Convertibles Discussed here are problems and solutions to convertible specific questions, including difficult to find part numbers and other convertible tech help.

Someone school me

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 09:45 PM

Received 44 Likes on 20 Posts
Car: 1987 GTA
Engine: 5.0
Transmission: Automatic
Someone school me

Out on my lunch break and came across this really nice vert while cruising around the other shops. Love my GTA ttop but this thing caught my eye. I know nothing about convertibles. Is this one anything special? I'm going back Monday to find out mileage, history etc. Thanks in advance.

Old 11-03-2017, 10:06 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1,052 Likes on 748 Posts
Re: Someone school me

Looks like an 83 Daytona 500 pace car. By default it's going to be an autoform conversion. Not particularly rare or valuable even before someone cut the roof off and did convertible conversion. It's one of the two seaters with the backmobile cover over what used to be the backseat, with a trunk compartment like something on a boat. Really goofy looking with the top down.
Old 11-03-2017, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Drew
Looks like an 83 Daytona 500 pace car. By default it's going to be an autoform conversion. Not particularly rare or valuable even before someone cut the roof off and did convertible conversion. It's one of the two seaters with the backmobile cover over what used to be the backseat, with a trunk compartment like something on a boat. Really goofy looking with the top down.
Thx Drew, I actually tried to pm you but couldn't get the pics to post on a pm. Glad you saw this.
Old 11-03-2017, 10:27 PM
Supreme Member

Received 124 Likes on 91 Posts
Car: 1989 IROC Convertible
Engine: 350 TPI L98
Transmission: WC T5
Axle/Gears: 3.42

Back in the day a friend of a friend had one of these in red. He wore dark sunglasses, was bald with a Goat-T and a wicked grin. Looked liked the Devil himself driving around in his fiery Firebird.
Old 11-03-2017, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Tootie Pang
Back in the day a friend of a friend had one of these in red. He wore dark sunglasses, was bald with a Goat-T and a wicked grin. Looked liked the Devil himself driving around in his fiery Firebird.
I can actually vissulize this guy