Brakes Looking to upgrade or get the most out of what you have stock? All brake discussions go here!

How difficult to install pre-bent lines?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 12:29 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1992 Z/28
Engine: 305
Transmission: Auto
Axle/Gears: 2.73's I think
How difficult to install pre-bent lines?

Have a '92 Camaro, don't drive it much but wife refuses to sell it. Has C5 brake conversion up front and manual S10 rear wheel cylinders on stock drums. Brakes seemed a little soft (hard to compare with lack of driving it), and wife said light came on so assume we have a leak. Plan to just replace all the hard lines with SS and be done with it. I've bent stuff in the past on trucks, but for the extra $120 or whatever, I'd rather not spend the time. How difficult is it going to be to swap these (barring normal issues with rust/frozen fittings and brake bleeders)? Not sure how clearance is.

I plan to swap the flexible brake hoses which I'm in there. Is it 'really worth it' to do braided stainless or should I just stick with regular rubber?

Thanks
Old 06-09-2017, 04:48 PM
Supreme Member

Received 83 Likes on 67 Posts
Car: 1989 Pontiac Formula 350
Engine: L98
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: BorgWarner 3.27 Posi
Re: How difficult to install pre-bent lines?

I recently swapped the hard line with pre-bent stainless going to the rear and it wasn't horrible. Just some jack stands. A second set of hands to assist can go a long way. We fed it from the front of the car through to the back.