DIY PROM Do It Yourself PROM chip burning help. No PROM begging. No PROMs for sale. No commercial exchange. Not a referral service.

EBL Manual LT4 Hotcam to Automatic Tune

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 10:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1991 Firebird Formula
Engine: 5.7L TPI
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 3.23
EBL Manual LT4 Hotcam to Automatic Tune

I have an opportunity to get a used TPI engine with an LT4 Hotcam for a decent price. It was being run on EBL with a manual transmission, but I have an automatic. What are my options as far as getting a proper tune on it. I haven't done any tuning apart from cold start tuning. Maybe someone has already done an LT4 hotcam tune for automatic that I can start from?

Also would it be a good upgrade from my stock 350? It's got stock TPI intake, LT4 Hotcam with 1.6 rockers, and Corvette aluminum heads. Already have plenty of exhaust sizing to support it. Was thinking about getting another engine so I can start working on a 383 FIRST build so this might fit the bill if I can get it swapped in and running pretty good in a short period.
Old 08-17-2017, 08:51 AM

Received 215 Likes on 201 Posts
Car: check
Engine: check
Transmission: check
Re: EBL Manual LT4 Hotcam to Automatic Tune

Set the TCC option flag. Then dial in the lower RPM SA so that the engine/vehicle drives OK. That is at idle, off-idle and low throttle inputs.

For a throttle stomp from a standstill can use the launch mode (LM) parameters to get the engine up against the convertor.

Can also change the TCC lockup/unlock for how you like it.

RBob.
Old 08-17-2017, 10:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1991 Firebird Formula
Engine: 5.7L TPI
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 3.23

Does EBL use the same BIN for both manual and automatic cars? I would certainly feel more confident if I had an automatic tune for an engine close to the one I'm considering.
Old 08-17-2017, 10:52 AM
Supreme Member

Received 174 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by someone972
Does EBL use the same BIN for both manual and automatic cars? I would certainly feel more confident if I had an automatic tune for an engine close to the one I'm considering.
It comes with a variety of bins, just pick the L98 bin and make a few changes to accommodate your injectors (if different), cam and increased air flow. Easy peasy...