Camaros Wanted Looking to buy a specific Camaro? Post your Want Ad here.

[BC] 1987 Iroc-z convertible 5 speed

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 01:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 87 Iroc Convertible
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: 5-speed
Axle/Gears: G92
1987 Iroc-z convertible 5 speed

This is a very rare and well optioned 1987 20th anniversary Iroc-Z convertible - Check the SPID picture for all the options. 1987 had the lowest production numbers of all the years that the Iroc convertible was produced - 744. Of that the likely percentage of 5 speed full load cars is probably no more than 10% ... 30 years later how many are left? Impossible to pin it down for sure but I would say a safe guess would be 25-30 original factory ordered 5 speeds?

The few other cars that I have seen optioned like this were also customer special orders through a dealer. It seems that dealers at the time were much more likely to order an automatic version for stock or their showroom as it was easier to sell.

Some of the desirable options include:

305 HO TPI -220hp
20th anniversary dash map pocket
5 speed manual
Power drivers seat
4 Wheel discs
9 bolt bw posi 3.45:1
Air conditioning

It has had a few period correct mods but nothing that could not be returned to 100% stock if desired.

The car has 52,XXX miles and is a rust free US car. It has a clean accident history and has only been repainted once. It started life as a customer special order out of New Jersey, moved to San Diego and then finally up to Vancouver in 2015. It has been safety inspected and is currently registered in BC. The original roof is still "OK" but should be recovered at some point to be perfect. Paint is still quite good but has a few small scratches and chips. Although not 100% perfect I would describe this as a very nice weekend driver that could easily be upped to a show/collector level car.

Originally red on red leather now red on red/black interior. All gauges work properly, no dash cracks or bad interior plastics and has a new NOS leather oem shift ****. When I bough the car it had an aftermarket steering wheel which I replaced with a new Chuck Pelton restored/recovered leather stock steering wheel. I also just replaced the MAF sensor (brand new Bosch one - not a reman one).

Period correct updates:

SLP TPI intake runners, Edlebrock headers, 3" Flowmaster exhaust and MSD wires. Chrome 16" aftermarket Iroc rims as well as stock GM 16" Iroc wheels.

Alpine stereo - perfect Alpine 7903 pullout cd, Alpine ERE-G180 Eq/crossover, Alpine 3522 amps (x3) 8" sub. Sounds great and nothing modified that can't be returned to stock if desired. I will deduct $1000 off the price if you do not want the stereo.

$13,500 USD.

I would also be open to a partial trade plus $ for a t-top/HT 3rd gen Camaro with an LS swap or a straight trade for a decent C5 Corvette.

If you have been looking for a factory TPI/5-speed authentic Iroc-Z convertible you will know just how few and far between these have become. PM me your contact number if you would like to talk in more detail about the car.

Pierre
Attached Thumbnails 1987 Iroc-z convertible 5 speed-iroc-1.jpg   1987 Iroc-z convertible 5 speed-iroc-2.jpg   1987 Iroc-z convertible 5 speed-iroc-interior.jpg   1987 Iroc-z convertible 5 speed-iroc-motor-2.jpg   1987 Iroc-z convertible 5 speed-rpo-tag.jpg  

Old 04-18-2017, 01:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 87 Iroc Convertible
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: 5-speed
Axle/Gears: G92
Re: 1987 Iroc-z convertible 5 speed

Mods please delete - I accidentally posted this in the wrong section.