Brakes Looking to upgrade or get the most out of what you have stock? All brake discussions go here!

Brake light switch hitting plug on steering column

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 10:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brake light switch hitting plug on steering column

hello, I recently replace the steering colum in my camaro. It fit perfect the three times that I took it out and put it back in. But the last time I did one of the plug on steering column is exactly where the brake switch is and I can not plug that one in as you can see in the pictures. I do not know what is different from to afterward. I literally took out the steering column had to rewire some of the wire on the column so they would fit the plug and then tried (roughly 20-30 minutes later) to put the steering column back in. I have tried for quite a few hours now but I can't figure out what is wrong. I feel it is something simple since I've had it in and all plugged in before and everything worked. With out the black plug plugged in that's how close they are. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-18-2017, 03:38 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Re: Brake light switch hitting plug on steering column

The switch rotates in the mount. It just presses into the clip. Have you tried rotating it to a different angle?
Old 04-18-2017, 04:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Brake light switch hitting plug on steering column

Hello, yes I have. I have tried it in pretty much every way.