Electronics Need help wiring something up? Thinking of adding an electrical component to your car? Need help troubleshooting that wiring glitch?

Help! need actuator headlight diagram

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 04:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1986 Firebird
Engine: 350 SB Chevy
Transmission: TH350
Axle/Gears: 3.23
Help! need actuator headlight diagram

I have attempted to fix my headlights not popping up problem before but failed to find the proper relays and switches etc. What I would like is to have an entire wiring diagram of the entire system from the dashlight switch right to the motors. I know there are 3 relays in the system and I will need part numbers off of them because they are no longer in the car. I know my motors work because I can hand crank them as well as hotwire them to come up and down. If worst comes to worse, has anybody done a rig that will work for these motors that works without the relays? thanks in advance and any help appreciated.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:57 PM
Supreme Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Car: 82 Z28
Engine: 383 SP EFI/ 4150 TB
Transmission: T400
Axle/Gears: QP 9" 3.73
Re: Help! need actuator headlight diagram

http://www.austinthirdgen.org/mkport...ody_wiring.gif

Originally Posted by 1986Firebird350
, has anybody done a rig that will work for these motors that works without the relays?
The relays are there for a purpose so you don't have the heavy amps needed for the motors running all the way inside to the switch and then back out to lights.
Relays allow a little switch to switch big currents which is why they are there in the 1st place.