Electronics Need help wiring something up? Thinking of adding an electrical component to your car? Need help troubleshooting that wiring glitch?

Help Finding the Short Found part of it

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2001, 12:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help Finding the Short Found part of it

Well i found part of the short or at least the system of wires i think its on .. Theres a fuse right off the battery cable that goes into a orage wire that leads into the wireing harnest if i pull the fuse the wireing problem goes away ( exept one thing ) but the car runs like crap .. with that fuse in i get a service engine soon light my turnbulbs work and my guages stay on allso if that fuse is on i cant shut off my car i have to shut it off by pulling the engine controol fuse and then cutting off the battery .. allso if i crank the car and forwhatever reason ( last time it was i forgot to put the engine controol fuse back ) and the car dosent start it will keep cranking and cranking can somoene help me dignose this ?

these are the systems effected that i can see
Turbubls
Guages - both stay on with key off and there not sapose
i get a service engine soon light
and the car wont shut off or the
engine will keep cranking if the car dosent start .. no other system is effected and my chareging is good but the batt will dye if i leave the car sitting with the battery on ........ somone pleeeeeeeeeease help!!!
Old 06-29-2001, 12:30 AM

I'm new here and probabaly can't offer much help but I had an intermitent problem with my car. It wouldn't stop cranking unless it started or the battery was unhooked and I was told that it was the ignition switch shorting out. It sounds like you might have other problems though.</p>

Just a thougt as to what one of the problems might be though.</p>
Old 06-29-2001, 09:50 AM

check the egnition block on the stering collum to see if it melted and your wires are touching. it's about half way down the colum and on top.
Old 06-29-2001, 04:22 PM

Well i forgot to add that i changed the ignition swich and that wasent the problem and the old one wasent bernt out at all.