DIY PROM Do It Yourself PROM chip burning help. No PROM begging. No PROMs for sale. No commercial exchange. Not a referral service.

SOLVED: Colorado: Ostrich 2 cable: Broke mine

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 10:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SOLVED: Colorado: Ostrich 2 cable: Broke mine

Hi and Merry Christmas!

If you are in the Denver area, and have an Ostrich 2 (or 1) and can spare the lending of your cable, I would be most grateful.

I opened my brand new Ostrich 2 from its packaging today, a Christmas present from the family, dropped the ribbon cable on the floor where it was promptly stepped on by an excited person (not mentioning either names nor age to protect the innocent).

So much for my $200 Xmas present.

I'll order another one, but really hoping someone local has one they could lend for a few days.

Thanks!
B
UPDATE: Well, after cursing, crying, screaming and feeling generally like an ID-10-T, with the gracious assistance from a spectacular board member (TunedPerformance) AND then reading (Reading Is Fundamental) Moates Support - the pins that broke were only from the "extra" IC socket that Moates inherently builds into their solution!!!!

I can separate the D2 socket from the cable!!! The actual pins from the cable are perfect!! YEAH!

Meaning, I can now skip-out on family drama today and work on emulating!! Merry Christmas, indeed!!

Last edited by ChevyTycoon; 12-24-2016 at 10:43 AM.