z28 style and add fog lights and do the heritage stripes in silver. It would dress it up but still be a really clean look. That's my $0.02 for what its worth.