Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

Jongbloed cowl hoods

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2002, 02:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jongbloed cowl hoods

I am looking for a Jongbloed Cowl hood. I heard that they have been discontinued. A few months ago, someone was talking about using their Jongbloed Cowl hood as a template, and had someone lined up to make some. Has anyone heard of this, and if so, does anyone know how to get in touch with this individual to find out any progress? I'm desperate.... I gotta have one:hail:
Old 04-01-2002, 04:06 PM

GT Auto was working on it. It was posted that it would be done in 2 to 3 weeks about 2 months back. I emailed them for an update but they have not replied. I hope that is not an indication of service. I do like the hood, But hate it when sites wont respond to an email. If your not going to respond why have a link?
Old 04-01-2002, 04:08 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1989 Camaro
Engine: 406
Transmission: Pro-built 700R4
GT Auto is suposed to be making the hood. Hes been working on it for what seems like forever,and I still have not seen any pics or anything. He has not answered my last few e-mails,so I don't know about a date or anything. The last email I got from him he said he was swamped with spoiler and ram air hood orders and had just got back from the TA national. I'm damn sure tired of this trailor park hole in my hood with the breather sticking out,I need a hood bad. I've been waiting for this hood since the topic came up last July about making them.
Old 04-01-2002, 04:23 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 92 Trans Am 'Vert
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: 5 Speed
Why not give GTAuto a call directly? Im sure hell answer ya right away!
Old 04-02-2002, 10:01 AM

Believe it or not, I just got off of the phone with the guy from GT Auto, and he told me that he has been really swamped here lately and has not had any time to work on the hood. He also could'nt tell me when it will be done, but he did tell me that it will be functional and will be a direct bolt on. So hurry up and wait