Electronics Need help wiring something up? Thinking of adding an electrical component to your car? Need help troubleshooting that wiring glitch?

New guy here. OFF THE WALL wiring question.

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 12:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New guy here. OFF THE WALL wiring question.

Hey guys,
I am pretty sure that this subject hasn't been covered yet...
Here goes:
I am retro fitting a TPI SBC into my 1971 Impala 2 door hardtop. I am getting there with the help of a custom pre-built wiring harness,(fuelinjectionconnection.com) etc. but I have run into one small problem...

The oil pressure switch... I need to install one on the block, but I am not sure where it is supposed to go... Secondly, how would I integrate the "Oil Press." light on the cluster?

I guess my question is, How does the wiring circuit work on the TPI oil pressure switch? Is one side a source, and the other side to the fuel pump relay? If this is correct, which side is source, and what IS the source positive or negative???

I am pretty sure the 1971 oil light is normally open, and the 1971 oil switch would close the ground circuit, but will the TPI oil pressure switch do the same thing? I am thinking I will have to use a relay normally open to close ground to activate the oil light in the gauge cluster.
Can I get a second on this opinion?

Thanks,
Scott AKA Yeah Low.