DIY PROM Do It Yourself PROM chip burning help. No PROM begging. No PROMs for sale. No commercial exchange. Not a referral service.

Android/Elm327 LS Pcm App (In Development)

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2017, 10:12 PM
Want a title? Post!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Android/Elm327 LS Pcm App (In Development)

Hello, I'm posting this here looking for input, suggestions and possibly people interested in helping further develop some features of this app.

About 3 years ago dimented24x7 released his flash tool in this thread. https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/diy-prom/696609-houston-we-have-reflash.html

Well I do not have any thing as far along as the "Black Box Flash" and the "LS1 Flash Tool" (by Antus over at pcmhacking.net) I do have a tool that's under development and already has a couple of basic functions that are working. What makes this unique is it's being done via Android and over Bluetooth with a relatively cheap hardware interface(ObdLink MX) that emulates the Elm327 protocol.

There are 2 breeds of Pcm's this app is being developed for the 99-02 512kb pcm (also know as the 0411 PCM) and the 1mb version that looks identical to the 0411 pcm that was used from 2003-2007.
Currently the app can do several things safely having been tested on more then a dozen pcm's with out any issues.
  1. Read the Pcm Operating system ID number, the current calibration of the OS, the Bcc code and the Seed.
  2. The app can automatically calculate the Key to unlock the PCM( provided the Pcm is not tuner locked) and is capable of unlock the Pcm making Read/Write possible
  3. Allow manual Key entry to unlock the Pcm if the app is unable to automatically calculate the correct key based off the Seed.
  4. Read the Vin number from the Pcm AND can change the Vin number to any thing you want regardless if it's a valid Vin for anything.
  5. Read the Serial Number of the Flash chip AND can change the serial number. The 99-02 Pcm serial number can be changed permanently while the 03-07 Serial Number is only changed until the Pcm is power cycled or rebooted.

Now some of the features that I am working out all the details on before implementing in the app.....I have tested each of these in a stand alone environment and verified the methods will work and can be implemented into the App in the near future.
  1. A brute force Key cracking method (very early stage and has been added into a version of the app), this would allow you to crack any Key used on tuner locked Pcm's.
  2. Change the Key used to unlock the Pcm, for example return a tuner locked Pcm's Key back to the original setting.
  3. Change the BCC code
  4. Change Vats/Pass key code

What Needs to be done still......
  1. Create or find bootloaders that can be used to Read and Write a .bin file legally.
  2. Setup reading/Writing with an external file in a .bin format.
  3. Determine if it would be beneficial to design an interface that would allow basic changes such as Security removal, disable certain sensors & codes(for off road use only of course), change gear ratio and tire size, alter ship points, speed limiter, rev limiter and any other basic feature you could think of.

Here's a couple of videos of the progress the app's made since I started working on this about 2 months ago.

Initial concept and first successful Pcm changes

More recent version with many of the currently working features shown
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1Uz...ature=youtu.be

Statically I have been very successful thus far with out any pcm damage. I started this with 12 pcm's and have only bricked 1 so far and that was done while trying to make the serial number change permanent on the 1mb Pcm. Nothing else I have done so far has caused any damage to the pcm or the calibration file on the pcm.

This has been tested on US pcm's(Chevy car/truck and Gmc truck) and with Holden pcm's in Australia and have not encountered any issues in compatibility.

Depending on what the app ends up being able to do this will likely end up being a very inexpensive app with little to no restrictions on how it's used. It's hard to think that a Pcm thats been around for almost 20 years is still so costly to make any changes too yet brand new cell phones are being cracked and rooted within days of them being released.

Thoughts, questions, comments or suggestions welcome......

Thanks