Electronics Need help wiring something up? Thinking of adding an electrical component to your car? Need help troubleshooting that wiring glitch?

No SES Light!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2004, 09:06 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 85' Firebird (Project), 92' RS
Engine: 2.8L, LS1
Transmission: 700R4, 4L60E
Axle/Gears: 3.42 Open , 10 Bolt (ukn)
No SES Light!!!

Alright, the problem is just as stated in the subject bar. I'm not getting an SES light when i turn my ignition switch to the on position.

I checked and made sure i had a good bulb, actually replaced the one that was in there (good) with another one which was known to be good.

I then got under the dash to ensure that all wires were propperly feeding into the computer terminal, and everything seemed to be working fine there also.

After doing this, the light was still a no-show in the instrument cluster, does anyone have an idea as to what else i should be checking? The wiring was looking good when i had the guages out, unless there's a problem in the wiring somewhere between the wires and box, but i'd highly doubt it, as those wires are still wrapped in factory electrical tape, and going no where.

Also, my AC controls aren't connected at the moment, would not having some of those wires connected cause me problems with my computer and SES setup, i've been told that in an ackward situation the computer and SES are actually "linked" together in a way.

And in closing, are there any fuseable links, or fuses that i should be aware of which would cause something liek this to happen, all vehicle lights are in working condition, and all fuses appear to be in good conditioin inside the fuse box. Please help, this really has me stumped.
Old 06-12-2004, 09:08 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 85' Firebird (Project), 92' RS
Engine: 2.8L, LS1
Transmission: 700R4, 4L60E
Axle/Gears: 3.42 Open , 10 Bolt (ukn)
oh, and i forgot somethign, i was attempting to pull codes off the ALDL port with an OBDI code scanner (the little bulb that blinks) well, i'm also getting no blinking from that either, which means that the problem is deeper than just with that wiring, and is quite possibly computer related, the car did however enter diagnostic mode, as the fan did come on.