DFI and ECM Discuss all aspects of DFI (Digital Fuel Injection), ECMs (Electronic Control Module), scanners, and diagnostic equipment. Fine tune your Third Gen computer system for top performance.

mega squirt II

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 87 iroc z
Engine: 358 tpi
Transmission: 700r4 with transpack
Axle/Gears: 3.42 with powertrax
mega squirt II

hey guys im getting ready to get a msII system for my 87 and have a few qustions i want someone to answer that has the system and knows from experiance.Ok first can i use my desk top pc to tune and do diagnostics i dont have a laptop and dont mind takeing my pc out to the car to tune.And as far as connecting to my factory harness was it pretty easy.Im pretty shure it comes with all the stuff i need but i was wanting to talk to someone who bought one and installed it on there car like im going to do and see if they really got everything they needed im going to order from the one diy autotune i think is the name.I cant decide if i want to try to put it together myself or get pre assembled i can save alot of cash by doing it myself so some feed back would be great from some consumers who has done this theirself thanks.....
Old 05-02-2009, 07:46 PM

Car: 1988 firebird trans am GTA
Engine: 5.7L w/hsr
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: posi 3.23
Re: mega squirt II

so long as you have a serial port, you can use your computer... if you want to carry it out there you can. you should try to score a cheap pos laptop somewhere though or you won't be able to do any logging, which is important for building a good tune. laptop don't have to be much.. just basically functional. i have a 6 year old dell laptop i'm using and its workin fine.

built my ms2 myself.. wasn't as bad as i thought it would be. buy both the ms2 and the "stimulator" thingie at diyautotune... they are a good company. practice building the stim, then you will be good to go on the MS2. if you wait a couple weeks you can also score the adapter board so you don't even have to mess with your wiring harness.. just plug in and start tuning.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:29 PM

Car: 87 iroc z
Engine: 358 tpi
Transmission: 700r4 with transpack
Axle/Gears: 3.42 with powertrax
Re: mega squirt II

sounds great man yea it will be a few weeks probly a couple more months but im for shure getting one im real in to the ms system because i love the hands on being able to control every aspect of my electronics espically my car and i see what ya mean about the laptop im guessing the datd logging is driving the car with the laptop still hooked up i thought about that a few hours ago myself but keep me posted on that plugin when its avalible and the cost ill probly get it if it will work on my 87 tpi mass air flow system to make it just plug stright in that would be nice altough i dont mind splicing wires to make one either weel see i guess i want that wide band o2 as well so that might tighten my budget a little lol thanks agin